Viewing 34 posts - 161 through 194 (of 194 total)
  • Slutwalking?
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

But comparing theft/burglary to rape? Are you serious??

Well why don’t you make the difference clear to me

was the start of it then goading of people who chose to not engage in explaining the difference, to you , between theft and rape. It seems unlikely that you do not know the difference and if you need it explaining to you I would be very concerned.Then there was the goading. It is not that bad but given the topic up for discussion it did not seem the arena for an stw style spat tbh.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

But comparing theft/burglary to rape? Are you serious??

I felt this was provocative and not well-spirited. i wanted him to clarify the points in which rape and burglary were different, after which we could explore the bits that were the same and see if we could work on the issues of susceptibility.

The choosing not to explain the difference, was choosing not to engage in a discussion in which the he had made some claims and patronised folks for not accepting them. Something he does regularly, yet returns to speak with authority

Cougar

Marty, to the DeLorean, we’ve gone Back To Two Pages Ago!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

mine? No, i was responding to the post above mine, and i think junkyard was responding to my post on the previous page

Edukator
    Free Member

Both you and Cougar have missed my point completely Emma. No I am not talking about ritualised BDSM with “safe words” to make the experience safe, thus removing any excitement for anyone seeking something unsafe. “Trust” has nothing to do with it either.

Rather than get angry about what I’ve written try browsing the psychology section of a public library. This will prove more enlightening than typing key words into Google picture unsafe search. I expected a knee jerk reaction rather than thought from some which is why I started with “Now something that won’t go down as well with some”.

As this clearly isn’t the place for cool-headed, detached debate I’ll go back to posting on politics and the environment.

Cougar

Whilst I take your point (now), I can assure you that I don’t need to visit a library for enlightenment, I know plenty of enlightening people.

And a couple of fairly ‘unsafe’ ones, come to that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I felt this was provocative and not well-spirited

fighting fire with fire was not wise and did not come over well. Far better to have said what you said above as a response than what you did post.

grum
    Free Member

No it doesn’t. It makes your argument ridiculous.Reductio ad absudum

I know, I’m just joining in with the general spirit of the thread.

emma82
    Free Member

typing key words into Google picture unsafe search.

What key words do you think I typed in then?

I think you are trying to say that there are some people who ‘like’ to be abused so if you go home with one of those people then they ‘cry’ rape that’s your own fault. I took issue with what you said because there is a big a difference between being dominated and being assaulted. People who I think you are referring to who might be seeking it are very unlikely to ‘like’ it, there will be a multitude of reasons behind them wanting the abuse and none of them positive. Someone who wants to be dominated or ‘mistreated’ (which is where I mentioned BDSM) because they actually enjoy it are unlikely to seek it then ‘cry’ rape. It’s use of the word ‘like’ in that sentence that annoyed me. I know a few women who have followed abuse. It’s devastating for them, they need it, attract it and sadly wont ever be away from it but they don’t ‘like’ it. Sorry if I’m still missing the point but it’s the word ‘like’ that I really didn’t like.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

fighting fire with fire was not wise and did not come over well. Far better to have said what you said above as a response than what you did post.

shuddup!

Cougar

emma82 > nail / head.

Woody
    Free Member

Honestly. If the police advised me not to wear shorts for a couple of weeks in case I got forcibly dry-bummed by a passing lunatic, I’d be going out in motorcycle leathers with a metal tea-tray stuffed down my pants.

I think you’d be safer if you just wore the leathers ?

Cougar

You’ll get some nasty friction burns there.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Turned into an interesting one after all, then a bit bitchy at the end. Worth a read.

Edukator
    Free Member

Did no-one else notice the spate of releases of convicted rapists in the USA (and elsewhere) when DNA testing became avaibable? Type “rapist cleared by DNA results” into Google and you’ll come up with tens of cases mainly concerning American blacks (waits to be flamed for racism for making this observation). The intriguing thing is that the evidence often also points to the real culprits and shows that there are a small number of serial rapists rather than lots of rapists in society. And some inexplicable cases.

In X% of US cases where rape charges are brought the primary suspect (often as identified by the victim) is cleared by DNA Testing (you Google for X). Some were raped but failed to correctly identify their assailant. Some though were simply false claims. Of the 100 – X% of cases where the DNA did match is it so unreasonable to think that some are also false claims where the real victim is the guy charged because the lady can’t face admitting that she had socially unacceptable sex with a socially unacceptable partner for socially unacceptable reasons. It’s not as black and white as the feminist groups that claim only 2% false claims would have us believe.

