Viewing 40 posts - 2,441 through 2,480 (of 3,879 total)
  • STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread
  • Kryton57

So, Lawes back for England, so we’ll see what difference he really makes with a pack unchanged with the exception of himself, a good apples-for-apples comparison.

An unchanged back line also which indicates to me that we’ve found the RWC back line Lancaster wants to use barring injury, but with Slade on the bench which probably means the end of Twelvetrees if Slade works well at that level. I image we may see Slade on at 60 vs Scotland.

DanW
    Free Member

As for 1/2p hitting the line in attack is it him not able to hit space like Byrne used to do so well or do we lack the passing skills to put him into the holes. I think its the latter…shame that orange bloke turned to shit.

Pretty much. Against Scotland 1/2p was stood in the attacking line to just give an extra man with no-one covering behind. It wasn’t as though he was making runs, more just stood in the line… so maybe a deliberate tactic or maybe 1/2p has had the instinct drilled out of him for spotting lines and ends up looking like a spare part? No idea! Whatever it was, it didn’t achieve anything

BlindMelon
    Free Member

So according to Neil Francis Warren Gatland has the intellectual properties of a tub of flora

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/six-nations/neil-francis-warren-gatland-has-the-intellectual-properties-of-a-tub-of-flora-31060289.html

anagallis_arvensis

Bit rich coming from that ****.

mindmap3
    Free Member

As an England supporter there’s not much to say when you hear that Barritt was in line for a recall!

Like many, I’m really starting to lose faith in Lancaster and co. After the length of time they’ve been in charge you would have hoped that they’d have an idea of their back line and a style that they’d like to play. The selection of backs seems focused on defence rather than attack and we will not seem to see the people pushing for a place once there’s an injury (Ford being a prime example). The new players don’t seem to get much chance either before thos with ‘credit in the bank’ are bought back in. What really got me frothing at the mouth was when one of the coaching staff was quoted as commenting on Lawes lack of game time…which was way more than the chosen one had before being bought back in the squad in the autumn. Even more so was that he’s actually played well.

The more I watch, the more I think that extending his contract before the World Cup was the wrong thing to do.

If by some miracle we do win the 6N, I think it’ll be slightly hollow because so far we’ve played 40mins of good rugby against Wales.

Wales Ireland is huge tomorrow. Still can’t call it, but my gut says that Ireland will sneak it because they play such a well drilled game.

Pigface
    Free Member

Irish still bleating that Gatland dropped BOD 😆 they are never going to get over it 😆

duckman

Kryton57, do you think the hugely financed England operation,with it’s coaches for everything and various ‘ologists and nutritionists is an advocate of it’s finely tuned players being allowed to have pudding? 😀

wilko1999
    Free Member

I wouldn’t let any of the England squad have pudding unless they helped to tidy the pitch up after the game – take down post pads and corner flags, tamp down any grass scuffed up from scrummaging etc.

Kryton57

Don’t you think I’ve been through enough with that issue to kindly leave it alone and move on and allow me to enjoy the rest of STW?

Thanks.

Pigface
    Free Member

He is only pudding your leg 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Krypton, just ignore while wondering why other nation’s supporters have such an obsession/fascination with the boys in white. Almost as unhealthy as the said puddings.

Having stayed at their base in the middle of last years 6N I can confirm that they did not come anywhere near the pudding trolley. Very nice and approachable folk though and far away from the misnomer of “arrogant” English. Had great chats with Launchberry, Hartley, and Robshaw. Lawes was a bit scary to bump into though!!!

On Gatland and BOD, history seems pretty clear…..time to get over that one too!!

wilko1999
    Free Member

Looks like his sense of humour has desserted him

Back on topic, I’m looking forward to seeing Lawes level a few people tomorrow. Just hope he doesn’t lose the ball in contact too many times…

Kryton57

while wondering why other nation’s supporters have such an obsession/fascination with the boys in white.

Our colonial history?

DanW
    Free Member

The more I watch, the more I think that extending his contract before the World Cup was the wrong thing to do.

That is seems pretty normal as a way of making sure the coach doesn’t go AWOL towards the end of the contract at a cruicial time as they look ahead to their next job and also give the coaches some security as they’ll be due a big payout if they “part ways” after the RWC, before the contract ends

The selection of backs seems focused on defence rather than attack

That is just the nature of international rugby, especially in the NH. I must agree though that I’m not sure what Lancaster and co have brought to the table that is new or special for the team

bigblackshed

The only thing I can see Bomber has done is stick with the same group of players come hell or high water. It just happens to be the wrong group of players.

