• This topic has 26 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • South Manchester Curry
  • simonjf63
    Free Member

Anyone recommend me a good curry house in south manchester (I live in Sale). It's my wife's 40th and she wants to go for a curry for her special birthday meal.

highclimber
    Free Member

Lal Hawelli on Wilmslow Rd (curry Mile). always been the most consistent among all the others on the mile!

lookoutkid
    Free Member

Asian Fusion, Chorlton.

That's all you need to know.

lowey

Jai Kathmandu in Northenden.

Not your regular curry (its Nepalese) but you wont have a better meal anywhere.

simonjf63
    Free Member

they all sound good, thanks chaps, but we were hoping to get there by public transport – any closer to home?

lowey

Sale to northenden is just a bus ride mate.

nbt

I would second the Jai Kathmandu, every time I've been it's been far better than the frankly mediocre crap I've had whenever I've been dragged to Rusholme

simonjf63
    Free Member

jai kathmandu it is then – many thanks

lowey

Try the Chilli Chicken for starter or Jenga Tandoori.

snowslave

Gurkha grill, burton rd west didsbury

nbt

Gurkha grill is nice (so is the other nepalese place the other side of the traffic lights, name escapes me at the moment – great something?) , but Jai khatmandu is better

hora
    Free Member

Akbhars. Sorry for the sake of 3miles distance I'd rather go there all day, any day over any other in Manchester.

dan74
    Free Member

Great kathmandu didsbury 140 burton rd
    Awesome, i can highly recommend the mis mas makhanwala 😛

therealhoops
    Free Member

+1 Lal Hawelli, I've only heard good things about it

hora
    Free Member

Great kathmandu – hang on. I went there once. Never again. I do question the hygene of the place. I heard they've moved away from the junction though so maybe the place looks cleaner etc?

stevemakin

Masala lounge in Sale ?, always good when we go, and that other one opposite the Sajan takeaway ? (not the Forts oof Bengal !)

hora
    Free Member

Sajans is a good clean place and friendly but I don't feel its proper curry- its English curry IMO. (Sajans own Masala)

I don't mean to come across as negative but curry is really important to me. There are alot of oily places, alot of casserole-english type places and very few spicy ones with depth in flavour.

Antonyfw
    Free Member

Aye i'm with you on that one. Used to live on Burton road and loved the food from Great Kathmandu.

hora
    Free Member

Should I give them another try?

simonjf63
    Free Member

anyone tried Dilli's in Altrincham or Zumar in Sale? – both a bit up-market but it is her 40th birthday meal after all

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Went to Dilli in Altrincham a couple of years ago for a special meal and were hugely underwhelmed.

IMHO – I'd get the bus or train to Macc and go to Llajawaab. Totally outdoes Curry Mile on quality and service – and achieves what so many of these places fail at: produceing a range of dishes with independent taste and texture – not all the same. Alternatively, 7 Spices in Cheadle Hulme's a goodun for a modern take on a curry.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I live in Sale too. You can't go wrong with Zumar. The service can be a bot slow at times but the food is great.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Dilli's in Altrincham is more than good!

If you're looking for something that isn't shoddy and has nice clientele it would be the place to go for a 40th.

Paul

stevemakin

Maybe we should have a Sale posse these days ?

rides ending with curry ??

🙂

hora
    Free Member

"Sale-borders" allowed in? 🙄

simonjf63
    Free Member

Sale posse sounds good to me. I do occasionally get a pass given enough notice and I'm sure we can stretch to Sale borders

hora
    Free Member

I'm in :mrgreen:

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘South Manchester Curry’ is closed to new replies.