Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Show me your………………………..Giant Anthems
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

go on

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Go on then…

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

Just got my new SID teams last week but havent got round to fitting them yet

thepodge
    Free Member

when the cycle to work thing comes through (if ever) i cant decide between the anthem and the trance.

rolfharris
    Free Member

I started out with a Scott Scale in 2008 and wasn't that taken with it, but I have this now and it is a mind blowingly good, fast bike. I love riding it, it makes climbing easy and it's very capable on descents (I wanted to fit a set of Magura Thors to it but think it may die).

24.5lbs as built.

richmars

DanEvs
    Free Member

Not an Anthem but a Trance Advanced. Close enough? 😀

nuke

This thread has convinced me…I want 😀

Anyone know where I can get an '09 Anthem X 2 in medium?

dickie
    Free Member

2008 Giant Anthem Advanced carbon frameset in medium, black/silver, Fox RP2 shock serviced July 2009 by TF Tuned.
    Excellent condition, a few scuffs etc to laquer coat, includes headset & seatpost clamp.
    Had an aluminium version & it was fanastic, but this is far better – lovely ride quality & stiffness.
    Selling due to reduction in bike numbers & being ever so slightly to small for me.
    £725 posted, or £700 collected.

Email in profile – pixs on request

jay_tht
    Free Member

Great bike

vrapan
    Free Member

This thread has convinced me…I want

Anyone know where I can get an '09 Anthem X 2 in medium?

I don't think you can anymore. Was looking for a small one myself a couple months ago and wherever I looked I couldn't find any. Found in a couple places online but when I called they said there was no stock and it was a mistake having left it on the web site.

Having said that the new frame is 895£ so you have 700£ for parts 😉 -I built one up but still needs some new forks and wheels before I show it up here – or just get the 2010 X3 a few iffy component choices but you can upgrade those in time, let alone that even mine with crappy forks and wheels rides sooooo nice 🙂

gonetothehills
    Free Member

'09 Anthem X build here for you – currently running Revs at about 115mm – top, top bike. Only the frame and headset are original, I think – just bought if for the frame.

nuke

Yeah think you're right vrapan. I've got all the bits aside frame so, instead of X2 09, intend to get the X3 09…can get the whole bike for under £900 then strip and sell.

After the X thanks dickie

gonetothehills – is that an X3? Got some 08 Rev U-Turn which I think would suit well (aside that they are white)

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Anyone above about 5ft 10 – 6ft 1 ish? Just wondering what size would best suit me (I'm bang on 6ft), looking at the geometry it would seem that i'd be a bit in between sizes, the medium and the large.

starseven
    Free Member

I,m 5'11" and 3/4's and find the medium perfect. The anthem seemed quite long compared to others I tried certainly longer than a trance in medium.

They come with a 100mm stem and a set back post and I,m considering a shorter stem, so I reckon a medium would be fine.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Hi nuke – yes, it's the X3. Got the whole bike for not much more than the frame-only cost, stripped it and rebuilt it – very pleased with it, and the only difference between that frame and the frame-only is the shock. The lockout would be good though (on the RP23 that the frame-only has), but it still works very well in spite of not having it.

Can't recall if my Revs are '07 or '08, but they're the 100 – 130mm ones and they work great at 100mm uphill or down, but at 115 / 120mm it's a wicked bike for XC downhills.

I'm just about 5' 11", shortbread-fanylion and run a medium with a 90mm stem and low rise, wide bars – works well, and gives a good, 'all day' ride position that's comfy but works well on techy stuff too. I did find it a touch twitchier than I thought it might be, with the stock stem and some 100mm Rebas that I put on it to start with, but the shorter stem (it could handle 80 or even 70 I should think) and longer forks have made it more confident on the steps / drops and steeper downhills.

Built up with a short-ish stem, wide bars, longer forks it strikes me as a very good do-it-all bike for most XC stuff. I thoroughly enjoy it.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Thanks starseven, might have a hunt around for a second hand one.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I've just bought an X3 from Pauls

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b4s1p2274&tbv=GIANT_ANTHEM_X_3_BIKES_Mountain_Bikes_-_Full_Suspension

Going to change the forks, cranks, wheels and brakes for my own, and sell the rest on, not bad for £825!

ace_sparky
    Free Member

Built this up not so long ago, since then it's had new Easton EC70 monkeylite cnt bars and a set of XTR spd's. Might look at changing a few other bits next year if any good deals come my way but everything is fine at the minute. Very fast bike though, especially going up 😉

dickie
    Free Member

Plumzrichard – what wheels are you running – how much?

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

stans ztr white rims on xtr hubs with dt comp spokes in silver and black.
    not sure on price but i imagine about £750ish.

fantastic set of wheels.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Show me your………………………..Giant Anthems’ is closed to new replies.