Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Spotted – Christmas Decorations
  • ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

Seen last night, in a private house – not a shop or anything – fully trimmed up with fake snow and tinsel in the windows.
    Is that the first of the year?

will
    Free Member

There has been full decorations on this pub in Leicester all year now 😆

Don;t think there lit up though!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Tell you what though forking, you've set me off wondering how soon I dare put mine up. I fuc***g love christmas me!

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

I was designing Christmas literature for a hotel group in April/May. I put "The Greatest Christmas Album In The World… Ever" on the CD player to get me in the mood. It felt soooo wrong!

aracer
    Free Member

Got an address? Surely arson is justifiable for decorations pre-halloween.

MrAgreeable

Perhaps they left them up after Twelfth Night and the only way to ward off the inevitable bad luck is to leave them there for the rest of the year? In which case they're being perfectly sensible IMO.

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

If you leave them up after Twelfth Night, you have to leave them until Good Friday. Anyway, they weren't there last week.

It's right next door to a very upmarket Michelin Starred restaurant – I can only think they've done it to annoy the owner. Apparently they get rather annoyed with Blackburn Rovers players parking Bentleys across their drive.

MrAgreeable

I think they're playing it safe. Or is Good Friday the date when Santa hands over to Jesus?

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

I just think that by Good Friday, you'd have learnt your lesson and wouldn't be so foolish next year.

Leaving them up all year just plays into the hands of the lazy as it saves them trimming up the next Christmas.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Aye, but a Christmas tree would be a nightmare to dust. Think of all the dust it'd collect in a year!

john_drummer
    Free Member

A pub in North Leeds has a christmas tree up just as you come through the door. Only a small one, but a Christmas tree none the less. It's been up at least 2 weeks.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Mine usually go up in november but generally as part of filming/photoshoots. I generally just leave them up after.

nimrod2410
    Free Member

Christmas never goes away for me.
    We supply Christmas food to major multiples, we start developing in Jan, deliver in october, b@4trds want to start looking at products for Xmas 2010 in 2 weeks time.

F@8k the festive spirit.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I was designing Christmas literature for a hotel group……..

That bloke AdamG I was telling you about Forked Soles, was into that line of business. He made a few bob out of it I believe. Mind you, he was a right clever geezer, so I guess he would have made a success out of whatever he did.

But anyway yeah, I agree with you …….. Christmas decorations in the beginning of October is really taking
    the piss *frowns*

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Bah humbug!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Spotted – Christmas Decorations’ is closed to new replies.