Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Revs vs Rebas @120mm 29er
  • mattjg
    Free Member

I bought a 29er that came with 140mm Rev RLs, I spaced them down to 120mm.

What’s the difference between these and Rebas at 120mm? I’m pretty sure I want to stay at 120mm, is it worthwhile looking for someone who has Rebas and may want a swap?

st

I thought Rebas now had lowers more like Sids so a chunk lighter than Revs with the possibility of increase flex.

mattjg
    Free Member

OK, so lighter but maybe flexier?

mattjg
    Free Member

Bump – anyone have any more specific info on this? Thanks. Is there a notable weight/stiffness difference?

Paceman
    Free Member

I have 120mm Rebas with the bolt-thru Maxle Lite on my 29er and they’re certainly not flexy.

Maybe check the SRAM/Rockshox website for comparable weights. I’d expect the Rebas are quite a bit lighter.

mattjg
    Free Member

good point ‘spose I could!

Reba 1565grams, Revs 1796 grams (both 29er, RL, tapered, QR). Just over half a pound difference.Not dramatic but in a place where a bit of weight loss is handy.

Let me rephrase the question. At 120mm, what’s the benefit of a Rev over the equivalent spec’d Reba?

If I know I don’t need 140mm, should I look for a Rev to Reba swapsie?

Cheezpleez

Rebas may save you a couple of ounces but the answer you’re really looking for is … Nimble 9 😉

MrTall
    Free Member

I switched from 120mm Reba’s to 130mm Revs and find them much better.
    Biggest difference for me is the increased tyre clearance with the Revs which means I can run bigger tyres without the dreaded tyre rub that seems the norm with all the RS 29er maxle Reba forks I own.
    Plus the Revs just seem slightly plusher but that may be in my head.

mattjg
    Free Member

Thx MrT.

I’d run the same tyres so no benefit for me there.

jairaj

The Rebas will be about 200g lighter and a bit more flexier. The Revs will also have better damping and internal components. The Reba is basically a SID with cheaper internals to keep the cost down.

I have a 26″ Rev and SID (same chassis as the Reba) and yes when the trail gets rough you can feel a bit of flex going on but its never really enough to distract me from what I’m doing. It’s not like it wobbles about like jelly.

I’m also quite a heavy rider and been riding the bike quite aggressively. If you are a lighter rider or have a smoother style then you probably wouldn’t notice much.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Revs vs Rebas @120mm 29er’ is closed to new replies.