Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

You’d better check with Mrs Binners before you place that bet!

Good result today though…surprisingly good!

binners

She ALWAYS bets on Burnley at home, fella.

She’s made a bloody killing off that bet, over the last couple of seasons!

Why do you reckon Arsenal are so inconsistent? It can be like watching two totally different sides from week to week?

Mind you, you could say the same about everyone else, bar City

Rockape63
    Free Member

God knows why Ozil is so inconsistent! I would say the it’s the first time that Our two best centre backs have played together for a long time and they give us the platform to play well. I would have brought Jack on for Chaka at 60mins.

binners

And another one bites the dust. Tony Pulis has just been sacked.

Another club for Sean Dyche to be linked with then? 😆

ransos
    Free Member

And another one bites the dust. Tony Pulis has just been sacked.

That’s been coming for a while…

West Ham seemed to have all of their old failings yesterday.

binners

I can’t see Moyes doing anything other than exactly replicating his experience at Sunderland. Its like deja vu already

This is bonkers though

😆

ransos
    Free Member

I can’t see Moyes doing anything other than exactly replicating his experience at Sunderland

Moyes mk1 wouldn’t be a bad shout as a short-term appointment – get the defence organized etc. The trouble is that we’ve had Moyes mk2 for quite a long time now. I would’ve preferred to see the club appoint an up and coming manager from the championship.

geoffj

Rockape63
    Free Member

Funny how Managers who have, in the past been pretty successful seeming to run out of steam. You can’t think that Pulis is doing anything differently, so do the players just get lazy?

zippykona

Normally a new manager means a win in his first match then back to the old ways. Moyes is cleverly bucking that trend.
    I predict a win next week and then the longest unbeaten run ever in the premiership.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I predict a win next week and then the longest unbeaten run ever in the premiership

Good luck with that Zippy! 🙂

binners

Looky what I just got! A Stanley Chow print of De Gea, ready to be framed. How cool is that?!!

I suspect, given the mixed look of pity and contempt I just got off Mrs Binners, that the only place I’ll be able to put it up is in the shed 😀

binners

Looks like the Two Trackies for a Tenner stadium might be about to be Renamed

seosamh77
    Free Member

man the CL is aff the scale these days, no that long ago we’d have fancied our chance of taking the odd result against the best, brutal!

Anyhow, that’s the distaction done, 0-2 against anderlecht in a few weeks see’s us in the europa, job done. fingers crossed! reckon I’ll have chewed through those fingers by the end up though! 😆

Be interested to see how the english clubs do against PSG. Good luck! if any of you get them in the draw. Despite our ineptitude and them being immense going forward, i reckon better teams will get chances against them. aim for winning 4-3 or something though! 😆

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

although on the bright side

seosamh77
    Free Member

😆

Garry_Lager

Some inspirational news expected from Goodison Park today – Big Sam to be unveiled as manager with a backroom team of Sammy Lee and Craig Shakespeare.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvoxyGC6bVM[/video]

binners

Its difficult to see how Big Sams philosophy of ‘hoof it long to the big man’ is going to fit in with a club that is so conspicuously missing said big man

I expect Andy Carrol will be arriving back on Merseyside in January 😆

If you haven’t seen it already, then take a moment to appreciate this from last night

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8dm1IbpMj4[/video]

on top of two absolute peaches by…

Ashley Young 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

I like it when defenders dont just run away from the ball but great goal from Messi Linegard

MSP

Just think how good city would be if Sterling could finish!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Oooooof! Late from Citeh!

Junkyard
    Free Member

aye its there title for sure and they may well set some records in the process

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

They’ve not been blowing teams away of late as they were earlier in the season. Massive win tonight though as United could have cut the gap to 3 points if they were to win the derby.

binners

They’ve just remarked on Five Live: Pep’s nicked Fergies watch 😀

But that’s how you win titles. Not just the 5 nil demolitions, but grinding out results with late winners. I reckon the title is a given now, but I reckon the squad is so good that they’ve got to fancying their chances of going the whole season unbeaten. Especially as Pep keeps saying they can’t do it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Did anyone see the Rooney quote? We needed to show the manager what sort of players they are, yep beating West ham certainly proved something. Was chatting to my folks about pardew as the gift that keeps on giving once you get shot of him as a manager, fat sham is about the same.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Think the Rooney goal was the only ‘insane’ goal of the night, with Sterling’s a very good one, and Girouds”s first goal also top quality.

Big game on Saturday Binners…. what do you think? 😐

MSP

They’ve just remarked on Five Live: Pep’s nicked Fergies watch

Southampton tried to disrupt citehs rythm by time wasting, but they made it too obvious, every dead ball situation they were in control of took 30 seconds longer than would be expected, and they had more than ten. Forster got booked for it, but I thought they were generally getting away with it and deserved more bookings, thankfully it had been noticed and that was where the time came from.

binners

What a match this is?!!! 😯

A proper old school United Arsenal ding dong! God knows how they’ve not got at least one back.

Loved Ramsey shaking Matic’s hand with a “how the **** did you keep that out?” Look on his face. I was asking the same question

Could be anything, this?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ridicoulous

binners

😯

theotherjonv

at least the second half has calmed down a bit 😯

dirtyrider
    Free Member

de gea 8)

binners

BOOM!!!!!

🙂

I had a few quid on 3-1 United at 22/1. No chance it’s finishing with this scoreline

binners

Cheers Arsene 😆

theotherjonv

nice double bluff there Binners.

Only complaint, how come Lingard got MoM when Arsenal had 31 shots and De Gea made what? 5? 6? world class saves.

Once again, 1 in the goals for column is seen as worth more than the 1 that doesn’t appear in the goals against.

binners

De Gea was man of the match. He was outstanding! And he needed to be! What a game?! 😯

Pogba out for the derby 😥

MSP

Damn you, I was hoping the gunners could at least muster a draw and take a couple of points off utd tonight.

Junkyard
    Free Member

surprisingly few bookings and the red a tad harsh – in terms of what happened in the game but you can see why it was given.

Entertaining to say the least

Next week will be slightly more defensive in nature

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

De Gea is too good sometimes. Great keeper – best in the world? Can’t think of any better.

zippykona

What would a good result for west ham be tomorrow.?
    Keeping it below double figures would be a bonus.

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.