Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Sore hands on 'crosser
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

top tubes likely too long causing you to lean forward too much ….

oddly my cross bikes the only bike i get pain on – its set up with high bars for being upright in traffic (i commute on it) did a century on it today and my elbow felt like it was going to explode along with my palms ! – my road bike is uber low upfront – likewise my TT bike. MY mtb has no spacers under the stem and a 120mm 10 degree drop stem on it …. all have the same tt length give or take half an inch ….

trail_rat
    Free Member

ps – the 1970s called – they want their frame fitting guide back … that bikes mileeeeees too big if thats where you run the saddle jeepers

Woody
    Free Member

Right. I've now been out on the bloody thing 3 times today plus a spin on the mtb to regain a sense of normality. The one thing everyone seems to be agreed upon (including me) is that it's bloody ugly, so………….

1. chopped 1" off steerer which still leaves plenty scope for adjustment.
    2. Stem flipped and now looks right IMO
    3. Tried to level bar tops but that doesn't work as drops are then at too sharp an angle when out of saddle
    4. Double layer of bar tape

Conclusion from brief 'final' ride (ignoring Stevie Wonder colour scheme) are that it seems more comfy but I will have to consider different bars to achieve a better hood/brake position. It is possibly a little too big but not too bad and I'll just MTFU and use it. Cheers

With 'tweaks'

trail_rat
    Free Member

looks loads better – if it persists – try a shorter stem …. will speed up the likely already twitchy handling but should be more comfortable ….

oldgit
    Free Member

There's a dog in your garden BTW.

Woody
    Free Member

Handling, much to my surprise is 'fast' rather than twitchy. On the Pompino I always felt really cramped, even with a 130mm stem. I think this is about right at 110mm.

2 dogs, including a nose 😉

Drac

PMSL! @ the stupid Lab.

Always trust a clumsy lab to get in the way.

samuri
    Free Member

That looks 17 times better, and that's what matters. eh? 😉

Woody
    Free Member

trail-rat – both saddles are slap bang in the middle of the rails on a post with approx. 1 1/2" layback. BTW went to Durris Woods for a look (potentially very good) and there were 2 real live eagles perched on the entrance gate of the triathlon centre. Made my day but they went as I was getting my camera out.

The colour scheme is growing on me.

Can't make up my mind re bars. I think I'll start a pic thread to see what is recommended and what weird and wonderful set-ups appear.

Tiger6791

Can we have a thread "Post you pics with a daft Lab just getting in the way at the wrong time!"

Looking better but I think you brakes are too low on the bars, look at other bikes hoods are noramlly higher to give a easy hold. They are a bit 1970s height.

Maybe a bit more like this

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Sore hands on 'crosser’ is closed to new replies.