Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Solo air fork help please.
  • Kelliesheros
    Free Member

Ok,

On my ride tonight, i discovered that my fork once compressed was not extending back. I.e at the end of the descent the fork was fully compressed and not rebounding. The only way i can get it back was to actually completely unload the fork, i.e get off the bike. It doesnt seem to be leaking air as i checked the values when i returned.

The fork is about ten months old, and has not been serviced. Is it a case that i need to get it serviced (and any ideas of cost), or is there anything else.

Thank you.

-Liam-
    Free Member

Any oil leaks ?

They are really simple to service yourself.

You can download a pdf from the Sram website with comprehensive instructions for all their forks.

But if the fork is less than a year old it is still under warranty so best to return it.

Kelliesheros
    Free Member

Thanks, No oil leaks, just a refusal to rebound,

I will probably phone the shop and see how much it costs for a service, i was just wondering if there was a simpler fix.

Thank you.

-Liam-
    Free Member

I'd be surprised if they need a service after 10 months unless you are over doing the jumps etc. Refusing to rebound sounds more like a failure of something. You may not of noticed an oil leak as it may be leaking under pressure when you are riding.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Solo air fork help please.’ is closed to new replies.