Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Some one is not happy with Gorrick MBC
  • br
    Free Member

“I was a bit put out because there are 2,595 other acres they could have used.”

He added: “I don’t want to be a grumpy bugger but they’ve got 2,600 acres – don’t go where people are walking their dogs.

Its for 2 days a year, does anything else need to be added…

allthepies
    Free Member

What a tool!

And a nice retort to the dog owners re: blowing cr@p off the trails! 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Strange attitude all round really. Why go if you know there’s going to be cyclists blocking the routes. Why not just walk elsewhere in the other 2600 acres.

What MTB course is blown clear of stuff so “it doesnt splash up on the riders” ?!?

Childish complaint by a lazy waste of space dog owner.

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh how I miss working on local newspapers.

😀

allthepies
    Free Member

What MTB course is blown clear of stuff so “it doesnt splash up on the riders” ?!?

As above, I would imagine that the comment was intended as a comeback to the dog walkers who don’t clear up after fido. In reality the blower is used to clear leaf debris from the trails so the initial riders through can see the course line.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

“it doesnt splash up on the riders” ?!?

I agree that this is just a cheap comeback, but if you were there Sunday youd know how mucky it was and its a good point about getting dog egg in your eyes.

When your racing your not riding the same as normal and the amount of dirt I had flick straight in my eyes I’d have been glad if someone had cleaned the course of dog muck.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i agree with him to be honest… its disgusting how they think they own the place and have the right to just block off parts.

same gos for when they close off roads for races and marathons etc… what about my right to travel somewhere?!

RepacK
    Free Member

Couldnt he of gone to another part of the wood? After all there are 2595 acres for him to choose from..

Very lame..

philconsequence
    Free Member

why should he have to?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why shouldn’t he?

philconsequence
    Free Member

why are you asking why?

Junkyard
    Free Member

terribly bad luck that the 4 acres they used out of 2600 were the exact same ones he wanted to walk. What are the odds of that their route was the same as his?

why should he have to?

Cos the landowner said so?

philconsequence
    Free Member

finally 🙂 a bite, now i can give up and admit i think that dog walker sounds like an idiot…. i especially like the reply about needing to clear dog eggs off the tracks 😀

sounds like a well organised day! lots of riders and lots of separate catagories to ride in 🙂

D0NK

Couldnt he of gone to another part of the wood?

why should he have to?

why are you asking why?

Why do I need to know his dogs are collie mix breed and are called Ben and Madison?

So many questions….

gearfreak
    Free Member

Why do I need to know his dogs are collie mix breed and are called Ben and Madison?

It helps us to identify him, so next time you are riding round gorrick and see a bloke with a couple of collies, try a call of Ben, Madison, if you end up with a couple of collies at your toes, find the owner and ride 1ft infront of him very very slowly.

crazy-legs

Oh I’ve had the same loads of times when marshalling at CX races.

Years ago they used to hold CX races at Shirley Hills nr Croyden, really good course. One woman insisted on walking her dogs right through the middle of the course saying that it was a disgrace because it was the second race we’d held there that year, the disruption, you’ve got no right, blah blah.

Same again at last years Todmorden CX organised by Chipps. One bloke who could see quite clearly what was going on walked right down the middle of the course cos “I always walk my dogs here”. He said he’d sue if anyone hit him until we pointed out that we’d asked him not to walk there, warned him of what was happening and that, if hit, the rider could sue *him*. He swore at us a bit, promised to take his complaint to “the highest level” and wandered off to use one of the many dozens of acres of the park nowhere near the race.

iain1775
    Free Member

Ken Corey, who walks his two dogs in Crowthorne Wood most days

theere you go then he needs to be more specific so the organisors know he is there Saturday AND Sunday

Think I need to move to Bracknell if this is the biggest thing the locals have to moan about

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Some one is not happy with Gorrick MBC’ is closed to new replies.