Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • SSUK 2011 That was fun
  • tazzymtb

Well SSUK 2011 has come and gone, I’d like to thank the team that put it together, ace course, mentally slippery and wet conditions and top spirit shown by all the brave/silly fools that turned up to play.

Many thanks also to the try hards that didn’t stop for beer, we had yours on every lap (just to be helpful) 😀

minor apologies to those who had bad hangovers on the Saturday as a result of the evil red absinthe that was going around.

Events like this always remind me about what I love about riding and mucking about with like minded fools.

Cheers

*now back to my usual grumpy non “love the world” self*

ton

pics would be good……………someone 😀

tommid
    Free Member

Yeah a huge well done to Aidan and the team/ Shame no one could fix Saturdays weather…

Would love to ride the course in the dry.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I would have had some photos if my plan of doing a quick (ish) lap followed by a nip to the tent to get the camera to take some photos had not been scuppered by me having 5 beers at the half way stop and just about finishing without heaving over the bars!

A very enjoyable weekend (once past the chuffing m25) and a first in that ive never cleaned my bike with baby wipes before- it smells bootiful!

Thanks to the organisers-lets have it in the midlands next year 😉

ski
    Free Member

The guy shouting in his megaphone late in the evening, ‘will you shut up, people are trying to sleep’ made me giggle 😉

Seemed to miss who was offering to run it next year, or was it not mentioned?

Great weekend, big thank you for all the people who organised the event, plus everyone who built the bonfires to keep us toasty at night.

tazzymtb

There’s an offer to host it in the midlands from some shonky singlespeedy types using a well established xc race course with big up hill and down hill additions and beer from some good local breweries.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Gutted i missed it (post festival illness)

How did everyone get on at the Rollapaluza?

clunker

Tazzymtb – Member
    There’s an offer to host it in the midlands from some shonky singlespeedy types using a well established xc race course with big up hill and down hill additions and beer from some good local breweries.

Sounds good 8)

thomthumb
    Free Member

How did everyone get on at the Rollapaluza?

24. something. qualified and then went out. some people are mental fast. and as for the winner necking a pint 😯 i genuinely have no idea how he managed that!!

awesome course. chainless downhill was ace fun yesterday. 😀

Clobber
    Free Member

Great event! Really enjoyed it and will be in for next year, cracking course.

Thanks again to Aidan & co, great atmosphere.

Much respect to the guy that did the, (really muddy), chainless downhill event running schwalbe marathons…

Sam

Really wonderful event as always. A few of my pics up here. No worries on the absinth Tazzy – it help along my excuses for not riding….

A few favourites

More of my thoughts here.

See you all next year!

Sam

tazzymtb

Sam I’ll drop you an email regarding the details for the eccentric chainrings

oxym0r0n

Looking forward to seeing some more pictures – there’s a few on Flickr if you do a search…

Me doing badly at Rollerpaluza 25.something 🙁

DSCF3771 by dirtywahoo, on Flickr

Thanks Aidan – good to put names to faces, meet some old friends, get thoroughly muddy etc. I’m glad I only had one sip of absynthe!!!

There’s a couple of SW options for next year maybe?

Napalm
    Free Member

Tazzy – thanks for the pre-race absinthe; that cleared the pipes and got my legs spinning. Did all 3 laps and could still taste it!

Sam – great little write up. That don’t half look like Jo in the Rolla picture. Don’t think I saw him there during the day..

Thanks to everyone. The hosting and company was terrific. Wolves lost 3-0 at home too and I almost didn’t care.

njee20
    Free Member

Who won?

Clobber
    Free Member

Who cares?

Clobber
    Free Member

It was just great fun, the best prize went to the guy who could neck a beer the fastest…

njee20
    Free Member

Who cares?

Me, it’s why I asked. Care’s a bit strong, but I’m interested! Gee and Pagey weren’t there, so I’m intrigued!

the best prize went to the guy who could neck a beer the fastest…

It’s always been like that, in 2007 the owner of the shonkiest bike got a new frame, while the winner got some beer and a custom top cap!

tollah
    Free Member

The guy shouting in his megaphone late in the evening, ‘will you shut up, people are trying to sleep’ made me giggle

That was Jeff I think.

Got too drunk to even consider taking my camera out on the bike in muddy and wet conditions so here’s my shots from the weekend.
    Clicky for more

by sheldonattwood, on Flickr

As far as the winner….. We all won and that’s down to Aiden and Emily’s hard work, cheers guys!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    Who won?

Can’t remember… But I swear Napolian Dynamite came 3rd…

As everyone said, great event, tough course & lots of mud, along with lovely open fires made for an awesome (if a little wet at times) weekend..

