• This topic has 119 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)
  • SSUK 2013 – was awesomnez, a huge Thank You.
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

SSUK 2013 down in Swanage was awesomnez simple.

I want to say a HUGE Thank You to Charlie for both organising and being a most awesomnez Human Being.

We were bathed in most excellent sunshine, course was awesomnez, marshals were awesomnez, organisation was laid back awesomnez, all the Riders were awesomnez, the Square & Compass was Awesomnez.

Awesomnez.

Most excellent.

Thank You.

brack
    Free Member

Yeah great weekend…!

Well done Charlie for bringing together like minded souls for a sunny cider fuelled weekend with great riding !

Mrs Brack only has a few weeks until we have a brackababy so a slightly subdued event for me… But loved it all the same!

It was that hot I almost took my checked shirt off !!

Clink

It was certainly fab. I particularly enjoyed the rider briefing on Sunday – something for the UCI to follow I think? 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cheezpleez

Yes, ta v much Charlie for a great weekend. Them Darset ‘ills be proper buggers.

singlecrack
    Free Member

“Don’t be a Dick” …..that’s all you need to know ….lets ride to the pub 😆

shortcut

Cracking weekend – thanks Charlie and everyone else.

Dick’s did seem to be in short supply.

charliedontsurf

No worries, it was a very good weekend, nice to do the usual Sunday ride with hundreds or new riding buddies. Thanks for coming.

I think I may have redefined bikes races… On my lap I stopped for lunch, two nice beer gardens, managed 2 museum visits, good cake, tried a new ale…. post race poet was awesome, prize giving went well, only one person got kicked by a horse. Dead pig tasted good.

A few locals are mentioning cyclist going the wrong way down the one way. But I have told them it was people pre-riding the wiggle sportive.

ontor
    Free Member

Top notch. Super riding, great prize giving, great people. Loved the 5 minute search for somebody to accept the title. Pre-event ride was ace too. Might drink less next time so I don’t have to have a nap at every pub.

ajantom

A truly democratic event (as long as you weren’t a dick!), and nice to know that the 2013 SSUK title holder is a lady.
    Thanks to people for cheering my crap tattoo 😆

Was one of the most fun weekends I’ve had in long time. Cheers Charlie, and everyone else.

*edit* just seen Joe’s reply above. He was feeling very poorly on Sunday, a special clap for him for making it round alive!

ontor
    Free Member

😳

ajantom

😈

daftdom
    Free Member

Three cheers for Charlie!! Absolutely brilliant weekend!

MrSparkle

Just got home. Well worth the 5 1/2hr drive (and 6 1/2 drive down). Well done Charlie and Michelle. Great to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones. It was the Mrs first ever Singlespeed event. Happy days. Purbeck rocks!

mattbee

What a cool weekend. Drank far too much, didn’t ride quite as much as intended, had fun with friends old and new and made some more.
    There were two pretty big cocks at the Square & Compass but I didn’t see any dicks…

My wife now has a bigger set of balls than me…

Surly’s newest pro team rider… 😛

tazzymtb

fab weekend, cool riding and some lovely idiots. Next years will be s*** though, have you seen the t055ers that are organising it!

Clink

Next years will be s*** though, have you seen the t055ers that are organising it!

No…it can’t be?! Surely they didn’t…..?!? Presume it’s the tazzy crew?

(had to leave early on Sun)

singlecrack
    Free Member

Oh ffs it’s not those dozy stawt we met there was it Clink ???

singlecrack
    Free Member

Onecogssuk ???

tazzymtb

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxD0K6snJPc[/video]

something to do with folks that can’t talk proper from some place in the middle

MrSparkle

Brilliant news! The spiritual home of mountain biking

Burchy1
    Free Member

Thanks Charlie and crew for a great weekend!

A really nice chilled interpretation of SSUK, finished off with some rhubarb vodka from the prize pot.

