Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 238 total)
  • Stolen (?) Jones Spaceframe & Truss Fork
  • bearnecessities

Potentially, an excellent start to the weekend being revealed here.

Fingers crossed..

ratherbeintobago

Oh btw … do you have Albanian friends?

Tell them the girl is there to be “Taken”.

What the actual f*** does that mean?

Jamie
    Free Member

What. The. Actual. ****. does that mean?

It’s best not to apply logic to his statements.

user-removed
    Free Member

Well that escalated quickly 😮

vorlich
    Free Member

Brilliant. 4 years on and great to see, especially after the naysayers urging you to move on in the original thread.

Houns

ratherbeintobago

Well, no, but suggesting that we should arrange to get Albanian gangsters to kidnap the (probably oblivious) girl who dropped the bike off seems completely beyond the pale.

bearnecessities

Well, no, but suggesting that we should arrange to get Albanian gangsters to kidnap the (probably oblivious) girl who dropped the bike off seems completely beyond the pale.

I’m offended by the amount of offended posts here!

I’ve dropped a line to one of STW’s crimefighters to see if they’re available to support.

chewkw
    Free Member

ratherbeintobago – Member
    What the actual f*** does that mean?

Have you watched the movie ‘Taken’? Ya, that’s the kind of punishment you want … 😆

Jamie – Freeloader! But we still like him

You are slooowwww … 😀

bearnecessities – Member
    I’m offended by the amount of offended posts here!

I’ve dropped a line to one of STW’s crimefighters to see if they’re available to support.

Jesus Son of Mary! FFS! Do you have to be offended? It’s Friday evening you know. Nobody get offended on Friday and Saturday because that’s off day for being offended. 😈

I am happy that the bike is found! 🙄

butcher

Butcher, still miffed?

Well, if that’s the mystery solved already, I stand corrected! 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Back when I used to run a shop in London, we quarantined many bikes in similar circumstances, and then rang the local constabulary who were most helpful in reuniting stolen bikes with rightful owners. Here’s hoping that this turns out that way too!

nach
    Free Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBCq8XDgrP0

(Well done OP and Richpips!)

Jamie
    Free Member

Back when I used to run a shop in London, we quarantined many bikes in similar circumstances, and then rang the local constabulary who were most helpful in reuniting stolen bikes with rightful owners. Here’s hoping that this turns out that way too!

Plot twist: CFH’s shop was a florists. He was a rogue agent operating outside of his jurisdiction.

allthepies
    Free Member

reeeeesult!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Jesus. 4 years ago…

I can only imagine the kind of joy chainline is feeling right now at the prospect of potentially getting his bike back because regardless of how beardey it is, its a bike thats obviously been put together with a lot of love, attention and money. And some lowlife scum thought it was theirs to nick.

I’d be interested to hear if the cops speak to this ‘friend’ who lent her the bike (ideally with a warrant to search their house).

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m genuinely surprised this is still in the country/being used as a runabout by someone. As per the original thread, I would have thought a bike like this would have been nicked to order, and not just taken by an opportunist.

…unless, ironically, it has since been stolen from the original thieves.

chewkw
    Free Member

How far is the location from the real owner to this bike shop? I want to know how far this bike has traveled or stolen from.

Houns

Hinckley > Mankychester

allthepies
    Free Member

102 miles by road.

chambord
    Free Member

Wheelied the whole way

pedalphile
    Free Member

Happy to say that I’ve spoken to Chainline….and we’re both 99.9% sure this is his bicycle! The police are involved, so here’s to what should be a happy ending to this story!

CHB

Really good to see this! Doubt anyone can find my Orange Vitamin t2 stolen in 2002 though!
    Well done OP.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

pedalphile – is the bike still in the shop to be fixed? They’ve not taken it away again or anything?

If so, happy days!

Houns

chewkw
    Free Member

allthepies – Member

102 miles by road.

Thank you.

I bet it was sold several times during this 4 years because this bike is simply too hot to keep for long without being noticed … even across the world.

pedalphile
    Free Member

[/quote] DaveyBoyWonder – Member

pedalphile – is the bike still in the shop to be fixed? They’ve not taken it away again or anything?

If so, happy days!

It’s still in the shop, for the puncture repair. Trust me it will not be leaving the store except for with the police or Chainline! We’ve had this before. We’ll just tell ’em we haven’t fixed it yet and to come back in 20min…..which is when the police will arrive!!

biff

Result (and outed some pathetic idiots along the way)

PiknMix
    Free Member

Superb work 🙂

peteimpreza

Result!

Doffs cap to pedalphile!!

sv

Nice work guys!

allthepies
    Free Member

+ richpips

Chainline
    Free Member

Amazing. I have spoken to police. Can’t remember where the frame number is!! Singles predate or another early Hones owner so it can be checked in the shop.got to try and find the original receipts and emails. Chase down original crime ref if possible.. No doubt it’s mine tho. That one was a labour of love, hours spent on the phone to Jeff….just can’t believe it tbh!
    If/when I get it back I owe some peeps some beers…

Duffer
    Free Member

Chainline, did you claim on insurance at the time?

chewkw
    Free Member

Duffer – Member

Chainline, did you claim on insurance at the time?

Please don’t ask that bureaucratic question … 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

If/when I get it back I owe some peeps some beers…

I was nothing to do with it, but i’ll have a Guinness.

Chainline
    Free Member

If it’s not the girls fault and it works out, might have to sort the girl some kinda wheels..

And, Diuffer, don’t bring up that bureaucratic question…I agree…

Duffer
    Free Member

Well i suspect the five-0 will ask much the same question…

Hope it works out ok and you get to enjoy your Jones!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well i suspect the five-0 will ask much the same question…

U iz like well street, innit blud. Fam be calling dem da fedz now, tho yagetmeya?

Five-o? FFS…you’ll have a jafaican accent before you know it.

😉

allthepies
    Free Member

😆

hora
    Free Member

If you claimed on insurance and it has been through a few owners all you are doing is bringing misery to an innocent owner.

Plus why did you leave ‘a labour of love’ /thousands of pounds in a garage?

Flame me but I dont ‘get’ spending lots on bikes then effectively leaving them outside.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 238 total)

The topic ‘Stolen (?) Jones Spaceframe & Truss Fork’ is closed to new replies.