Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Stolen Chumbas!!
  • si-wilson
    Free Member

Woken up this morning and found my shed where i keep my own bikes and assorted stuff nicked!

They have taken the below stuff, so if anyone is offered a Chumba VF2 or a Brodie Ti Holeshot please let me know.

To say i am pissed off is an understatement, you work hard and some scrote helps themselves to your spoils!

Stuff taken

1 VF2 full bike, medium Ano black with white Fox Float Qr15 forks, Hope wheels, full XT, Thomson stem and seat post, Hope Tech X@ brakes

1 VF2 full bike, small Ano black same as above but with SLX.

1 Vf2 full bike, Fox Talas, full SLX, Hope wheels, thomson kit

Ti Holeshot bike, 18″ with Fox Vans, full SLX, Hope wheels Thomson kit

Thanks in advance for any help

brant
    Free Member

Gutted for you, having suffered ourselves recently.

Post pics and let’s circulate.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Good idea about pic’s, not thinking straight! I will post photo’s later when i get chance.

Thanks for the concern Brant.

rOcKeTdOg

ah crap, what area are you in Si?

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

These thieves seem to be hitting loads of people recently! Sorry to hear that…

si-wilson
    Free Member

I am in Chesterfield, Derbyshire.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Sorry to hear that. There can´t be that many 18″ Holeshots about though so fingers crossed for getting it back.

wors

Gutted for you. 🙁

jedi

i’ll keep an eye open down here

gog
    Free Member

Feel for you, hope you recover the goods

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Thats spank mate… 😥

MrNutt
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out round this neck of the woods, seems to be an awful lot of bike thefts at the moment, where the hell are they all going?!?

hora
    Free Member

Will keep alookout. The ‘good’ thing is is they are relatively niche and will stand out like a sore thumb.

Arseholes though. **** arseholes.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

si – contact peak bikes down on chatsworth rd – see if they will bob it on their facebook page

hora
    Free Member

Oops, apologises for the swearwords mods.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Good luck finding the bikes! It sucks big time, you guys (not just Si) work so hard and some caralho buceta nicks that.
    Can we finally start dishing justice out to the scum instead of being polite?

JonR
    Free Member

Where do all of these bikes go? Is there a huge gang of little chavs who storm round the hills covertly hoping none of us notice that they are on our bikes? Hope you get them back Si.

si-wilson
    Free Member

I will be driving around all the LBS and letting them know. Thanks for all the kind words and support.

ruminant
    Free Member

Properly gutted for you buddy will let people know to keep there eyes pealed

coogan
    Free Member

Sorry si, it was me, you keep posting pic’s of ’em and I ain’t got no money!

I jest. Hope you get ’em back fella.

lesinge
    Free Member

Gutted, thieving scroats – know how it feels!! Will keep an eye out in Lincoln area

SigmaF
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that Si……hopefully you’ll get sorted either way…

I think us around the Sheff/Peaks area seem to be a bit of a hotspot……we’ve been doing nights (admin) since we opened and almost everynight there are people doing drive-bys in battered old flatbed trucks at all times of the early morning….the other morning a truck was primed for a ram raid at 3am with spotlights blaring in and facing our front window……until they saw one of us walking out of the back office to the shop coffee machine!!

We have a list of registration plates, some seem to be know, others not so…….let me know if we can help with any info….

Not sure what to do really…..other then shoot the buggers next time they drive by!!

Having to live your life around scum bags…….

All the best chap

Scott

thebiketree

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

If it were me I would wonder how they knew about my bikes. IMHO these thefts are to specific to be random. Can you identify how they would have known about the bikes?

si-wilson
    Free Member

It could have been any number of types of people. The bikes were mainly my own bikes in my own shed, not my normal stock storage.

It could have been that someone has seen me riding my bike home, someone who has enquired about a frame then seen where i live (registered address on the website) and put two and two together.

They were certainly after the bikes and knew what they were doing, must have been a massive set of croppers to get through the padlocks i have/had.

face-plant
    Free Member

look on ebay, gum tree and the like, you be surprised how daft some of these arse hole’s are, a mate got his DH bike nicked turned up the next day on ebay. the plods woke the seller up at three in the morning got the bike back and found a load of other bike’s, drug, and various other shit as well
    good luck getting ur bikes back and capitol punishment to all bike thieves.

jedi

i have informed my area

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Feel for you. Many years ago we had 2 motorbikes nicked from the shop … we’d just finished building one for a magazine. Gutted doesn’t do it justice.

However, I did in the end find the bikes and somehow the culprit spent the night in a river with his wrists cable tied to his ankles … can’t think how that happened.

Fingers crossed you’ll see ’em all again.

face-plant
    Free Member

[However, I did in the end find the bikes and somehow the culprit spent the night in a river with his wrists cable tied to his ankles … can’t think how that happened]
    sounds fair enough to me
    😛

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Good chance they will come up on ebay. The amount of people who have told me there nicked bike has turned up on there is unreal. Its the only real good outlet for them to shift such quality stuff and make it worth while nicking stuff. I doubt they will be selling one of the above bikes for 100 quid etc. So the bay is a good bet for one of them turning up on there. Can take months thogh as it seem they think you forget about it after that time.

big_scot_nanny

Sh1te, sorry about that si. Proper nightmare. Hope you get it back, and almost as importantly that the thieving scumbags get what they deserve.

Kev

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Si – can see where the security leak may have occurred with registration the bikes and address. Its the sort of connection they are looking for. Its not by chance. Like you said they came prepared and clearly knew what they were doing.

Sorry, hope you get them back.

scotbike
    Free Member

Si – sounds like they really knew what they were doing – not sure you’ve got much chance against someone that organised, but what are you going to do apart from become completely paranoid? Problem is you have to think like a thieving scumbag to defeat a thieving scumbag, and that’s no fun.

Anyway I hope it’s not getting you down too much. All the best.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Also google “bike” or Mountain bike” into these search sites just incase

Hairychested
    Free Member

Not sure what to do really…..other then shoot the buggers next time they drive by!!
    Fixed it for you.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

A horrible feeling I never want again. I hope you get them back.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

what a bummer really feel for you Si – lets hope you get your steeds back fast and the scum get their comupance!!

coogan
    Free Member

It’s bad enough he got them nicked, but to called them ‘steeds’ is rubbing salt in the wound…

Murray

Sorry to read about this Si. I hope your bikes turn up. BTW, I’ve finished building up my Holeshot Ti and I love it!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Chumbas!!’ is closed to new replies.