Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Wiggle Purbecks Hill-a-Saurus
  • gringo

Hi

Is anyone riding this this year? I’ve signed up for the epic with a mate and am really looking forward to it.

I’ll be the guy on the orange Cove Handjob 😀

Glenn

gringo

Bump for the Sunday crowd

wallop

Me!

benson75
    Free Member

Think I might enter this, what’s the chance of getting a space if I don’t book in advance and just turn up on the day?
    I won’t know if I have to work until a couple of days before.

peanut
    Free Member

I’ll be there too. It was fantastic last year. I’ll be on a Jones ss, come say hi. 🙂

gringo

Good to see a few others joining in.

Peanut, I’ve never ridden over that way before, does it get muddy or does it drain ok? Wondering about tyre choice etc

gringo

Benson, I recall seeing somewhere that it had sold out but not sure if they have places available on the day

benson75
    Free Member

Took a chance and entered anyway. The longer ride was full already so 22 miles it is for me.

Conditions are pretty good at the moment but with 3 weeks to go a lot of rain could change that quickly, could then be muddy through Rempstone heath especially if you’re one of the later starters. I will be using Spesh ground control tyres.

gringo

Great you got a place. Cheers for the info! Really looking forward to it, it’s my first proper mountain bike event

peanut
    Free Member

gringo – you picked a great event for your first one. The whole area is fantastic. Hillariously muddy through the golf course last year… came a cropper and ended up in the gorse bushes 🙂

camerauk
    Free Member

I have entered again 🙂 this will be my 3rd year running its a great route
    some steep climbs but the views are fantastic
    Like others have said going through the golf course area it can get very muddy but on a whole its not to bad

gringo

Did anyone else buy their ticket via Wiggle? I received a confirmation email but should I be expecting anything else?

gringo

An absolutely brilliant day, well organised and 26 hilly miles. It was a bit of a mud bath and pretty slippery in places but i’m sat down in Swanage now with a pint of cider and still smiling. I didnt beat my target time of 3h30mins but wasn’t far off of it, rolling in at 3h41mins which I am pleased with given the conditions. How did you all do?

Glenn

walla24
    Free Member

that was awesome 😀
    Best bit was the gate in the middle of the flooded river…haha

gringo

What was your time walla? Did you do the standard or the epic route?

That gate was amusing…i unfortunately had to put a foot down

benson75
    Free Member

Great day, very lucky with the weather.

I had an over the bar moment on a descent through the heath after trying to avoid another rider who fell, got a nice big lump on my knee now!

The gate bit was great, a guy ahead of me mistimed it and fell in slow motion sideways he got completely drenched. I Did have to put a foot down myself too.

I completed the standard 22 mile route in 2h50mins.

dezza53
    Free Member

Challenging but all doable I would say, log jam on first climb and also golf course section but glad I did the event. Fab weather and stunning scenery. Well organised as usual by UKCE.
    As a matter of interest, what tyres did you have on your bikes ?

gringo

I had a 2.35 Specialized Purgatory on the front and a 2.1 high roller on the back. Didn’t rate the Purgatory on the front, felt draggy on the road sections and wasn’t brilliant in the mud.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle Purbecks Hill-a-Saurus’ is closed to new replies.