Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Single-speed Anthem?
  • krixmeister

I’m thinking of going single-speed on my Anthem for a while, to see what it’s all about. If I put the Pro-Pedal switch on on the shock will it be OK, or is single-speed on full-sus (except for those frames with suspension pivot concentric with BB) rubbish?

thepodge
    Free Member

there were a few anthems at SSWC and my trance is currently singlespeed

the problem I did have was finding and setting up a tensioner that takes up enough chain and still allowed enough wrap around the rear cog.

MrPottatoHead

If you just want to try it, can’t you just not change gear for a few rides and see how you get on?

wwaswas

I’ve used a Rohloff DownHill tensioner on my Giant NRS;

it’s more sprung than any derailleur I’ve ever used and I’ve had no problems with tensionas the suspension moves.

krixmeister

Thanks for comments – I’ll check out the Rohloff tensioner.

@MrPottatoHead – good point, you would think I would be able to, but currently the Anthem is in bits as I took the drivetrain off it for my On One C29er Race. So hope was I could save some cash and build up single-speed for awhile – but wanted to get the STW wisdom on it before I fork out for cog/spacers (instead of cassette) and tensioner (instead of derailleur).

I do already have a 32 tooth Widgit, as I previously ran the Anthem as 1×10, but still need to get some cheap cranks to fit as well…

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

use a road rear mech for tensioning your FS SS bike…

krixmeister

@Manchester Trev – Hmmm, hadn’t thought of that. Is that cheaper than a purpose-designed tensioner, and allow for enough wrap around cog?

thepodge
    Free Member

old mechs work fine they just look a bit special

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Single-speed Anthem?’ is closed to new replies.