Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Single Speed 29er frame for £800?
  • BondJamesBond
    Free Member

need advice what should i get.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Preference for material? Steel,titanium,plastic?

rOcKeTdOg

bamboo?

BondJamesBond
    Free Member

plastic would be nice

Blackhound

I would be tempted by a Niner SIR9 though I haven’t ridden one – always get good reviews. Charles would see you right:

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/userimages/procart10.htm

(About half way down page)

BondJamesBond
    Free Member

ow niner looks nice
    now what forks do i fit
    its a 21st birthday present from me to me

Rorschach
    Free Member

Plastic basically narrows your choice to one-onone to be precise.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Self pressies get better as you get older,I’m getting me a salsa Selma titanium for my 38th. You’re far too young for a 29er ss btw-come back when you’ve growd up some more. Actually come to think of it-SalsaSelma,it’s a bit plastic.

BondJamesBond
    Free Member

i looked at the selma ti but i didnt like the way the drop out bracket looked

boxelder

now what forks do i fit

Niner ones, surely

Rorschach
    Free Member

There’s a scandium/carbon selma with an ebb aswell.

RealMan
    Free Member

Maybe?

hughjardon
    Free Member

Save up a bit more and get yourself a Niner Air 9 Carbon for your 22nd Birthday?

You wont regret it!

tazzymtb

get a lovely Chinese carbon 29er frame for a few hundred dollars. 😀

silly light and you can get a lovely weave finish as well rather than poncey graphics.

forks are only 550 grams, with a taper steerer, post mount and a 46mm offset.

BondJamesBond
    Free Member

tazzymtb where do i buy them fe?

tazzymtb

have a looky on the tinterweb axman manufacture carbon 29er frames and there are some direct from china sales as well where you can spec dropouts, post mount or disc etc.. funnily enough the same factories make the carbon 29er frames for folks like spesh, felt, etc.. so there are some incredible similarities for about a quarter of the price.

I’m looking at importing at the moment. I especially like the axman geary 29er because of the internal cable routing and an 1150g frame weight. It may be my new 1X9 race machine 😀

Clink

I’m looking at importing at the moment. I especially like the axman geary 29er because of the internal cable routing and an 1150g frame weight. It may be my new 1X9 race machine

Just what I’m after – let me know any more info you have! 😀

tazzymtb

here you go clink

axman carbon 29er

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Just looking at the geometry on MTBR, looks perfect for me too. We should get a group buy going 😉

29erconvert
    Free Member

I got an on-one Inbred, and imo its a very comfy bike. Ive been rinding it fully ridged and single speed over the winter with no problems! also been night riding around dalby red route and done it as quick as me full susser!

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FTOO26INRL/on-one-inbred-rolling-chassis-mtb-frameset-kit

29erconvert
    Free Member

sorry wrong link check this one out
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/c/q/bikes/29er-mountain-bikes

happy hunting!!!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Single Speed 29er frame for £800?’ is closed to new replies.