Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Squirt Lube
  • jimster
    Free Member

just how good is it?

lipseal
    Free Member

Mines filled two prams. 😉

drofluf
    Free Member

I got a sample prompted by the link above and found it worked well, when I finished the sample I couldn’t find a supplier so switched to Pedros Ice Wax.

Both need applying more often than wet lubes but the drive train runs quietly and stays cleaner than with wet lubes

grahamb
    Free Member

Works well for me. I got mine from in2dust, ordered one day arrived the next.

As all the instructions say, apply to clean drivetrain.

When i’m applying it, i run the chain over all the chainrigs & cassette rings so everything gets a coating. An application lasts much longer then.

thebunk

Seemed OK but didn’t last very long. Rock n Roll works better for me.

DezB
    Free Member

Road bike, dry weather, is perfect.

warton
    Free Member

I didn’t rate it. applied as per instructions, only tried it in the wet, and didn’t do a good job at all.

vinnyeh

I use it, and really like it, but it does struggle in extreme circumstances- in the biblical rain of last years Dusk til Dawn my drivetrain was squealing before a 10 mile lap was done.

To be fair though, it’s fantastic most of the time- the drivetrain sheds mud and grime really well, and it seems to me that wear in gritty/sandy/muddy conditions is a lot less than with a conventional lube.

One thing to take note of- the lube needs to applied in a realatively warm environment else it won’t dry, and drying takes time- there’s no point applying it at the trailside on a cool morning 5 minutes before you head off- it won’t work.

13thfloormonk

Ditto the above, its been great on the road bike for any ride up to about 150 miles or so. After that it feels like it needs re-applied.

As soon as you get it wet though, the clock is ticking. I think I managed a 70 mile ride in the pissing wet before it had all washed off, and equally, even a small dousing at the start of a ride can be its undoing.

I’ve kept it for the road bike as the road bike is generally a fair weather one day machine, and Squirt does make the drivetrain feel brilliant. Its going nowhere near my mountainbike again, lucky to get 50km out of application (maybe slightly more if its perfectly dry).

And yeah, if you apply it and don’t let it dry it will keep the chain quiet (long enough to get you home) but will need reapplied pretty soon.

andyl
    Free Member

I was going to try it but went for Weldtites wax instead as it has Krytox in it.

Have only tried it on 2 rides so far but one was a wet ride home and I didn’t have to re-apply. Will see how it goes. Only £3.99 for 125ml so I thought it was worth a try.

Not biodegradable though but still water based so again you have to degrease the chain first. I soaked it in white spirit and then a couple of washes of Fenwicks then dried and applied the wax on the bike.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Where’s TJ? He should have been here by now to mention Putolene chain wax for motorcycles. Boil in a tin stuff. In all fairness though, I’m thinking of trying this once I’ve justed up my Squirt lube (which I’m liking).

Zoolander
    Free Member

It’s great in the dry but won’t last long if it rains. As already said it does need to dry on the chain before use.
    Got some from Stif cycles via their tinterwebsite.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Squirt Lube’ is closed to new replies.