• This topic has 119 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 120 total)
  • SSUK 2013 – was awesomnez, a huge Thank You.
  • Cheezpleez

Do you think we should do it again?

Definitely. What about next weekend?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Do you think we should do it again?

Most deffo… What about late Autumn, be beautiful down there then…

MrAgreeable

Well done Charlie. That was a masterclass in how to manage expectations, with a bloody good ride, some hilarious poetry and the world’s shonkiest prizegiving thrown in. It was our first time riding in the Purbecks and we’d love to visit again.

Particularly liked the collision of worlds at Corfe Castle with the Dungeons and Dragons types. You could see both groups thinking “‘Ere mate, they’re dressed funny”.

Duffer
    Free Member

I also never thought I’d see the day when I’d see more Jones hybrids than on one’s.

On-One is the niche, connoisseur’s choice these days.

Del

ssuk was probably one of the best weekends i’ve had in a long time. good company and a wonderful, mellow, atmosphere. naturally the weather helped a lot.
    i’m certain that vodka is not trucker’s cider. 😉
    cheers and thanks charlie. good job.

GDRS

Nice one Charlie.

I had a good time. My wife had a good time. Chip, my 8 week old had great time. My Brother in law (first time one a singly) had a good time – and thanks for lending him a helmet! His wife had a good time – and so did their one year old daughter.

All good.

Del – I still owe you a pint……

G

Ringo
    Free Member

Looks like a great weekend, gutted I wasn’t there, bloody work

Keef
    Free Member

Ringo – Member
    Looks like a great weekend, gutted I wasn’t there, bloody work

nah,you wouldn’t of liked it,endless cider,fantastic company,food,and riding,you’d of missed work too much 😉

slugwash
    Free Member

Yep, a cracking excursion the only downer being that I remained in a state of near sobriety for the weekend and that most of my photos were crap as I had some sticky gunk on the lens that I didn’t notice until I got home.

Here’s a couple that didn’t come off too badly…

Nice to meet Oxymoron & the Quantock crew as well as lots of others whose forum names I don’t know.

Thanks to Charlie & the crew for organising it and special thanks to Mr & Mrs MTQG for folding up my tent for me when I was meant to be the one showing them how it’s done…..

tazzymtb

Ringo, as a ginge you would have got burned to a crisp in the endless sunshine….your dog would have liked it though 😀

nedrapier

What a cracker! Weather, campsite, pig and egg van, fire, trails, people, booze, pubs… all absolutely bloody brilliant.

Thanks Charlie, thanks everyone!

Some photos. Bit of an odd mix, cos I forgot the memory card and I was juggling with the small built in memory.

Definitely not rubbish!

Cheezpleez

Nice pics! I want to do it again

Cheezpleez

Oh, and Oxym0ron, was it you that pushed me over trying to flee the turning Mini? Just want to be sure before I instruct my solicitor. 😉

stoat

slug wash- handsome chap in that first photo there 😉

takisawa2

Brilliant pic nedrapier.
    So good needs posting again… 😉

modiesto
    Free Member

ssuk was awsome! just so everyone knows charlie sent us up all the worst hills!

nedrapier

I heard he did! Someone was particularly upset about us going uphill through the onoins.

ajantom

I was getting singlespeed Krampus envy all weekend, so I’ve just converted mine using the prototype Middleburn oval ring courtesy of Taz 😀

nedrapier

ahh! cheers takisawa. The eagle-eyed amongst you will spot what’s wrong in that picture…

cardo

Cheers all for a great weekend from us all at MTBBerkhmasted..well done Charlie for organising it and introducing us to the lovely surroundings and pubs of the Isle of Purbeck..

charliedontsurf

A really great video from the weekend.

Witness the bendy wheel, wonder at the slow long bastard climbs, be dazzled by crashes and daring deeds… And pub stops.

[video]http://vimeo.com/65654477[/video]

reynolds853
    Free Member

Hats off to Charlie for what looked to be a great event and the MTB Berko team who wore our Tring Brewery colours with pride. Well done lads…proof indeed that you need BEERS NOT GEARS.

postierich
    Free Member

Looked great!

charliedontsurf

Eric Sov from surly, me, biff from outcast… Absolutely going flat out Xc racing out tits off.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Looks like Eric is just edging you both out for first place there Charlie ……a close run thing …

charliedontsurf

Eric is using the sitting up drinking position, but you will notice me and biff are getting very aero.

mattjg
    Free Member

“Don’t be a dick”. That’s a recipe for life right there. 😆

The Cocks didn’t know about the Saturday ride so went on an extended drinking session instead. That meant we were all a bit faded for Sunday and mostly dispersed after the ride. Will try harder to integrate next time.

Thx for everyone who shouted an ‘Up the Cocks!’.

Purbeck is a tough place to be a singlespeeder.

charliedontsurf

“Purbeck is a tough place to be a singlespeeder”…. Especially With a hangover.

You guys did almost a snowdonia worth of climbing, and descending over 20 ish miles… 3,200 feet.

ontor
    Free Member

I think I won the hangover contest this year…

nobber
    Free Member

Yes awesome weekend and weather, relaxed race type thing on Sunday makes a nice change from the more serious racing of the year..

Cheers Charlie, we managed to clock up 225 miles in totals although Stu and I didn’t ride ALL the way home in the end, got the train from Southampton..Same again next year, should be a good canal mission.

slugwash
    Free Member

I intended to tidy up these piccies a bit before I posted a link to them but it ain’t going to happen….

SSUK – 2013 – A Set of Bad Photos on Flickr

Muke
    Free Member

I quite like the idea of an annual Charlies Dorset One Gear Weekender 😉

modiesto
    Free Member

yer i reakon

Clink

I quite like the idea of an annual Charlies Dorset One Gear Weekender

fab idea

belugabob
    Free Member

Charlie’s on the radio – click on the green blob, then skip to 41 minutes in…

Big Dorset Brunch

Cheezpleez

Nice one Charlie!

cardo

Just listening to it now..

“Every rotten steep bumpy climb”

the 3 F’s Fun/fitness/fishency…. Love it nice one Charlie.

charliedontsurf

Not promising anything concrete.

But the event went so damned well, so next year… same place, same date, same weather, different route, different title.
    I’ve run out of poets so same poet or no poet.

Maybe the intergalactic Dorset independent onegear trial (IDIOT).

Ideas.
    I Might have the locals who know the route wear bikemonger shirts so folk can follow them to make navigation easier.
    Replace the long hill climb race with a technical see who can get furthest hill climb.
    Any other suggestions are welcome?

DrP

Replace the long hill climb race with a technical see who can get furthest hill climb.
    Any other suggestions are welcome?

Have us one-geared-weirdies climb up from Woodhyde farm, under the railway, then up the really technical rocky BW, finishing at, oooh, the Square and Compass!
    Map here…

DrP

bikebouy
    Free Member

Charlie, Sir that is a fantastic idea.
    I shall be there.

Keep the long climbs please, I was good on them!!!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘SSUK 2013 – was awesomnez, a huge Thank You.’ is closed to new replies.