Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Show me your Evil Sovereign
  • heihei

Anyone got one? Thoughts??

slowrider
    Free Member

mine

s'nice 😀

heihei

Oh that's nice! I've bought the 853 frame that was on Ebay in green so am excited about building it up. Will start with Pushed Pikes and see how I get on!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Slowriders bike is very nice indeed.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Mine 4 rides old now and loving it, awesome bike.

slowrider
    Free Member

grumpystevo's MADE me buy mine.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

we have one in the shop and i want it.

slowrider
    Free Member

whats changed from that one to the new one besides tubing and price? is the geo any different? i was tempted by the green, ive always wanted a green bike.

Frizzer
    Free Member

Just waiting for my frame to be delivered. Can't wait to get it built up!

heihei

whats changed from that one to the new one besides tubing and price? is the geo any different?

From what I can tell, that's about it! The recent MBUK review got me interested, so have been keeping an eye out for one. Paid just under £300 for it which seems pretty good value. Should get it at the weekend and am keen to see how it compares to my 456 and my mate's Dialled.

chameleon78
    Free Member

Isn't the geometry tweaked on the 2010 version?

heihei

Doing a quick google, yes it is a bit – main difference seems to be 1deg steeper seat tube and 0.5" longer chainstays.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

okay, but its not mine anymore, sold the frame to fortunateson09 on stw but as he is a student (the great unwashed) 😉 i don't think he has been able to build it up yet…

loved mine with pikes on and a big betty up front, it had a great low centre of gravity feeling to it, but the 16" seat tube was just too small for my long legs!

slowrider
    Free Member

i must have missed the mbuk review, which issue? ill see if anyone i know has it.

heihei

They're on Bikeradar…..

Old

New

slowrider
    Free Member

cheers. I dont know why i bothered reading it lol, they manage to gush enthusiastically without really saying much. Still, im happy with it!

batman11
    Free Member

Hi all yeap can't say enough got mine last july one of the first out there great frames, got it built up with 2010 fox 140mm vans and the hammerschmit system. Built like a tank rides like one to lol.
    Bat.

brakes
    Free Member

How much does the frame weigh?

slowrider
    Free Member

its chunky, my large was 5.7lbs

chunkypaul
    Free Member

i'm sure my size long was over 6lbs

slowrider
    Free Member

weird. im sure a tubing change would make a difference but i would have thought in your favour!

im not stripping it down to check though!

fully built mine is 31.5 w/ardent 2.4's, 33.4 w/ dual ply 2.4 big bettys

Schweiz
    Free Member

heihei

Anyone happen to know if the original 853 frame is supposed to have a shimmed seatpost? Frame arrived today and am well pleased, but comes with a shimmed Thomson post and wondering if that was original spec.

accu
    Free Member

as far as I know…shimmed was original spec….

BIGMAN
    Free Member

i have a large for sale!!

anotherstan
    Free Member

schweiz, lol 😆

Jim-bob
    Free Member

Has anyone got a medium? Just wondered how tall everyone is riding one? Not sure if a medium is going to be too big for throwing around being just over 5'9" or whether I should go for a small?

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

Shimmed was the original spec, yes.

mine….

It's a bit tider now I've dremelled out the stops to take the full length outers. It's also getting a 32 TALAS on the weekend (Evil told me I couldn't fit a 36 Booooo), not sure how that's going to work out yet but I got a good price on it and if it's not burly enough I'll put the pike back on and save teh TALAS for the Spider 2 build I have planned later in the year

differences from '08-'09 afaik
    dropouts have changed (used to be 2 position and slidey, now 1 position and slidey)

4130 instead of 853/725
    now available in sizes instead of just short/long
    afaik geom is unchanged, which is a GOOD thing!

Frizzer
    Free Member

Jim bob – Member
    Has anyone got a medium? Just wondered how tall everyone is riding one? Not sure if a medium is going to be too big for throwing around being just over 5'9" or whether I should go for a small?

I emailed the guys at Evil and asked a similar question. I'm just about 6' and they recommended I got a large frame. They also sent me a geometry list as well with recommended sizes by height. A medium is supposedly good for 5'6" to 5'11"

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Evil Sovereign’ is closed to new replies.