Serious question. Would Farrell have been in the team if his dad wasn’t on the coaching staff. He’s not even the best 12 in the country, his proper and club position, let alone a 10?

anagallis_arvensis

while wondering why other nation’s supporters have such an obsession/fascination with the boys in white.
    Our colonial history?

What was the Empire called again?

Anyway enough of this pavlova, whatcabout predictions.

England by 10
    Ireland by 5
    France by 15

duckman

AA; It would be rice to just lose by 10 to England,last two games at “twickers” have been by 20 points. I would be pudding money on the same if I gambled…..What?

DanW
    Free Member

France by 10, England by 20 and Ireland by 5

Kryton57

What was the Empire called again

. Fair point I didn’t think that through.

I’m cheering for England and Wales this week. England by 20.

wrecker
    Free Member

would be pudding money on the same if I gambled…..What?

Sounds a trifle risky to me.

Kryton57

I’m going to start reporting this abuse across threads. I’ve asked once, I’m not going to again. Please let it lie.

thegreatape
    Free Member

What was the Empire called again?

This?

mindmap3
    Free Member

The only thing I can see Bomber has done is stick with the same group of players come hell or high water. It just happens to be the wrong group of players.

Serious question. Would Farrell have been in the team if his dad wasn’t on the coaching staff. He’s not even the best 12 in the country, his proper and club position, let alone a 10?

That’s the frustrating thing. The talk of form is BS…the last straw for me was parachuting the chosen one in after a terrible game for Sarries. And then stick with him, even in an unfamiliar position. I don’t get the continuous selection of 12T either. The bench options tend to be rubbish too, and all subs pre-planned no matter how well people are playing. No wonder the players can’t adapt on the day.

anagallis_arvensis

I’ve asked once, I’m not going to again.

I wonder if you are over egging you’re influence?

wrecker
    Free Member

I wonder if you are over egging you’re influence?

RIGHT! That takes the biscuit!

thegreatape
    Free Member

AA – apostrophe fail. What a fool.

Pigface
    Free Member

Settle down Ape no need for that.

Kryton just ride it out,

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Settle down Ape no need for that.

It was a trifle OTT, wasn’t it?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Too subtle?

anagallis_arvensis

AA – apostrophe fail. What a fool.

I donut understand grammar.

Pigface
    Free Member

Not subtle enough 😆

Come on Wales let’s have a great match and a home win.

loum
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Krypton, just ignore while wondering why other nation’s supporters have such an obsession/fascination with the boys in white.

Honestly, they don’t.
    A fortnight ago they were in the headlines because of who they were playing, but now they’re the Other team, in the Other game.

In this weekend’s feast of rugby, they’re not the main course.

Expecting a great game. Wales always play better when they lay off the mindgamesmanship and concentrate on the rugby.
    Particularly Warburton. I don’t think all that pre-match Gatlandvajazzle sits well with him. Expecting a massive game from him, and his team tend to respond to when he plays well.
    Not sure what to expect from Ireland. There’s been a fair bit of noise about “more running rugby” and Joe being able to adapt gameplan’s to different teams. IMO, they certainly wouldn’t expect to get as much out of kicking to 1/2p, North and Biggar as they did last time out. And a fit Heaslip and SOB may mean more go forward and clean breaks from the pack carriers, giving the backs the space they’d need to run more moves.
    But Wales defense line is probably even quicker and more effective than England so it makes sense to go over.
    So who know’s what Joe will do? Should be great to find out.

Ireland by a point.
    France by a dozen.
    And Scotland to supply a sweet end to the day by getting a draw and serving up a champiopnship for Ireland. :mrgreen:

DanW
    Free Member

Did I read correctly that Ireland have only lost twice in Cardiff since 1983 😯 Home game for Ireland then!

anagallis_arvensis

Warburton has been quiet this six nations so far. He was better in the autumn. Whole team really needs to step up today. Ireland favourites but Wales have a chance. If they get an early lead and ireland have to chase the game it could be iteresting.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone else see the U20 game last night?

Hovis has yet more competition for the 7 shirt!

Ollie Griffiths, an outstanding game and a name for the future.

anagallis_arvensis

1/2p new go to man for anthem over AW J

anagallis_arvensis

Good start, can they keep it up?

dantsw13

England – take note! Good restart kicks to attack, and chase your bloody kicks, and Ireland are human after all!! Wales good value for the lead so far.

dantsw13

anagallis_arvensis

Hope Samson is ok. Big loss, big loss….

Viewing 40 posts - 2,441 through 2,480 (of 3,879 total)

The topic ‘STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.