Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 3,879 total)
  • STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread
  • namastebuzz
    Free Member

The question I would ask Cockermouth would be how did leicester fail to beat 14 men?

That one’s easy. Because they’re crap.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Well Sam Burgess made his first start at blindside in the Bath United vs London Irish A tonight.

Set up one try with a burst followed by an offload and scored another himself in a 44-5 win.

In the DT we got BOD’s take on the England centre conundrum:

“I think a really good foil for George Ford would be Eastmond and Manu. I think they could complement each other really well. I also really like Jonathan Joseph, but Eastmond has a nice subtlety. [Luther] Burrell is skilful for a big man, people look at him and think he can’t play because he’s sizey, but he can play plenty. I’d probably have to go with Eastmond.”

He should know.

Kryton57

I think the whole world except one man believes the England first choice centres should be Eastmond, Burrel and Manu with Barrit on the fringes.

anagallis_arvensis

Having three centres might help create the odd overlap.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve said it before, I wouldn’t pick Eastmond at IC with ford at FH.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

True, but then we’d have 16 men on the field – although I think we tried that against Samoa in the 2003 RWC IIRC……….

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Looks like if SL won’t have Cipriani then Toulon will.

(Along with nearly every other decent player available.)

jambalaya
    Free Member

@namaste – source ? That would be interesting and give me dilema, how could I follow a club with Chippy in the side ? 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

Here is something contentious we have been discussing in the office, Ireland did so well in the Autumn internationals because BOD wasn’t there anymore and he and Kidney held the team back 😯

I cant argue against it 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

@namaste – source ? That would be interesting and give me dilema, how could I follow a club with Chippy in the side ?

Reported in the telegraph. With the coaches comments, it seems legit.

ads678

The question that I’d have like to have heard asked of Richard Cockerill was –

“Whilst accepting that Hartley is a complete tw*t, would you like to comment on the actions of your own player who held his face and fell to the ground in the manner of an association footballer?”

Yeah, Yeah, it’s all Mat Smiths fault.

Hartley can’t control himself when it comes to playing Leicester, it’s seems deep rooted in Northampton and comes from the coaches. Luckily for them Leicester are not playing well at the moment so it didn’t cost them this time, but it has done in the past and it will again if the coaches and Hartley don’t calm down a bit. They are a bloody good team at the moment but keep banging on about surpassing Leicesters past achievements, if they want to be good for a long time they need to forget about all that and just get on with winning titles.
    Imagine if, highly unlikely I know but, Leicester manage to get into this years final against Saints and Hartley does something stupid, again, would that be someone elses fault? Will the management stop defending him? Dorian West won’t as he’s as big a tit as Hartley, and should have more respect for Leicester!

Kryton57

anagallis_arvensis – Member

As I’ve said before, Manu would be on the bench for latter impact, starting with Eastmond & Burrel,

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks Telegrapgh – Cipriani

If (as I expect) Chippy doesn’t get selected for RWC squad it would make sense to go an play in France and ideally in a warm weather venue, seems to have helped prolong careers as well and being financially rewarding. Chippy could play another 5 years if he keeps himself fit.

I think Carter will struggle at Racing, he won’t have the support around him. At euro 1.5m I doubt that would fit the budget at Toulon.

Toulon don’t have a faultless transfer record, they signed the Orange one after all 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Shame he hasnt got a brain as the orange one is the most naturally gifted player these islands have ever produced

anagallis_arvensis

As I’ve said before, Manu would be on the bench for latter impact, starting with Eastmond & Burrel,

A fine idea, keep him on the bench.

Kryton57

You can scoff AA, Burrell is a fine player with a habit of scoring, and more skilled than Manu. Id hate to be facing a fresh Manu after 60 minutes on a rugby field tbh.

I suppose the argument does go the other way also. If Manu is on first, he’s really softened the defence for a more skilled by arguably just as large player in Burrell, who can pass either way to keep the tired defense guessing.

Or sub Eastmond. Burrell 12 and Manu 13 is a pretty formidable thought. And if those two started, Eastmond a pretty good runner to come on late. You see? It seems good all round. I wouldn’t be as nervous of Manu as you seem to be he late form seems to show he’s dropped a turn of speed, and is a 60 minute player these days.

