• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by sv.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • specialized pitch/enduro/stumpy owners help please
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all Im after some help

on my pitch frame the front mech is direct mount, there are two little wedges/spacers you need to adjust the hieght of the front mech depending pn which frame its been fitted to.

I have somehow managed to lose mine and therefore I need a couple.

does anyone have a couple spare or failing that point me in the right direction to get some please as my frontmech is slipping down all the time and buggering up the front shifting !!

mnay thanks

steve

renton
    Free Member

Sunday morning desperation bump !

Konastoner
    Free Member

renton, can you point out which part from this pic? Granted it’s from an Enduro, and it may differ on a Pitch.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    renton
    Free Member

konaster on the pic the mech is bolted to the frame using two bolts.

The front hole in that picture should have an oval bit of metal with a hole for the bolt to pass through at one end of it, so if you turn the bit of metal around you can adjust the height of the mech…..

http://www.shimanoservicecentre.co.uk/SSC/shimano_parts/Front%20Derailleur/FD-M770.pdf

in the link above look at the picture of the etpye mech and its piece number 7 im missing

cheers

steve

iainc

have you tried a Spesh dealer ? they usually carry these small bits

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I know exactly the bits the OP is on about. Tiny little D shaped spacers that locate the mech screws in the correct part of their slot. I have no clue where you might get some though. I’d try a Spesh dealer first though, they have been good for spares IME 🙂

khani
    Free Member

I think (but I’m not 100% sure) that these are part of the mech not the frame, the mech is an etype with the bb mounting plate removed and bolted directly to the frame, it’s not a direct fit type mech like lapierre uses that bolts to the seatube, the oval bits are for running a double or a smaller front ring so you can lower the mech to fit, go to your LBS and see if they have one instock you can look at,

ScottChegg
    Free Member

That comes with an E-type front mech. I may have one in my bits box. Don’t have the bolt though. I need that to hold the FM on my Yeti

bobgarrod
    Free Member

If it’s got a Shimano part number as shown in the diagram your LBS should be able to order from Madison.

renton
    Free Member

ScottChegg you have mail.

has anyone got a spare one lying around in a tool box or box of bits they dont need and would be willing to sell it on to me !!!

thanks

steve

renton
    Free Member

Actually ScottChegg my mail just went to your out of office reply!!!

renton
    Free Member

sunday evening bump !!! just incase you were out and missed it!!

if anyone has a spare of the part i need i am willing to buy it !!

cheers

steve

Konastoner
    Free Member

Renton, they seem to sell them in Germany for around 6 euro. Try Madison as mentioned, they should sort you out.

If not you could always make one 🙂 Some shed time and all that.

renton
    Free Member

can you send me a link to where they sell them in germany please bud !!!

been looking on madisons site but cant seem to locate it under the shimano spares bit and the search does not recognise the part number

cheers

steve

willfaz
    Free Member

Best thing with madison is to give them a ring. Just say you’re an end user trying to track down a part, and ask the guys/gals there. Ask to be put through to sales, just call their main number on their site.

You will need the exact model number on the mech, and ANY serials you can find (there are so many variants, usually).

Ask for the item code, then contact your nearest spesh dealer to sort you out a special order.

Hope that helps, if Madison don’t have it, no idea!

Konastoner
    Free Member

Here you go: –

http://bicikli.de/shop/SHIMANO-spare-part-Y-5CR98020-FD-M739-E-BRACKET-FIXING-BOLT-A-NUT-5CR-9802

There’s none in stock, but the fact that you can get them means Madison will be able to help.

renton
    Free Member

Madison out of stock until march !

What now ?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Can you not just do the bolts up tighter? Cant see why it would slip unless the mech is all shitty and stiff so you really have to push the leaver hard.

sv

Gripfill?

renton
    Free Member

I ache, tried that and the mech is slipping on the post it mounts to as it isnt completely flat, it needs this piece to stop it moving !!

sv gripfill probably not a good idea as i need to get it off now and again to service the pivot behind it!!

nosedive
    Free Member

why dont you buy a new e-type front mech, use the little parts and keep the mech for a spare? SLX e-type mechs on CRC for £24.

its an expensive fix but better value long term than paying £5 for 2 tiny bits of metal

tomaso
    Free Member

If you look here in the Pitch manual it has a diagram and it says parts are available from a Spesh Dealer
    read the manual

sv

renton – was thinking that gripfill just to fill the gap, maybe some masking tape on the back to stop it leaking through. The bolt should thread back out once the gripfill has set.

Edit: Note to self ‘do not lose the height adjuster nut from the front mech as they are difficult to source’.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘specialized pitch/enduro/stumpy owners help please’ is closed to new replies.