Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Strava resetting all leader boards
  • wwaswas

So get out and ride if you want a brief moment of kom glory.

belugabob
    Free Member

Where did you read that?
    Not thinking of the annual KOMs, are you?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Where did you find that out from? Ta

simondbarnes

Strava resetting all leader boards

No they’re not

Bregante

Are you confusing 1st Jan with 1st April o.p?

legend
    Free Member

Makes sense, especially for off road where the segment will definitely change over time

njee20
    Free Member

Interesting. I noticed I got a load of ‘fastest of 2014’ PRs the other day, cool new element. Makes a few segments near me achievable as the absolute KOM was set in a race or in a howling tail wind!

TheSanityAssassin

Quick question (from a confirmed luddite): I have always used Endomondo as my app of choice on an iPhone and have never bothered with Strava. However, virtually everybody else that I ride with, or know locally, use Strava and I’ve been umming and ahhing over whether to switch. I’ve just acquired a Garmin 810 and wondered whether I can import the stats from this into both Strava and Endo at the end of each ride? And, crucially, is it easy to do?

njee20
    Free Member

Yes, Strava can import from Garmin Connect automatically, and I imagine Endomondo can too. So if you use auto upload on the Garmin you need never actually do anything. Why would you use both though? Just put all your data into one? Strava being vastly better 😉

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Tapiriik will sync your endomondo/strava/garmin accounts so all your activities will appear in all 3.

peepingtom
    Free Member

Why not just use strava ? , endomondo has nothing going for it , but transfer all your endomondo rides over to strava .

njee20
    Free Member

Tapiriik will sync your endomondo/strava/garmin accounts so all your activities will appear in all 3.

Garmin/Strava does it itself now, no need to use a third party app.

TheSanityAssassin

I’m familiar with Endo and enjoy the monthly challenges etc that we do through mlehworld.
    This year I intend to race more and I think Strava may be more useful whilst in the saddle. Also, I’d like to see whereabouts I rank amongst my peers in the local hierarchy, given that they’re all on Strava and I’m not.
    Basically, if it’s simple to do both then why not? My iPhone battery will no doubt breathe a sigh of relief too!

scotroutes

Jonny – just upload to Garmin Connect and it can send the data to both Strava and Endomondo. You may have to edit Ride Type though Strava lets you choose a default.

Or, put forward a proposal for a mleh group on Strava.

Oh and Endomondo is still better for multi-sports. Strava is too cycling/running based

TheSanityAssassin

Cheers Onion. And njee! No doubt I’ll be back on before long asking how to actually turn on the Garmin… 🙂

trout
    Free Member

Yah hay out this morning with the dog and we got a KOM with 26 mins on a segment but cant see it lasting long

Dibbs
    Free Member

24 KOM’s in one ride, (one per mile). 😆
    I wonder how many will still stand at the end of the day.
    http://app.strava.com/activities/235213409

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I asked ’em if they’d consider giving PR’s to premium PM users, this would then give a nice indication that you’d really gona as hard as you can in segments and get rid of the wind variable, denied 🙁

gavstorie
    Free Member

From reading various posts about the yearly koms.. It looks like the roadies are up in arms about it… I think its a good idea for mtb though… Trails evolve over time and can get faster or slower

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

A good thing seeing how so many KOM’s are done withe the help of EPO or on motorised transport. I bet the real reason it’s been done is the administration of dealing with queried KOM’s was getting too much

IanMunro
    Free Member

5 Course records on a 6 mile recovery jog today 🙂

br
    Free Member

Loads of Inners KOM’s this morning – now awaiting all the ‘you’ve lost your KOM emails’…

legend
    Free Member

a trip to Caberston today would definitely be worth it……. wonder if anyone’s managed to hit all the trails in one day?

molgrips
    Free Member

I sometimes need to use Endomondo when my GPS is flat and I do not have Strava on my Windows Phone. That website that is meant to sync them did not work for me.. Does Strava now sync from Endomondo natively now?

scaredypants

if anyone was ded clever at computers an’ that, they could x-ref times with the historic wind data for the area and “normalise” performances

( 😆 )

allthepies
    Free Member

Me neither, just sat there spinning away “queuing..”

thepurist

So they’re basically just letting you have a quick access to the ‘This year’ filter on segment results. Must’ve taken minutes of coding to get that sorted! I think it would’ve made more sense if they’d introduced a rolling window for PRs & KOMs as it’s now going to take a while for results to settle back down.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

might turn notifications off for a while,

more useful for offroad surely, the ever evolving nature of some tracks,

like trail centres, ive got a 5th round sherwood pines, the 4 above me, 1 is from 4 months before mine, the other 3 are from early 2013 and mid 2012, certain to be different elements of the track in that time

br
    Free Member

a trip to Caberston today would definitely be worth it……. wonder if anyone’s managed to hit all the trails in one day?

There aren’t that many, only maybe 20 miles in all (with most riding back up) but +5000 ft of climbing needed.

But not today, as pouring down and high winds – Minch Moor was ‘interesting’ 🙂

Jase
    Free Member

Don’t think there are emails if you lose a ‘this year’ KOM.

Haze

I don’t like change!

chakaping
    Free Member

Great idea – the yearly PRs will be good for tracking improvement in fitness.

Shame you can’t see the 2015 leaderboard on segments. Came in with five KOMs on my quick local road loop in the pissing rain – but I want to know how close I was to the rest!

munkster
    Free Member

Shame you can’t see the 2015 leaderboard on segments.

Go to “View full leaderboard” then select the appropriate option from the drop down where it says “All-time” by default…

Haze

What was wrong with the PB way?

46 KoM’s this morning, can we turn them off?

mtbel
    Free Member

you didn’t get 46 KOMs. you got 46 2015KOMs. if you’re that bothered, don’t ride again until Oct 😉

Haze

you didn’t get 46 KOMs. you got 46 2015KOMs

It devalues the real KoM’s 😉

mtbel
    Free Member

lol. Devalue them properly by dispatching “that” Email to the former KOM 😉

Might give mediocre riders who get out in Jan-March a nice sense of achievement while the actual fast boys sit on their turbos and do long steady miles.

There’s a 60mph SSW here today. a couple of proper local KOMs could be taken fairly easily if I CBA getting out of bed.

TinMan
    Free Member

Isn’t off-road so weather and conditions dependant that the same track week to week isn’t comparable, so an the total or annual kom contest is far more about if someone reasonably fast go to the track on the right day?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Sometimes i go out segment hunting and looking for KOMs but most of the time i use strava just to monitor how im doing over the course of a ride and see if losing a bit of weight is improving my times up certain climbs. So getting the occassional PB felt like an achievement. On the other hand i was out for 15 miles today and got 38 2015 KOM, solely because i was the only person to ride the segments so far. I even got one when i stopped to fix a puncture!

There was already a problem with overlapping segments but this had made things even more untidy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Strava resetting all leader boards’ is closed to new replies.