Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Small compact but effective gps trackers for bikes? what's available
  • kaesae
    Free Member

Looking to buy something that I can stash on my bike and use to track it if needs be, anyone got any ideas about pre made systems or something I can use as a basis to create my own tracker?

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

If you mean like for when you bike is stolen?
    Yes I think the gadget show showed something along that lines, it worked on a Ipohne/smart phone, the bit on the bike would send a meassgae to the phone if the bike was moved and then you can track it.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEeQCe2F_1I[/video]

bugcab
    Free Member

The “thief” in the video is the inventor. Came up with it after having his bikes nicked in london all the time. Great idea. First one was developed in a rear cycle light but as that could be easily removed they have added it to the head tube.

kaesae
    Free Member

Saw the spy bike thing on youtube, the original version was a rear light, looks good has anyone used it?

Who’s the inventor? and does the company have anyone in the UK that sells these?

andyl
    Free Member

fantastic. Been wanting to do this for years.

d45yth
    Free Member

Kaesae – Integrated Trackers sell them, they’re based in London.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey, I’ve sent them an email but got a slightly odd reply, will try contacting them again tomorrow, might buy one and see what it’s like.

glenh
    Free Member

Surely insurance is cheaper if they are £99 each, especially if you’ve got more than one bike?

d45yth
    Free Member

Glenh – It depends how much your bike is worth. I think a lot of folks bikes on here will have pedals costing more than the tracker! I guess you would have one of these as well as insurance if your bike is into the thousands.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Small compact but effective gps trackers for bikes? what's available’ is closed to new replies.