But there it dictates no room for Farrell which starts the problem and prevents Lancaster making the right choice.

wrecker
    Free Member

Burgess and slade will be coming through soon, I can’t see eastmond being a long termer in an England shirt.

ads678

Slade does look good, where does he actually play though? i heard the commentator say the other night he’s naturally a 10, but was playing 13, I’d have thought he would be a 12 if he has 10 skills. Although i would like to see Burrel and Tuilagi start for England in the six nations. If Manu can get a few games in before then, he’s mean’t to be close to a come back.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

The problem with Manu seems to be that he’s never fit for very long. You can’t base your plans around one player who may, or may not be there when you need him.

If Cipriani had a couple of good seasons at Toulon – 2017 Lions tour anyone?

wrecker
    Free Member

I think that’s a Leicester problem rather than a Manu problem. They had what 9 or 10 injuries at one point this season?
    That’s not bad luck, it’s bad player management. He should definitely come to bristol 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Cipriani had a couple of good seasons at Toulon – 2017 Lions tour anyone?

He’s not good enough for England why would he be good enough for the Lions? Talking of which I hope Sexton is ok, bit worrying all these bangs to the head.

He should definitely come to bristol

Every other bugger has. How is Evans going? He’s the only welsh qualified middle lineout jumper in existence.

anagallis_arvensis

3 weeks for Hartley #**** joke

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Agreed in full! When Armitage got a massive ban, and Castro took the service revolver option.

Pathetic ban for Hartley, even more so when you consider his record as a punchy, sweary, stampy little shit of a red card magnet.

anagallis_arvensis

The Hensonwitch got how long for his elbow? 10 weeks and 2 days reduced to 8 in the end wasnt it..obviously he never did enough gouging and biting previously. [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ghqF-M91Pw[/video]

wrecker
    Free Member

Evans has been going well, jones been injured a lot. Now, Matthew Morgan now he’s a blinding player!
    We have some corking flankers; Ross rennie steals so much ball, jack lam hurts people and olly Robinson (andys son) is one to watch for the future. We also have a very young homegrown FB; auguy slowik; another to watch.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Indeed. Y Gav got a much bigger ban, and without the history of Hartley. Very, very disappointing, this.

Even the dirty cheating punchy cowardly shit New Zealanders agree about this dirty cheating cowardly shit New Zealander.

anagallis_arvensis

Morgan is just bonkers, he should be a winger though or a 9. He’ll never make it to the top as a 10.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Morgan is just bonkers

As Jiffy said some time ago,

He could sidestep you in a phone box.

wrecker
    Free Member

Morgan would be wasted on the wing. He needs to bulk up, but with modern “techniques” it shouldn’t be too hard.
    He’s an exceptional talent, I hope we do right by him.

anagallis_arvensis

He’d still just be a bulky midget. He was pretty solidly built when at the O’s. He is just too small. I’ve never really seen him run a game from 10 either. He’s torn a few games to shreds but he doesnt control a game.

wrecker
    Free Member

Same height as George ford and Kyle eastmond more or less. How big is Aaron cruden?

Kryton57

We all know the oppo milked it also. Plus we need him for the 6N which I’m sure didn’t influence the decision.

anagallis_arvensis

He’ll cost Englamd big time one day with his twattishness.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Plus we need him for the 6N

Don’t worry. I’m sure that early in the competition he will respond to some perceived slight by stamping, spitting, punching, swearing or elbowing.

wrecker
    Free Member

Plus we need him for the 6N

Stupid thing is, we don’t. Webber is plenty good enough.

jambalaya
    Free Member

3 weeks is a fair ban for that incident. The disciplinary panel got it right.

Chippy isn’t going to get selected for England or Lions.

Pigface
    Free Member

How is it fair? With his previous???

anagallis_arvensis

Unprovoked elbow to the mush? At least St Gav had the excuse of the bloke trying to take him out off the ball. Not his fault his aim is better. After gouging two people in one game I dont think he should be allowed to earn a living as a pro rugby player. Mind you he does play with Clark.

Three weeks would be fair for most other players but his record must be amongst the worst of current players.

wrecker
    Free Member

I wouldn’t call that unprovoked personally.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wun tharrrrsand!

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 3,879 total)

The topic ‘STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.