Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • SJS cycles any good?
  • tails
    Free Member

Never used or heard of them before so are they good. Don't want to order to find the in stock item is not in stock as is often the case with smaller shops. Thanks in advance.

StirlingCrispin

They've been established for years and they're great for those hard-to-find items.

Never had any out-of-stock problems myself.

tails
    Free Member

Thankyou stirling, i have not heard of them but will give them a go!

cp

In the roadie and touring world they are huge. Been going since before time began. I've used them- no trouble at all.

s1m0n
    Free Member

Used them a few times. Very helpful. If in doubt about stock, just give them a call and they will double check for you.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

No problems for me, excellent service.

Wiredchops
    Free Member

Another plus here, get stuff for the touring tandem, superb shop. Self-actuating cantilever brakes, oh yeah!

wwaswas

their postage can be a bit steep on smaller items, ime.

I've used them a few times.
    Not the cheapest and they charge for postage, but they're about the best in the UK for Rohloff stuff.
    Sent me a wrong Rohloff tensioner bolt once. I emailed them and they sent the correct one and said not to bother sending the wrong one back as it was hardly worth the postage.

andyfb78
    Free Member

They are VERY helpful, have all that stuff you wish someone made but can't find and prices aren't too bad given their knowledge and help.

But they are not open at the weekend, including sat which is a right pain if you are thinking of buying a bike and want to go in to see them!!

I have found online to be a bit unsure, stock and product compatibility wise, so I've always 'phoned and found them really good.

woodsman
    Free Member

Exceptional service IME, especially buying a bike. I have mail ordered from them too, but always on the phone.

boblo
    Free Member

As above, very well known in touring/tandem circles. I bought our first tandem from them. Postage can be steep and service not quite as instant as Wiggle/Chainreaction.

Oh, and if you want to buy a new bike, be prepared to be brainwashed into buying a Thorne, the house brand. Robin Thorne owns the company and is intent on global domination – you should see his white cat 🙂

woodsman
    Free Member

I've got one of those

MrAgreeable

they are not open at the weekend, including sat which is a right pain if you are thinking of buying a bike and want to go in to see them!!

They're not really a "public" shop IME – if you know what you're after they are very helpful but you can't just go in and browse throught the warehouse. I've used their mail order with no problems and been riding with one of their staff, who was much handier on a bike than you might expect from the shop's mapboard-and-sandals image. 🙂

epicyclo

Very useful if you are looking for odd bits.

To be fair, I should point out that the bag the bolt came in had the right part number on it, so it looks like it was packed wrong by Rohloff themselves. Can't blame SJS for that.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘SJS cycles any good?’ is closed to new replies.