Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • show me your Enduros!!
  • renton
    Free Member

ive just bought an 05 enduro and would like to see some more piccys of enduros in different builds to get an idea on whats good to upgrade etc!!!

would like mine to be a bit lighter ………

show me yours then

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I've got a 2004 frame sat in the garage gathering dust. Not got any picks of it built up though. Shame besause it was a cracking bike.

The old one, with nothing special done to it. Awesome bike, but became a pain to drag round.

The new one – awesome bike that isn't a pain to drag around.

renton
    Free Member

they are both very nice bikes….. was/is there much difference in the weight then??

mudshark
    Free Member

renton – Member
    they are both very nice bikes….. was/is there much difference in the weight then??

Cheers, don't have the '06 anymore, as it was sold to part finance the new one. About 6lb (and £1200) difference.

renton
    Free Member

6lb!!!! you serious

Yeah, but don't let that put you off. The '05/06 was fine for me when I got it, but faster friends and falling fitness levels saw me struggle with it. If you're reasonably fit you'll not notice it and it's a blast downhill. A decent platform shock would make a difference (the pro-pedal on my DHX 4.0 was a pain in the arse).

34lb for the '06 and 28lb for the '08 btw.

renton
    Free Member

im a fatty anyway and ive just come from a heavy hardtail.

mines got the 5th shock on it .

bikesr4riding
    Free Member

Here's mine. Lovely. And a load more detailed pictures of her here.

finners

neilsonwheels, you selling? 🙂

rs
    Free Member

Weighed in around 33lbs, was a great bike. Now have an dialled alpine 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

When I first got the frame I just stuck on all the kit from my HT including 130mm Recons it was ok but not great. It started with a 5th air but I blew that so I put a DHX 3.0 air on but that was rubbish and got stuck down so I sold that after fixing it.

The most fun setup that I had on it was with some 05 66rc' set at 170mm the bike was a blast but very heavy and terrible on the climbs. The shock here is a custom tuned vanilla r giving the full 150mm of travel and a decent platform.

I swapped those out for Wotans and while still fun it was lacking and also still heavy but better climbing thanks to the adjustable forks.

I sold the whole bike like that because it was too heavy to drag around everywhere and I couldnt afford a hardtail at the time. I would quite like another one but I would build it up with Pikes and a 200×50 RPsomethingorother (on the high bb shuttle) and a relatively light build. That would shorten the rear travel and slacken it off nicely but not too much for it to be a dog when climbing but it would be ace for the tight flicky woody stuff and DH sections. A dropper post wouldnt be needed for this setup but I would reccormend one if your going to be running it as an all day bike with the current rear shock and some 150mm (or bigger) forks.

Any questions please ask.

chopperT
    Free Member

Old skool I'm afraid, but can't see any reason to part with it. Always a pleasure to ride.

grayzeee
    Free Member

that saddle is well and truly hoisted!

mudshark
    Free Member

I've got a 2004 frame sat in the garage gathering dust. Not got any picks of it built up though. Shame besause it was a cracking bike.

There must be loads of the 2002-4 bikes around but I rarely see them – I like mine (S-works one above) but decided not to pursue full-suss, as a hardtail is fine for me really, so haven't been lured by other bikes. If it's not going to get used then why not sell it?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Still running my Enduro '04 Pro as my proper bike. Haven't ridden it for about 4 weeks tho. 😥

Tracey

Our three

Tracey

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

My second one, love it!!!

clubber
    Free Member

My 2003 one

chopperT
    Free Member

What's the shock on yours clubber?

akira

Few changes since then but basically the same, gets up most hills and flies down them.

iainc

I loved my 04 one – ran it with a Pushed Coil Vanilla shock and coil Revs – was about 31lbs and lovely to ride – ate bushings though…..

khani
    Free Member

got a betd link for a 03-04 enduro for sale if anyone is interested, mail in profile

clubber
    Free Member

ChopperT – It's a DHX air 5.0. I replaced the stock Fox Float ITCH with a longer shock (200×50 compared to approx 190mm for the original) with the linkage in the slacker setting which then gets both the head angle and BB height to what I think is the right place (BB was much too low originally and I was fed up hitting my feet/cranks).

