Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • So I am sat here waiting for my wife to go into labour
  • organic355
    Free Member

Wife’s due date is today and we were admitted yesterday to start things off (being induced due to her age and IVF baby).

Not much has happened since the initial pesary (sp?) at 3 ish yesterday other than regular monitoring evey 4 hours. Think I we she is in for a long day today!! Will be heading to the labour ward at 3 ish to start the drip and get things moving properly.

Any final words of advice?

And she’s getting a shower before you all say get off your phone and look after her 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Just wait and try not to feel to much like the spare part you inevitably will become later today.

And enjoy 🙂

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

If you get offered toast whilst she can’t have any, at 2.30am, after 6hrs in labour politely refuse…other than that your on own!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Whatever you do.. don’t look as it’s coming out. It’s like watching your favourite pub burn down.

steve-g
    Free Member

If the drip is scheduled for 3, you want the epidural booked in for about 2:55

doug_basqueMTB.com

Good luck! It is a fantastic experience for both people, honestly it is 🙂 We did it 8 weeks ago.

There are so many people around during the birth, you really don´t have much to do. Make sure you take plenty of stuff, things got a bit hectic for us after the birth and it was about 3 days before I left the hospital. I wish I was a bit better prepared for those days of sleeping in the car and eating from vending machines! Phone, charger, book, warm coat, toothbrush etc.

We were 12 hours from the drip to the drop. Standard advice is don´t go below the waist, not for any reason 🙂

Again, good luck. Enjoy!

DezB
    Free Member

Make sure she has gas & air. It’s great fun to hear the hallucination talk!

bearnecessities

Whatever you do.. don’t look as it’s coming out. It’s like watching your favourite pub burn down.

Genuine lols!

(Oh, and best of luck to all) 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yes, never was the phrase “what has been seen cannot be unseen” more appropriate.

You will feel like a total spare part. Don’t go overboard with the encouragement either, it’s a difficult balance.

kimbers

stay at the head end!

scud
    Free Member

Just be supporting and don’t light cigars on the ward..and i second never venture further south than the equator.

chakaping
    Free Member

stay at the head end!

+1

And just do sweet FA for the next few hours. It’s the last chance you’ll get for some time.

hora
    Free Member

Whatever you do DONT look down there (or be asked to sit/stand down that way at any point). kinda effects you especially if you like giving oral..

(Sorry has to be said)

mogrim

Make sure she has gas & air. It’s great fun to hear the hallucination talk!

This is probably worth filming, too. Be a perfect new xmas tradition, and one your future child will love 🙂

Good luck, Doug’s advice (“Phone, charger, book, warm coat, toothbrush etc”) is spot on!

DezB
    Free Member

(Sorry has to be said)

The pub analogy too subtle for you?

cinnamon_girl

FCOL Hora, did you really need to post that????!!!! 😯

Stoner
    Free Member

(Sorry has to be said)

jeez mark! there’s loads of stuff that doesnt have to be said. But I know we can always count on you to say it though! 😀

Give her a nice big baggy shirt to wear. And look deep in to her eyes, not around the eyes, just the eyes. Nowhere else.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

stayattheheadendstayattheheadendstayattheheadend!

Good luck fella!

chiefgrooveguru

pesary (sp?)

Peccary?

hora
    Free Member

Well the OP will be stressed and tired. So its good to be bloody obvious!

wilko1999
    Free Member

Ignore the ‘don’t go down the business end’ comments! I watched both my childrens heads slowly appear and ‘pop’ out, its an unbelievable sight, an absolute wonder. And it’ll be so long before you next eat sushi from the barber-shop floor that the images of birth will long be forgotten!

cinnamon_girl

Good luck to you all. 🙂

hora – do shut up!

😉

enfht
    Free Member

The coolest babies are born at the Winter Solstice (in a snow storm). Fact.

Good luck

hora
    Free Member

Oh and don’t do what I did as soon as he/she pops out and go for a long ride in the Peaks to clear my head. 🙂

I think that was the last time I felt fit on a bike 🙁

wrecker
    Free Member

MrsW is due sunday. I’m encouraging her to get on with it but she seems determined to make me do a full week of work. I have a feeling I’ll still be waiting around on Christmas day.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Good luck to you both.

It can be a long wait ! You will feel like a total “spare part”, just try and be as supportive as you can. Keep an eye on things and ask any questions of the staff you feel should be asked, get updates etc. Don’t let the “mrs” see you being stressed, concerned. However you are feeling try and show you are calm and confident.

They and enjoy it and take in the events of the day, there will never be a first time again. I always cut the chord. Third time round (at home) the mrs wanted to see all the afterbirth etc and I’m glad she asked as we missed out the first two times. Creating life is a true miracle or evolution.

@hora this is the greatest thing our partners can do, if you don’t love them more after this you are a dead man.

Good luck again, make sure we get an update !

mooman
    Free Member

cloudnine – Member

Posted 21 minutes ago #

Would have been funnier if I hadnt heard Robbie Williams say the same thing the other week on the Graham Norton show …. but sadly – it is true. Resist the urge to look at all costs!

I stayed from the ugly end during all of it. Then when I thought it was safe, I went and picked the baby up from one of the midwives … I then looked towards my wife .. and was greeted by the view of her legs up in stirrups and a doctor about to stitch her back up … 😕 how I have wished over the years that I asked him to chuck in half a dozen or so extra stitches whilst he was there ..

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

stay at the head end!

hora – Member

Whatever you do DONT look down there (or be asked to sit/stand down that way at any point). kinda effects you especially if you like giving oral..

stayattheheadendstayattheheadendstayattheheadend!

DON’T LISTEN TO THESE NUMPTIES ! ITS YOUR BABY WATCH AND SAVOIR EVERY MOMENT ITS TRULY MAGICAL SEEING THE BIRTH OF YOUR CHILD ENJOY EVERY SECOND OF YOUR TRULY WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE (dust in the room for a second there)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ooo Christmas baby. Nice.
    Best of luck.

johndoh
    Free Member

Seriously – what is it with you guys? It is perfectly normal for a baby to come out of a lady’s lady bits. Are you all so soft you can’t cope with the sight or what?

jambalaya
    Free Member

plus a million to what @unfitgeezer posted

hora
    Free Member

@hora this is the greatest thing our partners can do, if you don’t love them more after this you are a dead man.

Hes the funniest little character, a real ray of sunshine and mad as bat-shit.

graemep
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    I always cut the chord.

If you don’t want to go ‘down there’ at least do this if you get the chance!

deadslow

Ok so Christmassy name for little organic……….I’ll get you started:
    Boy: Noel
    Girl: Holly

DezB
    Free Member

WATCH AND SAVOIR EVERY MOMENT

Dunno about you lot, but mine definitely ain’t the savoir.

organic355
    Free Member

It’s a boy….. Still not out yet though 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Would have been funnier if I hadnt heard Robbie Williams say the same thing the other week on the Graham Norton show …. but sadly – it is true. Resist the urge to look at all costs!

Someone said it to me 5 years ago before my first daughter was born.. im pretty sure it wasnt robbie williams though

natrix
    Free Member

Don’t forget to cut the chord!

senorj

congratulations…. best christmas present ever……

geoffj

Well done! I have fond memories of Nine Wells as my second was born there and the 1st spent the first 2 weeks of his life there after showing up a bit too early! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘So I am sat here waiting for my wife to go into labour’ is closed to new replies.