Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Some deep thinking – ExoPlanetsTrackWorld.
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

Amazes me!

Just hope I will live long enough to witness some massive discoveries,

Damn it, I love science!

racefaceec90

don’t forget the other dimensional universes (infinite universes/infinite outcomes of choices that have not been played out in this universe). some physicists believe that for every choice someone doesn’t choose,it will be chosen in an alternative reality (universe).

now i’m going for a lie down 😕

tacopowell
    Free Member

some physicists believe that for every choice someone doesn’t choose,it will be chosen in an alternative reality (universe).

The simple fact is, we’re a long way off from knowing the full extent of what’s really out there, I love thinking about it and seeing how far I can keep understanding before my head implodes!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I think discovering independently evolved life is the game changer.

CountZero

buzz-lightyear – Member

‘To Infinity, and beyond!’

tacopowell
    Free Member

Great comment, Just hoping its discovered in my lifetime,
    I’ve also a feeling its right in front of us, we’re just to small to notice it and when we do, we’ll be kicking ourselves, Theories aplenty!

The Stars are alive?

tacopowell
    Free Member

The Stars are alive?

Your drunk Tacopowell, Go home!

darrell
    Free Member

all a load of tosh

we are alone

and in a simulation

hoodoo
    Free Member

I’m hoping that “they” manage to get an astronomical interferometer into space within the next few years so we can directly image exosolar planets. That will be amazing.

tacopowell
    Free Member

I’m hoping that “they” manage to get an astronomical interferometer into space within the next few years so we can directly image exosolar planets. That will be amazing.

Realistic target.

I’m 30 this year, If I live another 30 years (if!) I should look back 30 years from now and see where science was,

1983- Space Shuttle Challenger makes it’s maiden voyage, paving the way for the first space Walk in 9 years.

Today, Number of space walks this year? None,

Yes I know a different science but we’re spending far to much on Wars than space exploration

I Hope to see leaps in discoveries but Not as much as I hope!

😥

lazybike
    Free Member

Not much point in exploring infinity……not like its going to lead anywhere.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Not much point in exploring infinity……not like its going to lead anywhere.

Said Jack Dee 😆

lazybike
    Free Member

🙂

samuri
    Free Member

The best bit about finding populated planets will be subduing the inhabitants, stripping their resources and then colonising them before we exit our own poisoned surface.[1]

You know, unless they’re harder than us.

[1 We’ve got history and if anyone thinks we won’t do this at the very first opportunity then they’re being very naive.

lazybike
    Free Member

No….you’re thinking of Avatar…

There was a thing on the radio last week about a probe, that has apparently left our solar system…quite exciting, untill the boffin said it won’t reach the next star for 40 thousand years…

samuri
    Free Member

No, obviously we’ve never colonised anything in space but here on planet earth we’ve got a long, long history of doing precisely this. We’ll do exactly the same as soon as we have some aliens to exploit.

Drac

There was a thing on the radio last week about a probe, that has apparently left our solar system…quite exciting, untill the boffin said it won’t reach the next star for 40 thousand years..

Voyager 2 1, yeah amazing stuff but another boffin says it hasn’t left yet.

lazybike
    Free Member

Maybe….I think by the time we figure out space travel, and by that I mean travelling at many times the speed of light..we’ll have a totally different attitude to the universe….No… now I’m thinking of star trek 🙂

lazybike
    Free Member

Voyager 2 1, yeah amazing stuff but another boffin says it hasn’t left yet.

Useless bloody boffins…. 🙂

zippykona

A boffin in the paper last week said they will be able to make a woolly mammoth within the next ten years.
    I would pay a very large amount of money to touch a mammoth.

rossi46
    Free Member

The question is who will discover who first? They discover us or us discover them?

lazybike
    Free Member

I would pay a very large amount of money to touch a mammoth

this isn’t yours is it…

Euro
    Free Member

our Sun exists in isolation; it is not gravitationally bound to any other stars.

If someone could explain how they know this for sure, then i’d be impressed, especially when they aren’t sure about something much less complex like …

There was a thing on the radio last week about a probe, that has apparently left our solar system…quite exciting, until the boffin said it won’t reach the next star for 40 thousand years… yeah amazing stuff but another boffin says it hasn’t left yet.

Trimix
    Free Member

tacopowell – what we clearly need then are some aliens to threaten us. Then the miliary budget can be spent on space – win, win situation.

(till the aliens kill us with their death rays)

lazybike
    Free Member

what we clearly need then are some aliens to threaten us. Then the miliary budget can be spent on space – win, win situation

they’ll get around to it….after they’ve killed everyone who owns an AK47.

tacopowell
    Free Member

tacopowell – what we clearly need then are some aliens to threaten us. Then the miliary budget can be spent on space – win, win situation.

(till the aliens kill us with their death rays)

Gears of War style alien invasion? Hell yeah! If it means I get a gun with a chainsaw attached, Sign me up!

Seriously though, if we spent twice as much on space exploration as we do now, I’d imagine we’d be much closer to new discoveries,
    Crying shame really.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Some deep thinking – ExoPlanetsTrackWorld.’ is closed to new replies.