Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Steak and Chips – Sauce recipes please…
  • Torminalis
    Free Member

Am planning on starting cooking in about 10 mins, have most of the usual kitchen supplies, rapid suggestions would be most appreciated. Otherwise I am winging it. Cheers!

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

crème fraîche, wholegrain mustard and white wine. Usually use parsley and onion too!

huws
    Free Member

crushed garlic + butter.

Torminalis
    Free Member

I think the crème fraiche based option sounds goooood.

robdob
    Free Member

Salt and vinegar for the chips at most.
    Real men don’t put sauce on a steak, you big jessie.

geoffj

robdob +1

Torminalis
    Free Member

🙁

I am having mine rare.

luked2
    Free Member

Home made mayonnaise.

Probably a bit late now; takes around 5 minutes to prepare.

Oil, mustard powder, egg yolk, salt, pepper, vinegar, garlic. Delicious in a way that bought mayo never is. See Delia for details.

(Don’t try to use olive oil, never works for me).

robdob
    Free Member

Do you need to wear a skirt and lipstick to make that sauce?
    Grow a pair and enjoy it as it is!! 😉

I loooooooove the taste of meat. Love love love.

I am trying to start a campaign to make a mandatory 4th condiment on all dinner tables. We already have salt, peppe and vinegar. I propose bacon bits, which can be spread on any meal and improve it.

So I suppose in this case you could wrap the steak in bacon. Mmmmmmmmm meat wrap mmmmmmmmmmm……..

tinribz
    Free Member

I am having mine rare.

Right let’s talk about this too. Thousands of years of evolution has programmed our tongues to relish well cooked parasitic worm free meat. How and who made undercooked tasteless and unhealthy food fashionable? The French!?

Nothing wrong with a good strong pepper sauce either.

Drac

No sauce for steak, if you need for sauce for your steak find a better butcher.

Thousands of years of evolution has programmed our tongues to relish well cooked parasitic worm free meat. How and who made undercooked tasteless and unhealthy food fashionable?

I doubt our tongues have changed much in thousands of years, it’s all down preference, you like to burn the taste and flavour out of your steak. Others like to taste the meat juices.

tinribz
    Free Member

I doubt our tongues have changed much in thousands of years, it’s all down preference, you like to burn the taste and flavour out of your steak.

In the context that Western Europeans developed lactose tolerance in under 5 thousand years since the agricultural revolution, I think that in the last quarter of a million years or so developing a taste preference for barbequed mammoth steaks which are more digestible and parasite free is a no brainer. Why do you think we have a sense of taste?

Anyone preferring ‘the meat juices’ should have been bred out a long time ago. It has to be a conscious pretence preference.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No sauce, just blood. MTFU!

bruk

Nick Nairn’s whisky sauce

Coat steaks in Dijon mustard, cover in the cracked pepper corns, (no dust too peppery), season with salt, Give steaks couple minutes on high heat to seal, (don’t move them or peppercorn crust will fall off).

Add Butter and baste steaks, the remove to baking tray to rest. Add 50mls whisky and high heat for 1 min. Add some stock (4 tablespoons), and 4 tablespoons double cream, heat to boil, pour over steaks and serve with big chips.

djglover
    Free Member

English Mustard

That is all

donsimon
    Free Member

In the context that Western Europeans developed lactose tolerance in under 5 thousand years since the agricultural revolution

😥 apparently some of us are still evolving then. 😥

+1 for blood and MTFU

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Just Blood and Mustard

tinribz
    Free Member

apparently some of us are still evolving then.

You mean aren’t. And it’s not blood anyway it’s myoglobin.

saleem
    Free Member

If your steak has been rested for long enough there will not be any blood, so MTFU on the cooking side.

crikey
    Free Member

Stop messing about and get your tea eaten.

donsimon
    Free Member

What did you do? And how was it?

brakes
    Free Member

I don’t have steak and sauce often, but shallots, mushrooms, cream and Caol Ila single malt whisky is a killer

Drac

In the context that Western Europeans developed lactose tolerance in under 5 thousand years since the agricultural revolution

So you agree then as what you said there is a load of shit.

theotherjonv

cubed stilton in the pan with the meat juice while the steak is resting after cooking. Then a teeny bit of cream, or even milk if you haven’t got it, allow it to bubble and reduce down and turn brown with the juices.

Nomnomnom.

tinribz
    Free Member

So you agree then as what you said there is a load of shit.

Yes, can’t argue with that logic, you win.

Torminalis
    Free Member

What did you do? And how was it?

I eventually went for a horseradish and creme fraiche style sauce with a smidge of tabasco and squirt of lee and perrins. Worked okay but my season of sauce making shall continue.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The chef I used to work with made stilton sauce for steaks he cooked.

Pretty sure it was just double cream heated (not boiled) in a pan with some stilton crumbled in. Piss easy and tasted well good.

supinerider
    Free Member

Blue – the steak is lightly seared in the pan

Rare – the steak is mostly pink on the inside

Medium Rare – the steak is slightly pink on the inside

Well Done – Well done! You just ruined a perfectly good piece of meat.

From a menu in a Berlin restaurant (forgotten the name).

U31
    Free Member

Agrees here, with Stilton Sauce being the Bomb for rare or blue steak…

toys19
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member

The chef I used to work with made stilton sauce for steaks he cooked.

Pretty sure it was just double cream heated (not boiled) in a pan with some stilton crumbled in. Piss easy and tasted well good.

I do this, but start with a bit of melted butter, then heat the cream add stilton, for the best add roquefort, but any good blue cheese will do, done it with dolcelatte before which was very good. A bit of black pepper on a nice rare bit of fillet happy days.

robdob
    Free Member

In the context that Western Europeans developed lactose tolerance in under 5 thousand years since the agricultural revolution, I think that in the last quarter of a million years or so developing a taste preference for barbequed mammoth steaks which are more digestible and parasite free is a no brainer. Why do you think we have a sense of taste?
    Anyone preferring ‘the meat juices’ should have been bred out a long time ago. It has ………..(SNIP)

Sorry, all I heard was BLAH BLAH BLAH I’M A HIPPY BLAH 😉

Rubber_Buccaneer

Give me a little more notice next time and I will send you a bottle of Monkey Gland sauce. Bought it as a present but the ungrateful recipients turned their noses up, can’t think why.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Steak and Chips – Sauce recipes please…’ is closed to new replies.