Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 3,879 total)
  • STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread
  • tinybits
    Free Member

posted for no other reason than one of my best rugby moments also involved the Aussies!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3cnss1UMO8[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

Why would the defending team drop the maul if the attacking team have been held up?

to get the scrum further up the pitch.

Also any attacking team who have done their homework will be aware of the opposition using this tactic and plan to ruck the ball more and therefore should make the game quicker.

or just getting rid of a rubbish negative tactic like the choke tackle would speed the game up.

My favourite rugby moment of all time 😆

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRp1sYiQQVU[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

quite like this one too
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIUKd4ZumM0[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

Josh Lewsey is welsh!!

wrecker
    Free Member

I saw an interview with rogers. Apparently he’s never fully recovered from that tackle! Said its kills him when he goes surfing and does active stuff.
    Lesley? Welsh? You can have him if we can have George north back!

tinybits
    Free Member

That Phillips try was the one the ref got wrong isn’t it? Used a different ball therefore no fast throw in allowed?
    Same old Welsh, always cheating!

anagallis_arvensis

Same old Welsh, always cheating!

Indeed! I was hardly going to post a clip of Wale losing to australia for the 240 000 time was I!

Apparently rogers had to cut a hole in his surf board for the sticking out bit of rib to go in. Awesome tackle.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

or just getting rid of a rubbish negative tactic like the choke tackle would speed the game up.

Sure get rid of lineouts and flankers as well and you will have a good fast flowing game, oh wait a minute 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Is the Lewsey tackle legal? Arms wrapped etc 😉

[video]http://youtu.be/Ph_qG5NYbUc[/video]

This is the best clip of all time, I remember it so well 😆

anagallis_arvensis

That game was brilliant. The way Jenks just kept chipping away keeping us in touch was amazing.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Even as an Ireland fan that moment stands out for me. I was always a big fan of Gibbs, I fancied myself as a fat centre but alas I never moved from the confines of the front row.

I remember watching that game on a wee 14 inch portable tv in halls at uni and was delighted. A few weeks earlier I was at Lansdowne when Eng humped us so it was the next best thing.

anagallis_arvensis

Dont call Scott fat the PC brigade will get angry.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Crap, too late to edit to big boned. Anyway I was talking about myself not Gibbsy 😉

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Just read the Rhys Thomas piece on BBC. Sobering

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/29622983

anagallis_arvensis

My favourite twitter feed

Superunrealgavinhenson:
    Reality TV idea: ‘Gavnor’s Apprentice’-Big Gav helps junior players like Matt Morgan, Owen Williams & Jamie Roberts achieve their potential.

Gavnor’s Apprentice tasks: displaying sweet rugby skills, ballroom dancing, poetry, taking ill-timed sabbaticals and winning 2 Grand Slams.

anagallis_arvensis

Bath to get Lydiate rather than Fatty Armitage is the rumour on anofher bored.

wrecker
    Free Member

They’re down to 2 back rowers due to injuries and a ban for Houston. That’s it! No mores! Even talk of bananaman playing 8!

Pigface
    Free Member

All Blacks do it again, Wales take note.

pk13

That was 81 mins of raw energy. If you can watch the Australian v’s AB game do. I hope the English backroom staff will.

pk13

Australia coach has just fell on his sword.

Pigface
    Free Member

That has got to hurt

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just back from the Sale – Munster game.
    Fantastic afternoon, really thought we had a famous victory but fair play to a good Munster side to take it at the death.
    Still the best game of the season from Sale, 1 to 15 put in a bloody good shift.

duckman

Bath can get **** Ritchie Mac, won’t do them any good against Glasgow! 😀

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Saints go down to Racing, can Tigers hold up for English clubs tonight?
    Extremely proud of Sale tonight. Was expecting a 50 point kicking.

Sarries won of course

BlindMelon
    Free Member

How poor have Ulster been. Giving it away to Tigers

wrecker
    Free Member

Neither were brilliant, but Leicester looked like the better side to me. 7 point win looked about right.

ourmaninthenorth

Australia coach has just fell on his sword.

Well, after losing a 10 point lead with 11 minutes to go, and the recent (and ongoing)
    Beale/Patston saga and the ensuing character assassinations being dished out, I think he’s made the right decision.

The game was excellent, but there’s plenty for the N Hemisphere teams to go at against both teams.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Tigers totally deserved the win and will be disappointed it wasn’t by more. I’m worried about The number of very basic errors in Ulster’s game. Their passing, decision making and lineouts were just not up to scratch. The sooner we stop dancing to the IRFU’s tune about playing Payne at 13 the better, we were better when Cave came on.

Big improvement needed against Toulon or they will have a cricket score

anagallis_arvensis

More from big gav on twitter

And for those of you asking…no I didn’t take a FLYBE flight to Glasgow. They don’t get Big Gav’s business anymore. Big Gav jogged instead.

In other news of inferior centres, Tuilagi broken again

wrecker
    Free Member

In other news of inferior centres, Tuilagi broken again

Why bother? Honestly, why write such a thing if not to troll? Just cut it out, it adds nothing to the thread.

anagallis_arvensis

Jesus…sense of humour failure or what. If you cannot cope with a bit of fun why bother posting yourself? Its an internet mountain biking message bored with a light hearted thread about rugby where everyone knows and quite rightly pokes fun at my love of the orange one. Maybe its much more serious to you and my trolling of this evil kind should result in one of these new 2 year prison sentences? I’ll go quietly sir theres no need for the handcuffs.

wrecker
    Free Member

Trouble is unlike some of the gav stuff, it’s not really funny and just comes across as an attempt to antagonise. There is little wit in calling a player “inferior”. By all means take the piss.

anagallis_arvensis

If it comes across as an attempted to antagonise give what else was in the post with need to turn up your irony filter a little.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

The sexual tension between you two is strong.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Now ive slept on it I’m gutted about the 1 point loss to Munster – I kept waking up with the sight of that final drop goal running through my mind! 😀

anagallis_arvensis

The sexual tension between you two is strong

I only have eyes for Big Gav.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

True, fair point.

Have you met him? Interesting guy…

tinybits
    Free Member

Tuilagi wasn’t lokking sharp, and he was looking pretty chunky!

Would love home to put a run of games together, suspect back in time for the autumns, then broken until the 6 nations!

anagallis_arvensis

Beeb say three weeks his groin again. Wonder if he was rushed back too soon.

Never met Gav. He does seem a bit “special” though.

anagallis_arvensis

Treviso are shit

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 3,879 total)

The topic ‘STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.