This report makes fascinating reading. Whilst in some cases the police simply got the wrong man in others it’s clear to me that the police and victim conspired to produce damning evidence to convict an innocent for reasons only known to the police and the “victim”.

Oh, and I still think that women should be able to wear what they like without it being a justification for unacceptable male behaviour.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Grum, comparison of ideas with hyperbole is not hysterical unless you read it as such. I’ve taken one area which is as frowned upon as the other and applied the same misguided opinion which seems emotive.

It was intentionally provocative (maybe I was asking for it…) but you appear to have misconstrued the point. The comparison is that it would be ridiculous to imagine the second example, as it is to consider in the original topic. Had you read the rest or are you just picking holes?

It’s a textbook method of measuring ethics, quite the opposite of hysterical.

Edukator
    Free Member

Perhaps IMF boss DSK should have read my above post before visiting the USA.

Well, what do you think? Did DSK do it, is he the victim of a gold diger or the victim of a consiracy?

Personally I’m having a great deal of trouble believing an old man managed to force a 32-year-old American chamber maid to give him a blow job. Doesn’t she have teeth?

Edit: My wife was talking with a business man that does business in the USA this morning. He takes care never to be alone in the company of a woman in America. To the point of getting out of a lift if he is in one and a woman gets in. Too many gold diggers willing to accuse of sexual assault to make a fast buck.

Cougar

Maybe he had a gun.

Edukator
    Free Member

That would figure in the charges if he had, Cougar. No mention of a gun or any other weapon.

Cougar

Maybe he told her he had a gun.

Edukator
    Free Member

DSK doesn’t generally use a gun. He has a reputation too:

The beeped name is DSK

However, this American incident is atypical.

Cougar

Je ne parle pas Francais.

Maybe he drew her a picture of a gun.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH *does cross face*

Some friends and myself walked across (we didn’t know) the red light bit in Paris a couple of years ago. the place was teeeeeeeeeeeeemimg with couples and groups of people from all over the place we were wearing Jeans, t-shirts etc no-one was dressed up we’d just ending up in an Irish bar till late we got followed at 3cm behind by a group of Asylum Seekers who were Arabic no idea were from who immediately started grabbing us and and saying all sorts of realt scarey stuff about slashing us in varioius places etc

WE HAD JEANS AND FLAT SHOES ON WE’D BEEN OUT ALL DAY SO HARDLY ANY MAKE-UP ON AND WERE NOT THAT DRUNK COZ WE’D RUN OUT OF MONEY

*gets off soap box*

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

ok, i’ll bite…
    how did you know they were seeking asylum? or Arabic?

Edukator
    Free Member

Arabic because they were speaking arabic among themselves?

Edukator
    Free Member

You won’t need to speak French before long, Cougar. Tristane Banon, the woman speaking in the vid I linked has finally decided to make her complaint official 9 years after DSK assaulted her in 2002. I’m sure it will be on the front page of the next edition of the Daily Mail.

Cougar

Maybe he had a gnu?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Dammit I thought I’d killed this thread.

Fred’s still quiet is not he?

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Because the French man who came to our rescue told us they were…. I don’t make sweeping generalisations if I didn’t know I wouldn’t have guessed…..

bigyinn
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

Fred’s still quiet is not he?
    Perhaps he’s learned to shut up rather than wind everyone else up?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Because the French man who came to our rescue told us they were…. I don’t make sweeping generalisations if I didn’t know I wouldn’t have guessed….

good to hear it, and neither does he I take it.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

fairy muff… was a very stressful evening to be honest wasn’t thinking too much about how PC the conversations were more on not getting slit from throat to ****………….

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

There is a world of difference between admiring glances and a bit of chat-up, compared with lewd verbal or physical assault.

People should not be sexually harassed because of their style of dress, or undress. I defend their right to do so; they are not sluts.

Nevertheless, revealing clothing on an attractive person is sexually arousing and the wearer should not be surprised if they notice some attention. Some people dress that way for that specific reason; others are being naive.

Could not a more defensible expression than “slutwalking” have been coined?

Edukator
    Free Member

Well, apparently the toothless gold digger discussed how to make the most money from Strauss-Kahn with her drug-dealing mate the day after claiming it was a forced blow job.

Everyone (except the lawyers) loses in the DSK case. Women in general who will be taken even less seriously when the cry “rape”; the prosecutors who over-reacted and look very silly; Strauss-kahn who lost his job and presidential hopes; the woman who is now shown up as serial liar who was money laundering seria for a drugs ring.

New York Times

Viewing 34 posts - 161 through 194 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘Slutwalking?’ is closed to new replies.