Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Strava resetting all leader boards
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

Just bagged about 30 2015 KOMs, nice!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Got 4 Koms today, sadly I was doing 60 in my car at the time 🙁

smatkins1
    Free Member

28 2015KOM’s around Swinley today. I feel like a KING!

I like this, I’ll ride extra fast around the Surrey Hills tomorrow. This should remain competitive as the trail conditions ‘hopefully’ improve as we approach summer 🙂

BigSteve
    Free Member

Operating on half a lung (if I’m lucky) today and still managed 3 KOM’s around Cannock.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ha, you lot really THAT bothered about KOM’s ?

Seriously ?

😆

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers munkster.

Still a fair way off the pace on the big climb!

What’s the point of this? You look at someones KOM and they are way down the leaderboard.

Mine still stand btw 😉

Haze

Stopped chasing them 12 months ago, occasionally still have a rip at the odd one though.

I’d happily stop using Strava but have a few old contacts on there that I like to stay in touch with, would be much better if they perhaps enhanced the social side of it rather than creating pointless crap like annual KoM’s. There’s a filter for that after all…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

No, just talking about a feature released on a very large platform

bigjim

Just got some 2015 KOMs, my first non petrol assisted KOMs. Must say it has given me a terrific erection.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I got out with the old man yesterday and it was great that we could immediately see who was quicker on each section

whitestone
    Free Member

While it’s quite flattering at the moment I don’t think that’s why Strava have added this feature. I think it’s more about keeping people competitive. My wife and I went out for a steady ride this afternoon, I got 4 2015KOMs. None are better than my personal best for those segments, a couple are close (< 10 seconds) but one is 50% greater than my PB. One of the KOMs is just 4 seconds slower than my PB, if I knocked 2 seconds off my PB I’m top ten. My wife got 15 2015QOMs but also got two genuine top ten cups. Now at some point I’m going to get the “X has taken your KOM, go get ’em!” emails, so will it make me try harder? … what do you think?

An analogy with the old system would be turning up at the Olympics, winning the 1500 metres and because you didn’t beat the Olympic record you don’t get the gold medal. Listen to the commentary of a televised athletics meeting and you’ll often hear “X has done the fastest time in the world this year”, this is essentially the same. What I haven’t found yet is how to show the top ten for a particular year for a segment but it might need a premium account to see that.

Came across a graph that I hadn’t seen before: View a segment then click the “View full leaderboard” button at the bottom of the fastest times. You get a graph of all your attempts on that segment.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Strava resetting all leader boards’ is closed to new replies.