Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • STOLEN – Gosport
  • hammyuk
    Free Member

My Kona was taken from the garage last night.
    Custom powdercoat in orange.
    14/15″ frame size.
    Has the black Weinman wheels on with slicks and Slime inners with green caps. Slicks don’t match, one is a Halfords.
    Brand new SLX crank, SLX shifters with no windows, SLX front and dark grey LX rear deraileurs. HG50 cassette with less than 20 miles.
    Shimano pedals – cleat and flat.
    Diamondback stem/bars/post.
    Garmin mount on the top of the stem with sticky pad and cableties.
    Odi lock on grips.
    Marzocchi Air forks with neoprene slider protectors and Bomber stickers. Light scratch across the top of the forks, front to back through the writing. Steerer is about 5mm too short inside of the stem.
    Headset is brand new with the neoprene protector on the bottom race.
    Top tube has been drilled out on left to take hose instead of cable.
    Avid Juicy 7’s with Promach discs and A2z skewers.
    Crudcatchers front and behind the front deraileur.
    Lizardskin on the chainstay.
    Topeak Wedge tool bag and rear fender.
    Almost new seat, white but can’t remember make right now.

Easily identifiable as one of the frame threads for the rack mount has an Allen bolt seized in it and it spins if you try to remove it.

Also taken was a set of almost new Mavic Crossmax, hope hubs, flat spokes, etc.
    I wil get pics up first thing when back on the PC.

chojin
    Free Member

That sucks 🙁

I’m often driving about that way, will keep my eyes open for you.

genghispod
    Free Member

Sorry I thought someone had stolen Gosport; I was wondering why?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Back to the top for the morning rush….

hammyuk
    Free Member

Only difference to photo is the lizardkins on the4 forks and chainstay and the Crudcatchers on the forks and behind the front derailuer.

relliott6879
    Free Member

Probably the same unmentionable scum that nicked mine last November, you’re only down the road from me.

Mine’s never turned up, I hope yours does though. I’ve put email alerts on Gumtree and eBay for things like ‘Kona’, ‘Bike’, ‘Fox’, ‘Hope’ and so on, you never know your luck.

For what it’s worth, there’s a secondhand bike shop in Pompey (Southsea) that could be worth checking out. I wouldn’t do what I did and ring them though, I’ve since heard from several different people that they are known to be a trifle ‘dodgy’. If they had taken my bike in off the lowlife that nicked it, my ringing probably just alerted them to get rid elsewhere. You’re far better off popping in for a ‘browse’.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I think I know just the “one” – cheers for that, I will be popping in…

It’s the third “high value” theft of just MTB/kit in the last few days. Someone else lost £9k in one hit!

hammyuk
    Free Member

And Bump..

hammyuk
    Free Member

And again – been another 2 thefts within half a mile of where we are in the last few days!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN – Gosport’ is closed to new replies.