Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Sometimes, you really COULDN'T make it up…
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Keyboard warrior types furious accusations about someone he's never met, shocker…

Why would he need to meet you ?

molgrips was clearly referring to you as you are on this forum – and that after all, is what counts.

How you are, and what say or do off this forum, is completely irrelevant. You could be the **** Archbishop of Canterbury for all I know or care.

And BTW Woppit, you are perfectly prepared to respond to what people say on here, and make comments about them, without ever having met them.

So add "hypocrite" to the list of accusations which have been levelled at you

tyger
    Free Member

Woppit doesn't give a flying sh*t about that since he's a complete hypocritical bastard.

There you go Ernie 🙂

tazzymtb

woppit you can't slag the god brigade off they'll get all uppity, but just for you

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah, Religion, Politics, Football…

As far as I'm concerned, if people are happy with something, and it's not doing anyone any harm, live and let live. Up to them really, not other people who don't share their beliefs.

The Westboro Baptist Church, Branch Davidians, The People'sTemple and others aren't very nice, and perfect examples of religious teachings being corrupted and manipulated by individuals and groups to serve their own means, but by and large most religions are quite benign and institutionally charitable.

God Bless you all, anyway.

iDave
    Free Member

On Saturday I traipsed around the basilica on top of Montmarte in Paris.

IKEA tealight candles were available to the faithful at €2 each.

IKEA in France sell 100 for €2.99

So from €0.029 per candle to €2 per candle? Now that's a business I'd like to be running….. or does the additional €1.97 contain added miracleness?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

iDave, how much do you think it costs to maintain an historical building like the Sacre Couer? Most buildings like that the World over rely on such tourist trade. People are happy to pay the €2 knowing this, I would have thought. I'm not Christian, but I've left money in collection boxes, because I think it's wonderful to be able to visit such places. And you had the choice to buy a candle or not.

iDave
    Free Member

last time i heard the vatican wasn't short of a few bob?

I'm fine with collection boxes for upkeep, but huge markups to light a candle to make a wish to santa come true???

mefty
    Free Member

Unfortunately, many cathedrals in this country charge an entrance fee, £4 I think at both Winchester and Salisbury, so a mark up on a candle is hardly a rip off.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I was wondering how long it would take for our favourite lefty bore to deliver a lecture that I find about as interesting as the half-life of a mollusc.

Hi ernie. You are so far off the mark I can't even begin to imagine how you'd get back.

Dear ernie, you're flogging a long-dead horse that I dealt with ages ago and demonstrated the fallacy of thinking of me as some sort of ogre.

Case in point – "I indulge in personal attacks" (this from someone who,in the same post, describes me as not giving "a flying sh*t about that since (I'm) a complete hypocritical bastard." Despite asking for evidence of this supposed indulgence, none has been forthcoming. I wonder why.

And somehow I'M the hypocrite.

You display breathtaking cant, hypocrisy and b*llshit. As usual.

You may insert your smiley appropriately.

There. My first. Just for you.

mefty
    Free Member

Mr W – I don't need to stand up for EL, he is more than capable of doing it himself. He generally argues his case pretty well and he has, at times, a lovely line of invective. You are an atheist, I get it, good for you that you are capable of such certainty, but you do come across pretty unpleasantly to those, whether agnostic or of faith, who don't. Live and let live and all that.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Live and let live and all that.

Amen.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

….our favourite lefty ……

How is me being on the left in anyway relevant……..do you see this as a left verses right issue ?

I would be interested in the thinking behind that.

Or would I be right to suspect there was actually no thinking involved – just a knee-jerk comment ? And perhaps a need for an extremist like yourself, to see everything in easy simplistic terms ?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Sometimes, you really COULDN'T make it up…’ is closed to new replies.