Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • spesh bearings (enduro)
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Went for a ride last night and noticed there's slight play in one of the 'many' bearings in my enduro (if i lift the rear by the seat up and down i can feel a very slight knock)

I'm off to the alps next month so i want the bike to be all worknig okay. Is it best to get all bearings done at the same time? or just the one that's got play? and does it get progressively worse or do you think it will stay like this for a while?

njee20
    Free Member

Knock from lifting the saddle is almost certainly lower shock bush, not bearings.

trickydisco
    Free Member

ah ha.. that'll be it. As usual out with a load of riders and they say "that'll be your pivot bearings"

trickydisco
    Free Member

next question. Where can i get one from and can i DIY it?

njee20
    Free Member

If you have a lathe you could turn a couple of new top hats, and press them in with a vice, frankly I'd whip your shock off and take it to your LBS, with the proper tool it's a really quick job.

seanodav
    Free Member

Can get one from betd or prob lbs, they can be pushed in and out using sockets and a vice very easily.

khani
    Free Member

Do an eBay search for shock bush removal tool their about a tenner and the bushes are cheap as well

lank45
    Free Member

Depending on what year the Enduro is you may not have a bushing.I have an 06 and the shock does not have any bushings in it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Iank45, really? What shock is that then?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Mines an 09. How do i tell?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

the 05 /06 enduro has a bolt that goes through the rear shock eyelet and has no bush as it does not rotate within the eyelet of the shock.

If your 09 frame/shock has a bush then it will have a silver aluminium spacer either side of each eyelet and a bolt going through the middle of the spacers. can you post a piccy of the shock and mounts?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

it would appear that your frame does use shock bushes from this photo.

foolishmiracles
    Free Member

I have an 08 Enduro which a couple of weeks ago had said knock when lifting saddle. As the shock was due for a service I sent it to TFT and asked them to replace the bushes.When it came back they said the bushes were fine and that "The nitrogen had passed the IFP and emulsified the oil,hence the poor damping and the noise" I have fitted the shock with the same bushes and following the service the knock has gone.

Something to bear in mind if swapping the bushes doesnt cure your problem.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘spesh bearings (enduro)’ is closed to new replies.