Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Show me your………….lunch boxes!
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Looking for a bit of of inspiration.

Day generally involves a 4 mile commute each way (getting home 5pm ish). We generally don’t eat until 7.30-8pm ish after putting the kids to bed.

My lunch today was bag of twiglets (eaten at 10am), ham and coleslaw sarny on brown bread, apple and kiwi and a toffee yoghurt.

I’m gnerally hungry when I get home, so I think I could do with something that keeps me fuller for longer, or some healthy snack mid-afternoon.

Breakfast is noramlly weetabix and branflakes with a banana.

Mondays I try to get a pre work swim in. Tuesdays I have a night ride, but just starting TTs. Wednesday is post work run day (approx 5 mile).

I’m looking to lose about 4-5kgs still but seem to be on a plateau as I think I’m eating the wrong things when I get home as I’m so hungry from not a great lunch.

So, what do you recommend? Nothing too expensive – times are hard and I have 2 kids!!

Stoner
    Free Member

Bento box

Got one of these for Mrs S for her birthday.
    Made up an extra portion of quinoa and lamb curry last night, she takes it to work, quick blast in the microwave at the office, and a decent lunch for her.

Cougar

Flask of soup?

Do you have cooking / reheating facilities? We’ve a microwave at work, so my lunch is often “last night’s leftovers”; if I’m cooking a meal, I’ll make an extra portion to take in the following day.

dogbert
    Free Member

binners

scaredypants

no offence binners but that’s a miserable portion you’ve got there

(unless, of course, the chips are 10 inch by 1 inch and are far away)

Cougar

They look like frozen chips, too. Harry Ramsden’s?

ourmaninthenorth

Rather than a work canteen, I’d rather like the idea of a dabbawallah (aka tiffin wallah) system of food delivery. Amazing..!

Wiki link

rocketman
    Free Member

You need a low G.I. diet to help prevent the cravings that come with variations in blood sugar – unlimited quantities of beans, vegetables and fish/lean meat.

There is also a lot of water in the food we eat and quite often our brains are confused and tell us to eat when we’re thirsty. Apart from drinking lots of water, next time you feel ‘hungry’ wait 5 mins; if you still feel hungry, have a glass of water. If you still feel hungry after that, have some beans/veg/fish/chicken etc.

ASk yourself about your food. If it’s processed it’s not food.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

You want a graze box
    Enter 4CD1YFMD to get 1st box free. 🙂

binners

You can amuse yourself with the toy for the rest of lunchtime. Its a win/win

thomthumb
    Free Member

My lunch today was bag of twiglets (eaten at 10am), ham and coleslaw sarny on brown bread, apple and kiwi and a toffee yoghurt

😯

so far i’ve had a roast beef sarnie. i have a bananna but i’m not hungry.

glenh
    Free Member

so far i’ve had a roast beef sarnie. i have a bananna but i’m not hungry.

Freak! I’ve had a bunch of grapes, a big slice of cake, a banana, an apple and a big pot of couscous with veg and I’m still starving 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Freak! I’ve had a bunch of grapes, a big slice of cake, a banana, an apple and a big pot of couscous with veg and I’m still starving

Not bloody surprised..!

*iDave disciples to the thread*

rossi46
    Free Member

OT: Japanese Lunchboxes

Here’s one i made earlier- those Japs are mad! Amazing lunches though 😯

glenh
    Free Member

Not bloody surprised..!

*iDave disciples to the thread*

What is this iDave and how does it affect my lunch?

I also had some haribo tangfastics if that helps?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Not got a camera phone on me, but mine is pretty similar to the one on the left…

miketually
    Free Member

Breakfast today was sourdough toast with beans and sausages and some chorizo that needed using up. Lunch was a mixed pasta/bean/veg salad thing from the student servery, followed by a fruit salad. Tea will be whatever the wife cooks.

I try not to eat anything at all between my tea (usually finished eating by 6pm) and breakfast (usually about 7:20). I’ve not starved to death yet. I think we eat too much and too often.

I’m not doing iDave, but I think a lot of it makes a lot of sense and it is influencing when/what I’m eating. As did that TV programme about insulin response and fidgeting the other week.

rossi46
    Free Member

Marmite and baked bean sandwich courtesy of my Breville Toasty maker 😀

theteaboy
    Free Member

rossi46 – Member
    Marmite and baked bean sandwich courtesy of my Breville Toasty maker

That sounds amazing. I want one!

I find that if I start eating a little bit of junk/ high gi stuff I crave more throughout the rest of the day.

I’ve been having a few blanched almonds each day this week and they seem to do the trick.

topangarider
    Free Member

Seems like there’s some big lunches/breakfasts there?

So drop the processed crap and start with the mixed fruit and nut? Trouble is, not that big a fan of dried fruit.

How do you do lean fish/meat on the cheap? Maybe a sald made with a tin of mixed beans? (NOT in tommy sauce!!)

Should I be having more breakfast?

rossi46
    Free Member

That sounds amazing. I want one!

It hits the spot every time- try one you’ll be hooked 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Takes up the footwell of my pick-up. Currently contains a bottle of Evian, a flask, coffee, sugar, milk, cup soups, Sainsburys salad boxes – one full of melon, seeds & raisins and natural yoghurt; the other various mixed salad stuffs. I have a variety of pastas, lentils, edamame beans, noodles, peppers, chick peas etc. Also in there some peppered hot smoked salmon, a go ahead bar, a packet of snack a jacks, brown sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Show me your………….lunch boxes!’ is closed to new replies.