Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Where you all riding this weekend then??
  • carlos
    Free Member

I’m hoping to shrug off the last grasps of the “whatever it is” I’ve had for the last couple of days (shivers, temps, banging head ache, sweats, all over aching body) and head down to the Berwyn Hills with a couple of ridding buddies. Not been round there before and pulled the loop out of an old mag, I did a bit of tweaking to cut out a chunk of the road stuff and it looks a good one. Either way its somewhere new and once its been ridden I’ll know weather to go back or not

So, where are you all heading???

sandwicheater

Hope to go for my first spin this year on Sunday morning. If it’s tipping it down may just go for a road spin. If not, blast in local woods. Either way, Huddersfield area.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

The whole family has been crook over Chrimbo so it will be my first ride out this year this weekend. Keeping it local to blow the cobwebs and stretch the legs gently.
    Alton Hampshire

jekkyl

Cheshire! night ride on Saturday.
    Aiming for distance over gnar or altitude coz where we’ll be riding there ain’t no hills!

br
    Free Member

Hope to go for my first spin this year on Sunday morning.

Eh? Fifth ride for us, though looking at the (snow) forecast it’ll be trail centre based – luckily Glentress is only 35 mins away 🙂

sandwicheater

Hope to go for my first spin this year on Sunday morning.

I know, 😳

Gary_M
    Free Member

Depends on the weather but planning a local mtb ride on Saturday and a couple of hours on the road bike on Sunday.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Either Greno/Wharncliffe for a play about or head upto Raincliffe near Scarborough and scope about for some new trails 🙂

andytherocketeer

Frankenstein’s Castle (again, as usual) if the weather is not too pants.

nbt

Les Menuires / Val Thorens 😉

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC says I’m free to go out in the appalling weather forecast for tomorrow morning, so we can get out as a family on Sunday.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Couple of training rides around the roads of west berkshire. If it’s not too soggy I may even break out the mtb for some local trails.

spacehopper

a slow plod around Dalby i think…

eskay

No ride Saturday but SQT at velodrome Sunday.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Going to get wind battered in the Peaks tomorrow. Probably the Edale loop.

Picking up a new (2nd hand) 29er tonight as well, so might have a pootle on that on Sunday.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Supposed to be riding up to Kielder on saturday evening, and bivvying on the top of Deadwater. Not bloody likely!

hjghg5
    Free Member

I’m not, I’m going to watch 6 day racing in Bremen instead.

ton

either barebones ford fiesta or a nice ride out to a nym pub with the wife.
    depends how I feel at 5.30 in the morning when the alarm beeps.

stewartc
    Free Member

Early morning solo ride around Lantua, hopefully get about 20-30km and 1k of climbing in before I have to report home.
    Flying to Singapore the next day and staying for some riding the following weekend (first time there)….bound to hurt something tomorrow to jinx that 🙁

Sundayjumper

Sunday will hopefully be first of the year for me too. First since July, for various reasons 😳

Crowthorne & Swinley, ‘coz it’s right on my doorstep.

binners

Just looking at the weather forecast, for weekend-long horizontal rain, on to what are already Somme-like quagmire conditions, I’m not any massive rush to get into the hills.

Having spent the other night dislodging inches thick of pennine filth from the bike. I absolutely ****ing hate this time of year! 🙁

tops5
    Free Member

Clwyds for us – should be bracing!

kraftyone
    Free Member

First ride of the year here – Whether or not I have defeated the man flu, I’ll be heading up the Quantocks on Sunday. Hope the winds died down a bit!

dexa

Third ride out on Sunday: Dartmoor, Hennock on to the reservoirs and over to Blackingstone rock.

eightyeight
    Free Member

I absolutely ****ing hate this time of year!

Initially it’s quite invigorating, if it’s not too cold and there some nice views to be had. But, yea, cleaning the bike is getting pretty bloody tiresome. Especially as my outside tap is broken so it’s a bucket of water job.

rooster42
    Free Member

Going to try and find some new trails in Grizedale to link up some old ones and make up a new loop.

bikebouy
    Free Member

NCN 2 like wot DrP did in’t Summer 😆

dknwhy

Swinley on Sunday for me. First time there too.

chambord
    Free Member

Saturday nowt, Sunday peak district, not sure where yet, somewhere which avoids most of the slop hopefully.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I absolutely ****ing hate this time of year!

Binners, I think you’ve just put me off all thought of getting the mtb out this weekend. It’ll be the road for me this weekend (or turbo if it’s properly grim.)

thestabiliser
    Free Member

*looks at weather*

Hmmmm.

*thinks about turbo trainer in shed*

Hmmmm.

*thinks about jobs to do*

Hmmm.

*thinks about looking after kids*

Hmmm.

*thinks about having a ‘breakdown’ and running off to New Zealand*

Aha.

*realises how much trouble he’d be in and aquiesces to an hour in the wet on the singlespeed*

Pah.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I wasn’t planning to ride at all but a colleague has just mentioned going for a spin so it will be 30ish miles around the lanes of Northamptonshire.

postierich
    Free Member

Will be riding to Elterwater on Sunday and riding a lot of cheeky seeing that the foul weather will keep the punters away!

Rich

chvck
    Free Member

Something in the area of, and including, nant-y-arian I expect. Hoping for wind assist up the hill to get there…

chambord
    Free Member

I have a new waterproof I need to test out so really I’m looking forward to it.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Swinley on Sat to claim some 2015 KOMs 😉

A ride with the club Sunday on the Downs, I’ve been promised secret dry singletrack.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Chambord, do you have a new spinnaker that needs testing too?

rocketman
    Free Member

Lots of Cannock today, got round quicker than usual and had enough time to fit some of the huge pile of bits that arrived while I was out. Out again tomorrow to try them out

Go me

stephenmacdonald43
    Free Member

inners tomorrow doing ews route 8th ride this year 😛 i brought in the new year with a night ride up GT

Alpha1653

I live in the mtb desert of far west Wales so if the weather’s good it may be a road ride. If the weather’s tonk then it’ll be on the rollers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Where you all riding this weekend then??’ is closed to new replies.