Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • snow at glentress black
  • jedi

me and few of my mates are down this weekend. has the snow gone?
    anyone know?

thesurfbus
    Free Member

There is a tiny bit at the top of the black, but nothing to worry about.
    Tuesday night was very dry down there, which made the trails quite skittery, you will have to stick to the main (black/red/blue/green) trails as there are a lot of trees down on the secret trails, which spoils the fun.

Doug

bruneep

would it matter? just ride/push.

shirley you come up to GT? We go doon sooth

jonrambo
    Free Member

whats up wi ya jedi? u chocolate boy! can't u ride on ice an snow? ha! make it more interesting as it's way too easy anyway! u need to learn some skills sunshine.

trailertrash

Was there on Friday. there is about a mile of the black out of action due to snow, on the boundary trail. it's a walk, in to the field, back into the forest, on the bike, coast a bit, hike a bike, bit of a pain but also a nice adventure. a significant part of the black is out of action for forest operations too though so if you are going for the black then maybe plan innerleithen as well for a bit, to get the mileage in

jedi

its all riding bikes so i'm coming anyway. i was just checking thats all.

druidh
    Free Member

I was at GT this afternoon and the red is riding really fast (even for a donkey like me).

Stu_N

Spoke to a colleague who was down there on Sunday – he said the Boundary Trail still had a lot of snow on it (between mast and the quarry bit) and it isn't melting much at all, pretty pointless.

Black to Mast is (I think!) OK, you could then start the boundary trail but do the top of Ho Chi Min (down the firebreak where the boundary goes left), pick up Spooky Woods, Betty Blue and back across to Deliverance.

jedi

just back. rad weekend 🙂

jordie
    Free Member

Jedi did one of your group have a funny coloured orange hardtail with some big forks on the front???

jedi

yeah the monkey metal bike 🙂
    we spent all weekened bimbling but my mate paul was still ruined by day 2

jordie
    Free Member

I passed by your group at the mast that is the most people i have ever seen on the black .At that point i thought the snow had melted until the next corner! great day out first time this year up here i actually felt Hot 😆

jedi

heh heh. you were on your own. i remeber saying hi

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We did the boundary trail on Sunday, there has been up to 3 metres of snow up there according to one local. Looked like there was still about a metre left in places. Dusty-wet-dusty was the order of the day. First time down deliverance for about two years.

hels
    Free Member

Dirt at Glentress lovely at the moment, I went for a mince around the red on sunday, a layer of rain over the dust its just right !

jedi

hels,
    we rode inners black then s+l, broon etc.. at gt on sunday

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Zoom or bust, blue velvet twice, boundary trail, deliverance, spooky wood, down to pie run, mushroom pie twice, then red all the way to hub.

jedi

zoom or bust is fun

hels
    Free Member

Is zoom or bust the official name for that new section built for SXC 2008 ? Over the other side of the skills loop ??

jedi

yeah think so

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Aye, its a bit longer now so as to avoid the walkers path, starts off the forest road that the black starts from.

jedi

nice trail 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Yeah it is, noticed some trees had been cut down from the lower half which seems to have helped it ride a bit better. I like the transition from the smooth first half to the second half. It was bloody hard work digging that bit out.

Northwind

Yep, it's a bit weird when you switch from the perfect smoothness of the top bit to the rougher section. I somehow managed to avoid all the barrowing for that :mrgreen:

Looks a bit like this in fact

Northwind

Oops, double post

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Jedi, that has melted loads since the week before. The snow was so high we could stand on top of the way marker!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘snow at glentress black’ is closed to new replies.