• This topic has 26 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Single track ! Is it all that ?
  • TheDBF
    Free Member

I cam across a bit of single track on Saturday while up at Loch Odrie and thought it was murder, so why do people make a big deal of single track, cause this one was hellish, thank christ if was mainly downhill.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Ha ha good one, 0/10.

j_me
    Free Member

ha ha – bit boggy was it 🙂

duntstick
    Free Member

Uh! Stick to trail centres………..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

TheDBF
    Free Member

WTF ! 🙄

grumm
    Free Member

I like a bit of singletrack, but I also like it when you can make line choices, and ride different lines down the same bit of trail every time. So yeah, singletrack is overrated 🙂

rs
    Free Member

this looks terrible! Not me but i want to ride that!

yesiamtom
    Free Member

were you using a 2.2 high roller in clay on the front and a nobby nic pumped up to 50 psi on the rear or something?

when i see singletrack i think “**** yes singletrack” every single time.

Bad troll. move along.

TheDBF
    Free Member

It was hellva overgrown, barely room for a tyre width, I honestly hated it

rubberneck
    Free Member

tis broad as it is long !

meehaja
    Free Member

singletrack is over rated, I prefer “no track” Following the lay of the land, dodging trees and being cheekier than a cheeky trail rider. Or following sheep tracks. Sheep know a good trail when they see one!

_tom_
    Free Member

Singletrack is the only type of cross country riding I really find enjoyable (stuff like that pic rs posted looks great). Big wide tracks and grassy descents aren’t very fun to me

shortcut

There is good singletrack and bad singletrack like there are nice puddings and rice puddings.

Personally I like my singletrack nice and woody and twisty and swoopy. I have no problems with steep, up or down or indeed technical. There is however awful singletrack and that is usually very muddy or over grown with nettles and brambles.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Pah you Jessie, you should try pedalling along coastal paths, it’s like 150m technical climb followed by 150m of downhill repeat but I’ll keep quiet about the cronic erosion caused by walkers which results in pedal strikes at pretty much the most exposed section!

llama

I know lots of doubletrack that is very interesting.

votchy
    Free Member

I like the magazine 😀

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol votchy !
    .. i like singletrack cos… “i live in the home of singletrack” area !!!! 😉 :mrgreen:

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Overated, I quite like some bits of Swinley where you can take any one of 4 different lines into a corner. There’s usualy at least 2;

1) higher, slower, more roots, less grip, but turn in early and get a good run into the next straight.

2) lower, faster, smoother, more grip, but you’ll have to brake and won’t carry any speed into the next section.

Choice is good 🙂

highclimber
    Free Member

nothing quite like a bit of singletrack. I do enjoy the uncertainty of rutted double tracks though but nowhere near as much as narrow steep winding singletrack

NEXT….

molgrips
    Free Member

Singletrack just means how wide the trail is. Nothing else.

But yes, troll.

JonR
    Free Member

High sided singletrack can be a pain in the bum but finding something like the above picture can be an almost religious experience.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Overated, I quite like some bits of Swinley where you can take any one of 4 different lines into a corner. There’s usualy at least 2

i think that this could still be singletrack.

I was under the impression that singletrack meant that only one rider could fit, doubletrack means you can ride side by side. this means you can still have line choice.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i think that this could still be singletrack.

I think of singletrack as meaning only one line choice, like trail centers.

I was under the impression that singletrack meant that only one rider could fit, doubletrack means you can ride side by side. this means you can still have line choice.

no, you can fit 2 riders side by side, just a case of deciding who’s got the biggest balls and who’s going to brake latest :p

thomthumb
    Free Member

I think of singletrack as meaning only one line choice, like trail centers

what trail centres? most have line choices do they not?

molgrips
    Free Member

I think of singletrack as meaning only one line choice, like trail centers.

a) no
    b) trail centres aren’t only one line choice!

Anyone who slags off the riding at trail centres must not know how to ride I reckon.

ahwiles
    Free Member

singletrack:

it’s awesome.

D0NK

rutted singletrack frustrates me cos I keep hitting the sides and go off balance, if I coudl ride it better I’d probably enjoy it more. My fave stuff is steep rocky, pick your own line.

But then after SSEC I rode the lawnmower and I rode it well…WOW, freaking awesome. Good singletrack ridden well is quite a moving experience.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Single track ! Is it all that ?’ is closed to new replies.