Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Skoda yeti, any views?
  • st

The search for a replacement car is getting there and one of the finalists is the Yeti.

Likely the 2L diesel in SE spec or above and new. Anyone got one and love or hate it?

I’ve had a test drive and it seems fine, it didn’t set the world on fire but ticked all the practicality boxes.

Ta.

lodious
    Free Member

I liked it, tried to buy one a last year, but there is a long waiting list so ended up with a Tiguan (same car w/different body).

st

Seems some variants are still up to 6 months in the waiting but I could have the one I’ve been looking at for January.

maxray
    Free Member

Tried it, also liked it but the waiting list and wanting to buy a 2-3 yr old car as opposed to new put paid to it. Father in law ordered the 2 litre diesel off the back of it though 🙂

markrh
    Free Member

I’ve had one for over a year now, its a petrol 1.2 with a dsg box, love it to bits 😀
    ’nuff said!

forge197
    Free Member

We have had one for over a year was an ex-demo 4×4 140bhp variant, the flexibility of it is genius, at the weekend it’s seats out bikes in the back on the dedicated bike rack. In the week it can carry 5. It easy to get the seats out, drives nicely, was good in the bad weather, handles ok it’s not a sports car but will do a spirited drive. We got 32k out the front tyres backs still original 18k service intervals.

Haven’t got any criticism of it even does over 40mpg can touch 50 if gentle

footflaps

GF had one as a company car (did work for Skoda) – very nice to drive. NB Long waiting lists on Yetis and also on most VAG Diesel engines (they all come from the same Skoda engine plant which is maxxed out).

stumpy01

Mate at work has one and really likes it. It’s the 1.2 TSI which is never gonna set the world alight, although at the same time works better than you imagine it might in what is quite a hulk of a car.

It seems practical, visibility is good, is economic and well equipped. He went for quite a high spec one that comes with bluetooth, voice activated this that and the other, leather seats etc.

I reckon the 4wd with the most powerful diesel would be great.

odannyboy
    Free Member

id say only buy one if you have no intention of using any of its off road capabilitys what so ever.

However,if you reguarly “take on” waitrose carpark when picking up a nice bottle of red and some antipasti cos clive and felicity are coming round, then its for you!! 🙄

stumpy01

odannyboy – Member
    id say only buy one if you have no intention of using any of its off road capabilitys what so ever.

However,if you reguarly “take on” waitrose carpark when picking up a nice bottle of red and some antipasti cos clive and felicity are coming round, then its for you!!

You are aware it comes in 2wd too, aren’t you?? 🙄

What’s wrong with 4wd anyway?

bigyinn
    Free Member

EVO magazine had one as a long term test car, despite not wanting to like it, they ended up really rating it.
    Its not a sports car or a proper offroader, but it does everything else very well.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s a better option than all the Faux 4×4’s out there (Kuga etc. I mean)

MrsBouys brother ordered one (the 4×4 one, he has a farm) at the end of Aug.. We’re waiting to see what it’s like.

mudshark
    Free Member

I thought Top Gear said it was good off road? Better to drive on the road than a Qashqai. I have a Roomster and thought about getting a Yeti instead but the Roomster has more space and is cheaper to buy and run. Maybe next time I’ll get a Yeti.

odannyboy
    Free Member

Im sure its great off road.what im saying is dont see the point in middle class wifey types buying on to ponce around town and pick up the kids from private school.just buy a regular car.

mudshark
    Free Member

Well I don’t know really – well I wouldn’t bother with a 4×4 version but I bought a Roomster as was better for my needs than, say, an estate and I see the Yeti as very similar but with better luxury levels and power and no doubt drives better. These crossover cars are meant to be a more sensible choice than SUVs that really do seem a bit silly for most.

stumpy01

odannyboy – Member
    Im sure its great off road.what im saying is dont see the point in middle class wifey types buying on to ponce around town and pick up the kids from private school.just buy a regular car.

Surely Skoda isn’t now perceived as a ‘snobs’ car??

I can definitely see the point in them; great design really.
    Skoda have ignored all the magazine nonsense about sporting, dynamic, roadholding etc. and produced a car that is genuinely practical and not bad looking – although it is quite colour dependant.
    It seems well priced, has good internal space without being massive, is fairly economical, practical for load lugging, has good visibility.

The only bad thing people really have to say about them is the waiting list…..

st

Thanks for the feedback all, and the off topic banter too.

As I’ve said the (2wd) options I’m considering are on around 8 weeks delivery and with an order placed the dealer will sort out a stop gap car if needed.

I have some opportunity to use as 4wd to get trail building tools out into our local woodland but it’s not crucial. What does appeal is the family friendly practicality and bike swallowing capabilities.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Traded our piece of crap Scenic in for a 1.4tsi se, love it. Plenty of space inside for us and the twins, can get a bike in the back, double buggy in a roof box and plenty of storage. Got 45mpg on the French motorways and getting good mileage around Guernsey.

Not going to set the world on fire but it was a good compromise between a practical family car and something that i could get a bike in. Plus it was very good value for the spec.

forge197
    Free Member

ST are you looking to put bikes in the Yeti if so how many?

With 4×4 get the off road button not 100% sure its standard on all models but it does work last year in a snowy and icey Mabie was heading down from the cafe and stupidly braked and started sliding, basically poor winter driving, hit the off road button, gear to neutral and it just sorted it all out using the electronics lovely.

Even in neutral and with off road on you can accelerate with the accelerator as it use the brakes it was brilliant.

darrell
    Free Member

you are not gonna believe this but a one year old diesel 4×4 costs 40k here in Norway

for a frakking skoda – may i mention Jasper Carrot

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Skoda yeti, any views?’ is closed to new replies.