Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Specialized Latex Liquid Sealant ?
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Has anyone used it ? I’ve been using Stan’s for a while without any problems at all, but I now need to get a fresh lot.

My LBS only has Specialized sealant which is apparently new. I can’t find any info about it on google. It’s cheap, about £3.99 for a bottle which will do two wheels.

Before I go and buy it anyone know any reason why I shouldn’t use it ?

Joxster
    Free Member

Stick with Stans

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thanks Joxster, that’s what my instincts told me, especially as I’ve had no problems at all with Stans. Just needed to hear someone else say it 8)

Although I think it’s just got to be a question time before another manufacturer replicates Stans ‘magic recipe’, and sells stuff just as good for half the price.

crazy-legs

Stans is latex, Specialized stuff is glycol which doesn’t dry out so it (in theory) lasts a bit longer and doesn’t need topping up as often but it doesn’t seal punctures quite as well since it won’t effectively plug holes. Or any slight gaps between tyre and rim…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thanks crazy-legs, that explains why the guy in the shop when he was reading the blurb on the back of the bottle claimed that it would ‘last for the life of the tyre’ – that just didn’t seem plausible to me.

I’ll stick to Stans, tar 8)

njee20
    Free Member

I tried some of the Spesh stuff, it was rubbish, washed it out and put Stan’s in. Maybe as a sealant in UST tyres, but I sincerely doubt it’d even allow you to inflate their 2bliss tyres!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Latex Liquid Sealant ?’ is closed to new replies.