Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Sicko :(
  • spacemonkey

Can’t even bring myself to click on the link.

It’s not civilized to kill creatures like that, not humane and yet our culture isn’t civilized anyway, as long as they exist in it!

I’m always up for selective culling.

McHamish
    Free Member

Jesus…has this thread turned into the Me-ME-Me show too?

I’d hate to invite you to a funeral…you’ll probably turn the wake into a discussion about you.

bullheart
    Free Member

I stiull don’t see how my post would upset a rational victim. If all they seek is revenge then they need help too IMO.

That is a particularly stupid comment. It lacks empathy and understanding. I’m pretty sure that it was a case of ‘Mouth Engaging Before Brain’.

Although you are a wind-up merchant Al, I’m sure even you’d admit to how clumsy that sounds.

xiphon
    Free Member

All it takes is one person ‘inside’ to hear about it, and remember his rather unique name (in a British prison anyway..).

Plus the nature of the crime would tend to stick in someone’s head when they hear about it.

He’s going to be living in fear for the rest of his life, especially inside.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL @ CM

RD – please point out where I have sided with peadophiles? Yes, sorry but this will require you to read my posts first!

GT you seem to see my point. Part of recovering from abuse would be getting past purely wanting revenge would it not?

Yep OK I could’ve worded it better but my points are:

(i) folk react so strongly in any discussion about child abuse (often those that have not experienced it) that any rational discussion or even reading posts properly goes out the window – perfectly displayed on this thread.

(ii) paeds were victims themselves once…I’m not saying that’s an excuse, but I believe a civilised society should be judged on how it treats its criminals (and victims). My understanding is many paeds are “wired up wrong” and that cannot be changed – to them they do not have the correct understanding of right and wrong. I don’t think killing them/sending them to ton’s house etc is appropriate, I doubt any of you Daily Mail types will ever convince me otherwise.

And if any of you equate this with taking the piss out of TJ, a grown man who assures me his self esteem is well intact, you really need to get a grip.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Blimey Charlie Haille Sellasie I; I agree with Cynic-Al! 😯

Because unlike most of the knee-jerkers on this thread wanting to show what big tough men they are for wanting to kill a nonce, he’s actually gone and thought carefully about things, then posted an intelligent, reasoned response.

As opposed to this:

****, why is he allowed to live? Pour petrol all over him and light a match.

Anger and rage is perfectly understandable in cases such as this; in fact I believe it may well be a natural instinct to protect, and remove damaging elements from society.

But much of this kind of talk is being tough and hard by proxy, over the internet, from behind a keyboard.

‘Look at me I’m a top bloke cos I’d kick in a nonce, me’.

Yeah, well done, whatever.

Personally, I think the really tough and brave people in situations such as this are the doctors and psychologist etc, who have to deal with the consequences of such incredibly abhorrent actions, and deal with such a ‘monster’ in a calm, rational and professional manner. I don’t know how they can do it, quite frankly.

So, well done Al for posting your comments, and helping create some sort of more intelligent debate than the usual ‘torture and kill the fecker’ type crap that usually gets spouted over such issues.

My thoughts go to that poor innocent little child. I hope she can recover and go on to lead as normal a life as possible. Energies should go into making her life better, and happy, not into wanting to exact some sort of ‘revenge’.

RealMan
    Free Member

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not trolling at all Realman – is what I am saying so alien to you you can’t comprehend it? And you’re at university?

Oh no, Fred agrees?

RealMan
    Free Member

I refer you to my earlier post.

GrahamS

So, well done Al for posting your comments, and helping create some sort of more intelligent debate

+1

Interesting to see people calling for this guy to be tortured/killed, when many of the same folk didn’t approve of Bin Laden being killed and expressed concerns about Gaddafi. 😯

spacemonkey

JFTR, I know a fair few arseholes (inc the really sick type) who’ve passed through our glorious justice/penitentiary system and come out none the better for it. In fact, most are happy to continue as they were.

Coming from a coaching background, I’m all for ‘re-education’ et al. However, from my discussions with people ‘on the inside’ (CID, CP, young offenders etc) lead me to believe there are far too many flaws in the way such methods are utilised. Too much focus on “you’re the problem sonny … I’m going to fix you my way or else …” instead of giving the perp a voice and having them unravel their own shit themselves etc. Which ultimately seems yet another waster of tax payers’ money …

“Let’s charge this person … lock ’em up … give ’em a few mod cons and a cushy life … have a chat about where they’re going wrong … no, let’s TELL THEM where they’re going wrong … add a dollop of bullshit counselling … release ’em …” All for a few £thousand. Nice. And if they do it again, we’ll just do the same.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Elfin – as normal, you come across with a fair view and argument (what ever did happen to you on that one given your previous incarnations?)

But remember there are two views on retribution here – some just saying ‘I’d kill him to death, he deserves it, scum’ and those saying ‘If I was the father I would kill him to death and not really be in control of my actions’ which are two entirely different things.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah I understand that, Winegums; surely the instinct to protect children is what drives such rage against paedophiles, but as I said; energies should be concentrated on helping the victims of such awful crimes, not towards gaining some sort of primal satisfaction.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I agree.

I was just saying that they are two entirely different rages. If I went and bludgeoned someone to death with a rolled up Women’s Weekly (thank you Victoria Wood) because he interfered with a stranger’s child then I am just as mad as the perpetrator. If one of my own daughters was interfered with I am quite sure I would do something out of sheer emotion – the word ‘primal’ you used was very appropriate as I think it would be a primal urge.

On a slightly different subject but I can see a clear connection – my younger brother (aged about 14 at the time) was once started on by some much older people – two of them – in an entirely unprovoked attack. Thankfully my older brother was there too so we reacted and I was halfway through stoving this lad’s head in before I really knew what I was doing. That sort of reaction would be multiplied hugely in the above circumstances.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Sicko :(’ is closed to new replies.