Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • In a bit of a quandary…….
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

I hope this won’t be too long winded but here goes –

Due to weather induced disillutionment with MTBing,towards the end of last year, I made my mind up to sell my F/S (Spark 40) and H/T (Pipedream Scion)and buy a single, 29er MTB for the, increasingly, occasional forays offroad. I inteded, indeed have tried, to sell the Spark first and then break up the Scion to sell as frame/parts. Despite posting with a reasonble price and dropping the price a couple of times, I’ve not been able to sell the Spark. This has led me to consider shifting the better bits from the Scion onto the Spark and keeping it and then selling the Scion as above.
    Trouble is I’m now wondering whether to blow the money raised from the Scion on a 29er(of some description – probably a Scale) [list]OR[/list] supplement my CAAD10, bought in the summer and found road riding so much “fun”, with an alloy Synapse (has mounts for mud guards, so would be an ideal winter bike).
    I’ve hardly ridden off road since September and find the idea of a 3hr ride followed by 2hrs of cleaning (possible over exaggeration) too much of an onerous task and am leaning towards the latter option – what do you think?/talk me out of it/into it.
    Sensible and humorous ideas welcome. 😐 🙄

toxicsoks
    Free Member

*still in quandary*…….. 😐

soobalias
    Free Member

sounds like you are looking for your mojo.

IA

For me, the best way to stop worrying about bike kit and new bike kit is to just go ride my bike.

hora
    Free Member

Its all good. In your situation I’d ride road now and mtb summer. MTB in winter needs commitment and can grind any man down.

Again I repeat- its all good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘In a bit of a quandary…….’ is closed to new replies.