I didn't really like the DHX though as it was very soggy in the middle of the travel so have swapped it for an RS Pearl.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Here's my 2004. Lovely bike.

Unfortunately it languishes in my garage in bits, the forks and wheels have been donated to my Marin Trail 140 and the cranks are fit only for the skip. One day I'll get round to rebuilding her.

Hadge
    Free Member

This is my "new" bike, an 04 S Works built up from bits off my On One SS. So far it feels really good but not had a chance to really push it but can't wait try. Fitted a BETD Link at the rear so now have 6" of travel to match the front 140mm from the Floats plus the added advantage of the higher BB height. Looks cool

renton
    Free Member

cheers for all the replies!! some very nice bikes out there!!

mine is currently stock with the fox 36 talas forks and full xt drivetrain.

up grades so far are as follows………. i beam micro seatpost and saddle.

fsa maximus wide riser ( probaly chaged these at a later date)

wheels of a 08 pitch with michelin tyres.

im keen onlearning more about shock replacements as the 5th fitted to my bike is an unreliable model or somthing??

also for those that have had their enduros powdercoated , how much did it cost and what level did you strip it down too??(loving the colour of Traceys and Andy M bikes!!)

cheers all!!

Tracey

Stripped all parts of it then powdercoater did the rest, £45, the pics dont do Katies bike justice

Tracey

PJM1974
    Free Member

I do really like those powdercoated Enduros, they look great.

brakes
    Free Member

best bike ever!
    I ride everything on this and it copes brilliantly
    going to put some air forks on the front which should drop it to 30 lbs

might consider getting some lighter wheels and tyres for those days when I'm just doing XC miles

gazman
    Free Member

neilsonwheels if finners dont buy i might be interested thats if your sellin of course, gaz

coolhandluke
    Free Member

My 2006 S-Works with Fox 36r's, Fox DHX 5 coil rear shock, Chris king rear hub, Superstar front hub, Mavic 729 rims and whopping big rotors its built for shagging downhill and isn't light at 38lbs. Slack shuttle in too making the head angle super slack. 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

T'other side (in the Peaks)

Gary_C

Here's my '04 S-Works.
    Fitted with Fox 36 FLOATS with the 30mm internal spacer on the neg. spring,to drop the travel to 130mm.This has transformed the bike,from having a nervous,wandering front end,into a more confidence inspiring machine when going downhill.
    Oh,it climbs well too,I thought that not being able to drop the fork travel when riding would be a real problem,but so far it hasn't.(the previous fork was a Fox 85/125mm TALAS).
    The only problem is in strong crosswinds,when the monocoque frame acts like a sail…

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Loads of geekness concerning Enduro's here

geeky Enduro thread . Very anal.

j-claw
    Free Member

I_Ache
    Free Member

renton you are quite limited with shock choice due to spech putting a stupid custom length shock on in the first place (8.75×2.5) You and get Fox DHX shocks to fit (both air and coil) or you could go for something a little different. Some 8.5×2.5 shock will fit giving you the same travel and Marzocchi Roco shocks fit but they are bigger 8.75×2.75 giving you more travel these options only work on certain frame sizes (I THINK its large and above) due to clearance and you need to use the high bb shuttle.

If your lucky you will be able to get a very cheap vanilla from ebay that should be the correct size and TF can tune that to give a decent platform so it doesn't bob around on the climbs. If I were you I would seriously consider giving the 7.875×2.0 a try and lowering the whole bike down. As you have the TALAS forks this would work great you could drop the forks for the twisty and uphill stuff and raising them for the dh stuff. This will make the bike a real playbike and will give you massive smiles. You could get a shock from ebay for under £100 and if you dont like it resell it you wont loose much if anything.

Dango
    Free Member

08 with Vans up front and roval wheels (just over 30lb)

06 S-Works with two-step Lyrics and DHX Ti

Cant find the pic of my 03 but that had a Vanilla in the rear in lieu of the std shock

Also have an SX trail (very similar frame, but heavier bits on it)35lbs

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘show me your Enduros!!’ is closed to new replies.