Looking forward to seeing what the midlanders organise for next year…

luket

I’ve just stumbled upon the remains of that rhubarb vodka unloading my van. In my camelback. It might stay there…

Thanks Charlie for a cracking weekend!

charliedontsurf

The rhubarb vodka was good, as was the sloe gin, and raspberry vodka….

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Cheers charlie, great weekend.
    I’ll try to remember to make some more raspberry stuff foe next year.
    Birmingham…… Hmm. I think i’m gonna have to buy a bigger lock. 😀

singlecrack
    Free Member

What’s the beach like at Birmingham ???

charliedontsurf

Slap your pictures from the weekend here… https://www.facebook.com/groups/399825926773607/

oxym0r0n

Great weekend – riding and meeting lots of new people…
    Hi to Slugwash, Antony & the Dorset Cocks, the guys that rode from Brighton, Nick & Caroline??, Lynskey/Niner Carbon/Cielo etc etc

The Combe Raiders will be back – email in profile for anyone we promised a tour of the Quantocks!

Sorry to have had to have left before the prize giving

Sadley missed: Aiden, Ringo & others…

Looking forward to another weekend riding in Swanage this weekend with the extended ‘Raiders!

Some photos until I get accepted on the FB group 😉

SSUK 2013 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

SSUK_2013_1 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

SSUK_2013_2 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

SSUK_2013_3 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

SSUK_2013_7 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

SSUK_2013_4 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

SSUK_2013_5 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

SSUK_2013_6 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

flashes
    Free Member

Bl**dy ‘ell fame at last. That was brilliant. So well organised Charlie. Now’s there something you don’t hear every day…..The poet kicked bottom and winning the paint your own darlek set was the icing on the cake…

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Next year in Brum 🙂 … cool , no need to camp for me …… we could do a big canal loop :)…. we dont have much in the way of beaches im afraid 🙁

belugabob
    Free Member
    Keef
    Free Member

yup,fantastic wknd had ! big thanx to Charlie, and a special mention to mrs Charlie,for extra help,when my son had a puncture (Sam,the fixie king!)
    if you can sort the weather for us next year,the same again pls,we’ll do the rest.
    there will be a prize for the person who doesn’t get stabbed,mugged,abused by Chavs,or have their bike nicked next year 😉

the Cut is gnar,btw…..

charliedontsurf

Bit of a contrast. Purbeck vs Birmingham.

Out of the 300+ regions in the uk peace index (based on murders etc) purbeck was the 13th best. Birmingham was 19 from the bottom.

What tyres for not getting stabbed?

ontor
    Free Member

kevlar?

Keef
    Free Member

solid ones 😉

pop-larkin
    Free Member

You don’t need to be the fastest just make sure your not the slowest!

Cheers for a great weekend- mrs pops first Ss event and she’s Still talking to me!

Keef- called into decathlon on the way home and got the assistant to come to the car and fold me tent up- its easy!

boco

My thanks to Charlie,SSUK 2013 was ace!

funkynick

Another huge thanks to Charlie for such a cracking weekend, had a fantastic time despite trying to personally drink Swanage dry of cider, and rather regretting it the morning after!

T’other half had a cracking time too, and even Pete the dog appears to have enjoyed himself and is now asleep on the bed.

Obviously, falling off and spannering my arm and shoulder wasn’t part of the plan, neither was faceplanting into the only puddle for miles a few minutes later! But is all added to the shear lunacy of it all, and getting the blackberry vodka from the prize pot for it did help too…

So roll on SSUK next year, and when is the next event for the Dorset One Gear club?:)

Muke
    Free Member

My first ever SS event and had a great time. Not much more I can add that hasn’t been said already, thanks for a great weekend Charlie.

My shonky photos

charliedontsurf

There were a few puddle victims and I think there were only 2 puddles on the whole circuit.

Do you think we should do it again?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Do you think we should do it again?

Yep, I laughed so hard when I saw one of the mud men. More people should be pushed in.

I also never thought I’d see the day when I’d see more Jones hybrids than on one’s.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘SSUK 2013 – was awesomnez, a huge Thank You.’ is closed to new replies.