Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Soft spring for Manitou Nixon where? Anyone?!
  • ferrit
    Free Member

My wee better half has a set of coil Manitou Nixons that are sprung a bit hard – does anyone know where I can get a soft spring?

Can only see a firm one a few places online – do they even make a soft one?

Or anyone got a dead set I can cannibalise?

RustyMac

What year are the Nixons? I have some 2005 Nixon elite RTWD likethese sitting in my shed as one of the brake mounts needs helicoiled and i’ve never got round to doing it. I’d happily sell them to you for £25 posted if they will be any use. I don’t know what spring is in them, i’m gonna guess at medium.

ferrit
    Free Member

That’s the ones – I think they’re pretty similar over the years, not much change.

I’m afraid I’m only really after the spring – will let you know. They’re going in for a service today so if anything else is dead, I may take them off your hands.

Thanks!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

If its stock there is a spring within a spring in there, you take the inner one out to soften it up. That was the case on our 05 nixons anyway.

RustyMac

Ferrit, good luck with geting them sorted. My emil is in my profile if you do decide you want them.

ferrit
    Free Member

Rustymac – thanks for that – forks in the shop tomorrow – will let you know!

crashtestmonkey – that’s interesting – didn’t know that. Will investigate…

Cheers all!

ferrit
    Free Member

OK, forks are not the dual spring type so have to stick with the medium spring for now.

Nothing else buggered internally so thanks for the offer of the forks Rusty Mac but I’m ok for now.

Cheers for the advice peeps!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Soft spring for Manitou Nixon where? Anyone?!’ is closed to new replies.