• This topic has 63 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nuke.
Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • **SINGLESTEED** Dodgy seller,,,**BEWARE**(AKA Tim Lott) **AVOID**
  • vermillion
    Free Member

I’d be contacting Paypal and telling them step by step what has happened. Otherwise my initial instinct is to dispute the original payment and only refund the “refund” when the dispute is settled in the OP’s favour. But I think getting Paypal involved, immediately, is the best bet.

Good shout Klumpy,,,and done. 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

grenosteve – Member
    Selling something you don’t own is wrong, pure and simple

Online retailers do this all the time.

I’ve had many occasions where I’ve ordered something “in stock” and then they turn round saying sorry it isn’t after all as they can’t get it from their distributor, and they’d taken the money up front so have to refund it.

Most the smaller online retailers work this way as they don’t carry stock. They don’t own the stock until they’ve put the order in with the distributor who give them a lead time and so they list it “in stock” maybe with a delivery date of a couple of days based on an assumption of when and if they can get it.

Many of the more professional eBayers I suspect also work on this basis.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Comparing an online retailer with a supply infrastructure to an individual with who sells THE SAME WHEEELS TWICE is to compare chalk and cheese.

Still surprised so many folk can make an excuse for him selling the same wheels twice and neither person receiving them

reedspeed
    Free Member

He’s the Nigerian fella who swindled my Aunt out of her life savings I bet, told her he was a Captain in the Army, just waiting for his war fund chq to clear….”barstards fawlty,shoot the lot of em !”.

lovelly fella, by all accounts, never met him, he was always too busy,or on his yacht !.

mike399
    Free Member
    stevied
    Free Member

Goes by the name titaniumtit on PB..

jekkyl

“if you could just paypal gift me the monies, I will get those wheels sent with a friendly courier straight away”

vermillion
    Free Member

pictonroad-member
    Can’t you borrow your mate’s old wheels?

No,,he sold them on to his mate

fd3chris
    Free Member

sounds to me like he could have a potential buyer for the whole bike and is hedging his bets now.

renton
    Free Member

If its the same chap on pinkbike then why do all his pictures say hes from gloucester but on here claims to be from inverness??

Mowgli
    Free Member

I nearly bought these wheels from Tim, but something didn’t sound quite right so I backed out just before hitting ‘send’. He was pretty annoyed and then quite rude when I explained why – it sounds like he was desperate for cash. I was going to collect in person later that week, but he was demanding payment up front. I think this whole carry on is a way he has used to borrow a few hundred quid for a week. Perhaps not an outright scammer, but certainly not someone I will deal with.

I have plenty of contact details and address for him if anyone is left out of pocket.

See this thread also

Still posting…

vermillion
    Free Member

I’ve received a polite Email from Tim and although there was no real explanation for this, he does seem genuinely apologetic. Also the original purchaser would’ve received his wheels yesterday had he not been on the school run when the postie came.
    So it’s pitchforks away from me and if it isn’t too much trouble,could the mods please close this thread now. Thanks

warpcow
    Free Member

Pitchforks are like the sgian-dubh for my kilt: it’s bad luck to put them away without them having tasted blood.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

I did buy the wheels a week ago. Tim kept me posted throughout the time and was busy with work commitments hence could not get to dismantling the wheels/cleaning and boxing them. I had regular updates from him during the week and the weekend when he was in the process of getting the wheels ready. I wasn’t in any hurry either.

Paid by paypal (goods and services), I did offer BT but we agreed on PP (G&S).

Parcel force 24hrs did attempt delivery yesterday but no one was at home.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Lets not get too carried away with the post-argument love-making, it still doesn’t explain why he also sold the wheels to vermillion. I speculated above that this was quite possibly a genuine mistake that hadn’t been handled very well, however I’m still keen to find out what the reason was for taking vermillions money when the wheels had been sold already.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what he said he still sold them twice. IMHO no one is that disorganised

wolfenstein
    Free Member

*sharpening pitchfork*

Can we go now?

craighill
    Free Member

its possible he sold them hoping/expecting to recieve payment via gift which he stated he wanted, when received it as goods&services, either refunded the money as he knew had no chance of being able to keep the money, or refunded via goods&services hoping being able to file a not recieved item claim, only time will tell which route he takes

wishiwascalledsteve

Sent you an email mate.

vermillion
    Free Member

Sent you an email mate.

Thanks

nealglover
    Free Member

what he said he still sold them twice. IMHO no one is that disorganised

And asked for PayPal gift on the second sale (when he didn’t on the first)

vermillion
    Free Member

This has actually worked out better for me,
    I’ve been contacted by a guy who read this thread and we’ve done a deal on the same wheels, with tyres, already set up tubeless and should be with me for the weekend so it’s not all bad 🙂

taxi25
    Free Member

I sold a frame twice once. The original sale went cold so I sold it to someone else. Next thing I know the original buyer out of the blue pays me via paypal. Its just people and lack of communication, it can happen.

nuke

should be with me for the weekend so it’s not all bad

Awaits “**WISHIWASCALLEDSTEVE** Dodgy seller,,,**BEWARE** **AVOID**” thread when wheels don’t arrive by weekend 😉

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘**SINGLESTEED** Dodgy seller,,,**BEWARE**(AKA Tim Lott) **AVOID**’ is closed to new replies.