Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Something you've kept secret from someone…
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Who's kept something secret from someone for the other persons sake? not talking about affairs or anything like that but stuff that they are better off not knowing about.

Mine was I never told my wife I found a dead and decomposing slug stuck in our kettle once. It was hidden away in the spout and I only found it when cleaning it one day. It made me wretch when i found it. Luckily I don't drink that many hot drinks but my wife who hates slugs would have freaked out if I'd told her.

MicArms

My real name is Amanda, does that count?

MicArms

And that Troy the hamster died in his sleep…Bloody thing hadn't moved all day and was a tad cold. when Beccy (7year daughter )came home from school we were going to bury it. So get a nice coloured box for coffin duties, put Troy in the box and he moved… not a lot but still alive, just. Luckily Beccy didn't see this last gasp, so shooed her out the room to get some shoes on, out came my son's insulin and gave Troy 20 units worth.. He deffo was lifeless after that..

trailmonkey

In the 80's, I was at a party in London and bumped into someone I knew who was at college there. The last time we had met was at a party in Brum some 2 years earlier. They told me that at that party, one of my best friends had slept with a girl who had become pregnant and given birth to a ( my mate's) daughter. I was told that the girl didn't want the father to know. I decided not to let on. I'm still in touch with my friend even though we live a long way apart and we are still very close. I often wonder if in the intervening years, he found out about his daughter or not. As close as we are, I never figured that it was the right thing to do to let him know.

thomthumb
    Free Member

slept with my best mates little sister for 3 years without telling her!

she eventually found out but doesn't know the ful details!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

thom – how did you sleep with her for 3 years without telling her? Didn't she notice or did you simply sleep with her?

allthepies
    Free Member

best mate == bird 🙄

(or some strong drugs were employed 😆 )

Bushwacked
    Free Member

MicArms – that is harsh!

woodsman
    Free Member

trailmonkey, you can't be that close to not know if your friend is aware he has a child! I don't know if it's the right thing either to deny that child contact with it's father – the child will know some day, and be resentful, as will be the father. I wouldn't want a friend like that!!

thomthumb
    Free Member

no woman i have ever slept with has noticed. 😯

it's that small! 😥

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Now I understand why you are called Thomthumb…. 😉

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

MicArms – the hamster was prob going into hibernation. ours did it yesterday – cold, limp etc. needed 3 hours of intensive warming, some sugary water and then checking/waking every hour or so.

if they go into hibernation, as domestic pets, they do die, as they tend not to have the fat reserves to keep them alive through it. we think our went into it as at night we keep it in the hall, under a window – reckon cold night air was cooling it down, encouraging hibernation.
    now the GF is insisting it has to live in our room all the time – makes a right bloody racket through the night >:(

me and some mates haven't told an old housemate that the pubes he found in his advent calendar were ours. he thinks they came from the factory.
    not telling him is more to protect us than him though 😈

trailmonkey

woodsman,thanks for being my moral compass. wished i'd had you around as my light in life.

woodsman
    Free Member

you're not very good as scarcasm either!

MicArms

Oh great, I'm offically a hamster murderer now.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

MicArms – You really should have kept that one secret 😉

trailmonkey

you're right, i should have just responded with an insult but i figured most people had figured out that you were a complete (insert own expletive) for themselves..

zaskar
    Free Member

I found a cycle carrier on the road and took it home.

Later after Uni (1st yr) I went to work at local Halfrauds.

Sold a cycle carrier and fitted for lady in Merc. She tipped me £5 for fitting it.

While I was fiting it, she was telling me about how she lost her cycle carrier this morning in the street where I lived and someone basket pinched it…

Oops…

AndyP
    Free Member

meh. Hampster murder isn't really something worth keeping secret. It's almost expected. **** things get everywhere.

JulianA
    Free Member

woodsman – Member

From someone who's not very good at spelling! 😀

badnewz
    Free Member

I see dead people.
    Ive also used this flimsey excuse for a joke on numerous occasions.

zaskar
    Free Member

MicArms buys hamsters at a weekly period…and insulin…

bigsi
    Free Member

My other half doesn't know about the new frame in the cupboard in the office, its for her own good that i don't tell her.

If she knew she would freak and getting worked up is not good for your health 🙄

Trailmonkey – I trust that you don't know Woodsman or are you just trying to be funny without the 😉 😀 ?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I should have told the woman in Halfords that the £170 on the piece of paper was what I had paid as a deposit for my bike and not the balance so I actually owed £330.
    I didn't and just paid the £170 she asked for. Felt very lucky and guilty at the same time.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Badnewz are you an undertaker then!

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Credit card upon which I purchased the following

Spesh Epic Sport circa 2003
    Kona Coiler Deelux
    Kona Explosif
    Full build Cove Handjob
    Full range of clothing & equipment

Whoops

A testament to the past – all sorted now and no secrets – trust me – it aint worth it 😳

firestarter
    Free Member

i brought a letter back from the fire station on proper headed paper informing the kids that our dead rabbit had been given a proper burial when it really was in a black bag down the tip ;-(

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I never told my dad that I pissed into the hamster's cage when rather drunk. Unfortunately he died earlier this year (dad, not the hamster) – he would have laughed 🙂

mrben100
    Free Member

Whilst girlfriend was out decided I'd was her car as very grubby. On her return had to explain that on cleaning the car I had found some odd scratches on the bonnet.

Did not tell her there was particularly resilient bird poo which I thought a brilo pad would fix!

Oh well at least it wasn't my car!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Came home pissed one christmas eve and had the munchies and ate the xmas turkey, (mother liked to cook it xmas eve) Blamed it on the dog..greedy bloody labrador! 😳

Drac

Thing is when I hear secrets and asked not to tell I tend to forget them so sorry don't have any.

And yes Micarms sounds like you murdered a hamster, a hair dryer would have warmed him up a treat.

samuri
    Free Member

I can't be bothered keeping secrets from people, you have to remember who you've lied to and exactly what you've told them. When I've cheating on girlfriends in the past (only twice I think) they've found out within days because I told them. I can't think of any other lies I've kept from people.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Something you've kept secret from someone…’ is closed to new replies.