Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • So it was a touch muddy tonight then…
  • superfli
    Free Member

Had to push the bikes downhill 👿 back wheel jammed up with gunk and they weighed a ton! We should have turned back when we had the chance, instead of suffering 8 further miles of clay/chalk hell.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Looks like your average SITS or MM

parkesie
    Free Member

Wow i havent seen mud like that on a ride in years.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IanMmmm
    Free Member

Where was that? Went out last night in East Leeds and it was pure slop. Not claggy. Just good wet, muddy fun.

jedi

wooahhh!! 😯

PiknMix
    Free Member

impressive mud!

I love mud, I think I want to do a PHD in it 🙂

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Oh, we have the joy of the bottom of all the puddles beign frozen here… Solid ice under an inch of water. Pretty lethal….

Diane
    Free Member

That looks like serious hard work!

grtdkad

That does bring back memories of Mayhem. Where were you?

We just have a lot of slippy slop in the Malverns – going out for more tomorrow!

superfli
    Free Member

I’m deep south. Chalk and clay of the south downs – old winchester hill (North of Portsmouth) to be more specific.
    Yeah it was hardwork, but there was pizza and beer waiting for us at home 🙂

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

ah i was going to say cotswolds.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Similar thing happened to me the other day, stripped all the paint off the inside of my swingarm too.

I hate to admit it here, but I avoid mud.

langy
    Free Member

Why didn’t you turn back? Pushing downhill just doesn’t sound like any fun…

(Hope you don’t whine about horse riders messing the trails up when you go ride in those conditions, either!)

devs
    Free Member

Conditions like that would overcome my love of biking. That cannot be any fun at all. I would move rather than ride in that. Or do something else.

epicyclo

Looks like fun – thought you had a Pugsley there for a moment.

But it looks like serious cruelty to a derailleur. If you are going to continue in your filthy ways you need an Alfine. 🙂

rob2
    Free Member

I feel your pain we had exactly the same on the ridgeway/oxon trails last night. I feel battered today 😯

superfli
    Free Member

I contemplated turning back at the top of Old Winchester Hill, we had just gone through a slippy and muddy climb/push. It was downhill+flat all the way back to some tarmac, so thought it wouldnt be too bad. It got worse 🙂

Got to clean the patio after work, it looks like we’ve had the landscape gardeners in. Also need to 2nd clean the bikes

Lummox

You’ve saved me joining the wagon wheel club today, think I’ll head to swinley instead

jools182
    Free Member

I’m not ashamed to say I hate riding in mud. Soul destroying.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘So it was a touch muddy tonight then…’ is closed to new replies.