Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • So I made a music video….
  • grumm
    Free Member

It’s not the greatest video in the world admittedly – but I’m pretty impressed with what can be achieved with just my GF1 and no planning, extra equipment, or lights etc. Still getting to grips with Adobe Premiere too.

The band are amazingly talented though – I recorded them as part of my job (with a music education/development charity). They are only about 15 and already pretty shit hot imo.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Really enjoyed that grumm. I think it works just great because I didn’t notice the video, I just enjoyed watching (hope you know what I mean).

The song and the recording were superb. If that’s them playing, they’re superb.

Only problem I see/saw was the drummers shorts!!!! Awwfulllll!!!

SB

Kunstler

Nice. Looks really good, but slightly odd that there’s no shot of the singer actually singing. I love premiere – it’s really intuitive and fast once you’re used to it and timewarp keyframing is great fun.

Band sound pretty sharp for fifteen year olds.

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers folks. Yup that is the band playing – I recorded everything apart from the vocals, then the uncle of one of the band did the vocals and the mixing down in London somewhere. Apparently he is a professional pop music writer – seems to be pretty good at mixing too!

I know what you mean about the lack of singing shots – I think I was just busy at that point. Only just starting to get into Premiere but I really like it so far.

Have to agree on the drummers shorts – shouldn’t really have let him in the building dressed like that. 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

😀 i likes it! nice little touch around the 2:13ish mark as it kicks in a bit heavier.

sounds like a great job too, very jealous!

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers, I enjoyed your snowboard bid too btw. Yeah my job is pretty sweet, might not exist for too much longer though :-/

tommid
    Free Member

Good Skills grumm. Enjoyed that.

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers – it’s also on YouTube btw for those on iPhones and whatnot

philconsequence
    Free Member

shame about the job situation 😥 i always wanted to set up some kind of charity, scheme that takes in mentally unwell youths and gets them into creative stuff (making music/videos and such, recording music, art etc etc)

i even had a very vivid dream where tescos agreed to build a centre on the edge of each superstore and paid for all the equipment…. i have no idea how much cheese i had before bed that night!

DezB
    Free Member

Just found it a bit weird to watch cos none of the playing was in sync with the music. Maybe intentional ?

grumm
    Free Member

Phil, a lot of my work is with ‘hard to reach’ kids – sometimes difficult but very rewarding when you feel you’ve made a difference.

Dezb – it’s just a rough little thing, also the footage is actually of a couple of different songs being recorded at different tempos etc. When I do it proper next time it will all be synced.

DezB
    Free Member

Fair enough. Good band though 🙂

xiphon
    Free Member

Good music vid, and outstanding sound from the band.

I’ll be sharing the youtube link with quite a few people 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers xiphon. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘So I made a music video….’ is closed to new replies.