Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • where has my riding mojo gone?
  • scandalous
    Free Member

Its been prevalent for ages and then disappeared back end of last week.

had been getting in between 70 and 150 miles a week but a big fat 0 over the past 6 days.

had plenty of opportunity to ride but just couldn’t face it.

at what stage should I start to PANIC?????!!!!!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Nothing money won’t fix.

Buy a new bike. That’ll kick start things again.

ton

i have just go over a serious bout of lost mojo…….no only riding, but everything.
    life felt shit, could not get motivated to do anything except booze, missed my son.
    just had a 3 week holiday doing nothing at all….total chill out.
    i feel much better, i think that most people go through a bit of grey time now and then.
    it is just a matter of riding it out, and coming out the otherside refreshed and ready for life again.

good luck…….. 😀

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s only 6 days. I’m having a 6 month long mojo loss- I still ride 2 or 3 times a week most weeks, but some weeks I just can’t be arsed and I regularly find excuses to not go and ride. I’m riding well but I do have to force myself out and don’t get itchy legs as often. I just seem to like evenings in with the wife too much.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

In all seriousness, it happens to us all. I’ve done nothing this week whatsoever, last ride was last Saturday. Made excuses this week, couldn’t get motivated. Maybe you needed a rest?

Worth planning a special ride somewhere you haven’t been before?, or take a trip to a great riding location? Something to look forward to and give you a kick start.

camo16
    Free Member

As above really, but I’d say if your mojo doesn’t come back soon, have a ride or two with your mate(s). Could be you’ve done too much solo riding, which can get dull.

molgrips
    Free Member

The bike forum?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ride your road bike for a month. Then you’ll really want your mountain bike.

soulwood
    Free Member

Riding to get in the mileage is a sure fire way to lose your mojo. Ride to enjoy mountain biking, to enjoy the outdoors, the sights and smells. Take your computer/GPS off forget about strava and just have fun.

scandalous
    Free Member

soulwood – LIKE!

rocketman
    Free Member

A bit of retail therapy is what you need. Buy something – anything – for yourself or your bike.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Riding to get in the mileage is a sure fire way to lose your mojo. Ride to enjoy mountain biking, to enjoy the outdoors, the sights and smells. Take your computer/GPS off forget about strava and just have fun.

My 40 minute commute, and the state of the local trails have done for my desire to ride the MTB.

When back in Bradders, we’ll see.

maxtorque

I’m the same just recently, but i think mine is just “Post Alps Depression Syndrome (PADS)”, otherwise known as “It suddenly seems quite flat round here”………..

imnotverygood

Rule 5 applies

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

STW Never forgives?

Or is it Spaccore Directive 005. ‘Gross negligence, leading to the endangerment of personnel.’?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Rule 5, …ORLY? 🙄

Keva
    Free Member

In all seriousness, it happens to us all.

no it doesn’t 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

try something different like golf. then you’ll realise how ace cycling is.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Cockles – that was supposed to read “Space Corps Directive”

dobo
    Free Member

i find mixing things up helps, for instance i run and ride and do some body weight exercise.
    if you cant face a ride fall back to a run or some body weight exercise. really helps in the winter when its dark and wet.
    also setting some goals help, short weekly goals like 4hrs riding a week or 2 runs and 2 cycles per week for instance and then a big goal like a race event or a 100 mile cycle, make sure its realistic
    now go cycle a new route tomorrow after work.. im running so i can get back home quicker to have a beer 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

Missing mojo? 🙁

Solution = fatbike! 😀

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Mine went missing last week after a month of no riding. I found it again though, somewhere around the stepping stones in Grizedale… then lost it again a few days later when I high sided after sliding off the trail (damn dust – not used to riding in such conditions!)

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

I lost mine from about Feb till June after a shitty disappointing XC race embarrassment. It happens just accept it and don’t worry about it, if your happy doing something else, do something else. Forcing it won’t work.

Carax
    Free Member

Buy a 29er (or a 650b if you are deficient in altitude)

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘where has my riding mojo gone?’ is closed to new replies.