Heard a romour about Cannock being mentioned for next years location..

trickydisco
    Free Member

Tollah.. How did Dan get on with them rollers? Any fast times?

I thought he’d kill it

Did he bring those awesome flintstone rollers with him?

.. and this

The guy shouting in his megaphone late in the evening, ‘will you shut up, people are trying to sleep’

is comedy genius 🙂

huws
    Free Member

Who won?

I think it was the bloke on the right in Sams second picture followed closly by the dude in the RAF outfit.

They appeared to be fast as hell.

dustdevil
    Free Member

Well done to the organisers for putting this special event on. Great course, lots of rain(always fun) and lashings of beer. Racing,drinking and running/sliding now that’s a proper race. Legs still hurt from the running, voice still hurts from the shouting(Rolla cheering), head still hurts from the drinking, lungs still hurt from the smoking:) I love this ‘sport’.Apologies for calling the camp site a c*$t:)Dam those mega phones.

bullheart
    Free Member

It was ace. Nice to meet lots of people and the banter was excellent. Well done Aiden – really lovely time, despite the downpour an hour before the start, and my seat-rail snapping at the end of lap one! The course would be blinding in the dry I reckon…

Good to put names to faces too; Tazzy, the Bikemonger etc, and sorry that I had to leave so early, but needs must.

Looking forward to next year!

robkhoo
    Free Member

Who won?

I think it was the bloke on the right in Sams second picture followed closly by the dude in the RAF outfit.

They appeared to be fast as hell.

Simon Smith, Bike Shed Wales :o)

swisstim
    Free Member

Ace weekend, and loads of fun. Just wish I hadn’t broken my collarbone so wasn’t racing….good to see my stunt double finishing fifth. I was the bloke wandering round the undergrowth with a camera shouting at people every now and then. Nice to get some smiles and shouts out of you racers….anyone who went past with a frown – shame on you…

A few snaps below, more here: https://www.me.com/gallery/#100139/TRK_3501

Also have loads more which if people fancy I can upload. Let me know.

Ringo
    Free Member

Yes fantastic weekend that’s a good picture of us doing the rolla oxy

MrSparkle

swisstim – only works with an apple id, sadly.

swisstim
    Free Member

Really…darn. Can you even see the ones that are on the forum post at least…
    I’ll sort out a different host in a mo….hold on…

swisstim
    Free Member

Wait a minute….wrong link I think MrSparkle…my mistake…
    try:
    http://gallery.me.com/tim.orourke#100139&bgcolor=black&view=grid

Aidan
    Free Member

Thanks all!

If it hadn’t have been for you lot making it what it was, SSUK would have been a sad lonely party!

As it was, I think things went pretty well.

For the results oriented,

Male:

1 Simon Smith (Bikeshed Wales)
    2 Neil Richardson (RAF CC)
    3 David Kleinjan (Singular Cycles)
    4 The rest of the men

Female:

1 Louise Robinson (Tunnel Hill Trolls)
    2 Elouise Lindenberg
    3 Phillippa Lansdown
    4 The rest of the ladies

And Aidan Sampson won the chainless downhill race by 8 seconds!

nick3216
    Free Member

Shame no one could fix Saturdays weather…

Why? Was it broken? A mere bracing dampness in the air, and it added character to the course.

The guy shouting in his megaphone late in the evening, ‘will you shut up, people are trying to sleep’ made me giggle

Glad you liked it 🙂

cragrat73
    Free Member

my first ssuk event and i can only echo the previous comments, what a great event. Huge thank you to Adian, Emily and crew for making it happen.

Keef
    Free Member

probs not Cannock next year,but very close ! 😉

tazzymtb

oi keefy do you still want to mash my funny shaped ring? I’ll bung it in the postman’s pocket and make him run around to yours especially quickly if you do.

Keef
    Free Member

And of course,thanks to Aidan and every one else who helped or turned up,really good event again !
    My son really enjoyed his first blast on the rolla !
    wouldn’t be the same with out Tazy’s Absynth 😉

Keef
    Free Member

of course I do Taz ! I’m well up for a play with your dirty worn ,mis-shapen ring !

tazzymtb

wouldn’t be the same with out Tazy’s Absynth

sorry, i’ll behave myself next time. the general rule seems to be if a slightly menacing looking bloke sidles up to you with a plastic bottle of red stuff or a hip flask, run like hell. Markenduro did point out that I have form for breaking people in this way. 😳

EDIT oi this is a nearly pristine 35T ring not the 33T one that Stu abused.

Keef
    Free Member

I should hope so,too.I don’t want to play with any one’s ring after Stu’s had his mucky paws on it !

singlespeedstu

Yep it looked ruined after i’d used it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘SSUK 2011 That was fun’ is closed to new replies.