• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Stolen Bristol
  • TheDTs
    Free Member

I went to charge my batteries in the garage this morning, as I was going for a ride this evening, to find the door wide open and my two bikes gone.

My 07 Marin Rift Zone 16″ with Ergon grips, hope BB and Headset, XT rear mech and SLX chainset, also has exposure light mount.

On-one 456 light blue 16″ with Easton bar, stem and seatpost. old fox float R forks, avid juicy 5 brakes front and rear and an exposure enduro on the front.

Both stolen from Stoke Bishop, Bristol.
    Any news email me or call crime stoppers 0800 555111
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/69657831@N05/6334366908/in/photostream
    P1000593

MrAgreeable

Bump, and now on the blog at http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com

Also, I think this is a possible contender for the cutest bike theft report picture ever.

allthepies
    Free Member

Sorry for the loss. That’s a nice advert to any passing scrotes that you own a decent bike however.

blooddonor
    Free Member

Shit Bristol been stolen?

pottsathome
    Free Member

Is it me or is Bristol the capital of stolen bikes it seems every scumbag down your way must have a new big with the amount stolen

SOAP
    Free Member

Gutted but I would recomend the back garden go matainence next time.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

pottsathome – Member
    Is it me or is Bristol the capital of stolen bikes it seems every scumbag down your way must have a new big with the amount stolen

Lots of good trails within an easy ride of the city centre + fairly affluent city + thriving cycling scene = a depressing amount of bike thefts. I doubt in % of bikes owned it’s much worse than comparable cities.

boxfish
    Free Member

Eyes peeled in BS7.

I feel your pain – my bike was taken last week. The thieves ignored the up-an-over garage door and instead ripped the side door (multi-point locking, steel reinforced) off it’s hinges. Apparently, they didn’t have the tools to attack the chain/ground anchor and so sawed through my bike’s frame.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Yep, you are right but it’s a quiet cul-de-sac and we are at the end, I just got complacent. Place is like Fort Knoxx now.
    Boxfish, I can’t believe they cut through the frame. They are the sum o the earth.
    Mr Agreeable, thanks for your contribution to the Bristol MTB scene.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Just thought that I would let the Bristol contingent know that the thieving scumbags tried to get into the garage again last night. Not sure what they wanted, as they stole everything of value the night before.

monkeyboyjc

will keep an eye out in BS16 and BS8

KINGTUT
    Free Member

From my experience they will now come back time and time again i’m afraid, 7 attempts at my old place before I moved and they never got away with a thing, the word has got round that you have nice things to steal.

Take a drive around Sea Mills, Shire and Lawrence Weston also look out for the dodgy shop in shire selling sh bikes, opposite the petrol station.

I work in Avonmouth and will keep an eye out.

SOAP
    Free Member

How much is a CCTV set up?

jedi

get the cost of the bike in the local paper asap. it will stop it being sold for a bag of weed.
    appeal to greed

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Bristol’ is closed to new replies.