Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 214 total)
  • So, can Fred/Elfin be allowed back now please?
  • Karinofnine

It’s been ages since he was sent to Coventry and it feels horrible to think that someone is being excluded from the ‘gang’.

bigG
    Free Member

Is this place really missing anything without him?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Not really. It’s nice not having threads taken over by Elf all the time.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jamie
    Free Member

Which ‘gang’ is that then?

Oh and this thread will be pulled.

geologist
    Free Member

Thats the problem with these forums, “the gang”, its not a gang its a public forum for those with an interest in mountain biking.

clubber
    Free Member

ignoring whether the ban is justified or not, could someone who knows him let us know that he’s OK as it did sound like he wasn’t in a great place. ..

Jamie
    Free Member

I have it on good authority he’s alive and well, and abusing Man U fayns on twitter.

cynic-al
    Free Member

He’s fine.

bigsi
    Free Member

Surely if he’s that bothered about coming back he can/will in another guise?

How do you stop a person who wants to from signing up again when all you need is an email address which isn’t hard to come by 😕

I think he’ll be lurking somewhere biding his time 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

IP spy stuff would spot him innit?

binners

If you could unban him it would save me having to read all his regular email tirades
    Why should I be on the receiving end of it, when you lot get off scot free!

Will somebody please think of the children!

spacemonkey

Not really. It’s nice not having threads taken over by Elf all the time.

^^^^
    THIS

Besides, he’s probably too busy figuring out some pseudo-urban way of spelling ‘narcissism’.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve preferred the place without him to be honest.

druidh
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    IP spy stuff would spot him innit?

Most folk have dynamic IP addresses

Karinofnine

He didn’t take any of my threads over…

I don’t know why he affected that spelling thing, he is actually very clever. Um, he’s a really nice person too, kind, funny, thoughtful (ok, as well as sometimes being annoying).

I was always interested in people’s reaction to him, rather than upset by what he said.

Yes, I know it’s a forum open to everyone but some of us have met more than once for rides, including me, so I do feel a sense of group.

CHB

loverly around here at the moment. just the right amount of bickering and actual advice and debate.

molgrips
    Free Member

I went out with him the other night – he does miss the forum, as I would. He’s generally ok though, it seems.

Kevevs
    Free Member

better you than me Binners 😉 I can sense some twitching in the deepest darkest depths of East London at this thread.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Folk thought the patios was him being serious, it was a wind-up – and clearly a very effective one, was not it, spacemonkey?

druidh – Member
    Most folk have dynamic IP addresses

Mine must be pretty lazy, I always got found out when I created a new log in from a new email addy after a banning.

mboy
    Free Member

LOL @ binners, know how you feel! 😉

He’s a good bloke that tries a bit too hard to be the devils advocate at times, and his total “anti-establishment” attitude rubs many people up the wrong way. He’s as harmless as they come, a genuine nice bloke that would go out of his way to help others out, just that sometimes he forgets that sometimes if you do want to play in somebody else’s playground, with their toys, you have to abide by the rules or face the consequences! Much as many of us don’t agree with all sorts of things in life, we have a mutter of discontent then just get on with things in general and accept them. People like Elf in society are the ones that challenge the social status quo, the ones that will fight for things that they believe in and we need people like that otherwise we’d live in an autocracy.

BUT… He needs to remember this is a Mountain Bike forum, and it’s run and moderated by a group of guys with a Private Interest in it, and they not only pay for it but moderate it too. So basically, we have to abide by those rules or we aren’t allowed to play!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Get him back. It’s boring without Fred.

He’s probably ina good place because Liverpool are playing well.

Kevevs
    Free Member

He’s as harmless as they come

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’d started to forget he existed. No big deal really as far as I am concerned.

chiefgrooveguru

It’s nice not having threads taken over by Elf all the time.

Agreed.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

Folk thought the patios was him being serious, it was a wind-up –

So have you been told where the bodies are buried?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I think folk would have taken him more seriously if he dropped the patois (struck me as a sign of immaturity). Undoubtedly an individual with some intelligence but bloody hell he did go on & on & on sometimes……

brakes
    Free Member

I imagine there’s a lot less of this going on in the world

spacemonkey

Folk thought the patios was him being serious, it was a wind-up – and clearly a very effective one, was not it, spacemonkey?

I’m guessing you mean pathos? Either way, he liked the sound of his own voice too much IMO and became too absorbed in performing to an his audience. Having said that, I’ve no doubt he’s a sound bloke one-to-one and I’d happily saddle up with him on trails any time.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sorry “patois”.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Which ‘gang’ is that then?

the big hitters.

fatmax

Bit of a COCK, nae loss…

Karinofnine

In the interest of balance

he is not the only thread-hijacker – no, almost all the threads get derailed, and by many different people

Lifer
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru – Member
    “It’s nice not having threads taken over by Elf all the time.”
    Agreed.

+12

spacemonkey

it was a wind-up

No, it was f^&%ing annoying and just not necessary.

iDave
    Free Member

fred who?

Jamie
    Free Member

the big hitters.

Ah….STW’s very own version of the Freemasons.

cynic-al
    Free Member

spacemonkey – Member
    it was a wind-up
    No, it was f^&%ing annoying and just not necessary.

LOL, see how well it worked? Get over it!

Woody
    Free Member

no, almost all the threads get derailed, and by many different people

Nail on head………….except others now get the chance. It’s called diversification or progression of discussion and IMO this place is considerably better for it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I read a dreadful thread about casual sex the other day.

I mean, the OP actually said “no” to a willing female!

spacemonkey

LOL, see how well it worked? Get over it!

Nothing to ‘get over’. Merely stating an opinion.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘So, can Fred/Elfin be allowed back now please?’ is closed to new replies.